Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

wildthing74

Devil94 said:
Belfast fans are not used to losing, so they are looking for petty little victories. They can't even look at their own side for those, so looking at us is their only option. The 'stay classy' being their biggest argument, which is very rich coming from them and their team. There wasn't any boos when Lloyd was down or helped off the ice, so they have also resorted to making stuff up.

Enjoy the 4 points and laugh at any comments from them. :lol: :lol: :Banana
Spot on pretty much what I've told them today.

Ocko

No boos, but there were jeers and I few things shouted by a fair few and I was one of them. I wouldnt hesitate to do it the next time it happened to him. As I've said already, it couldn't have happened to a better bloke. You reap what you sow Lloyd. You treat your opposition with zero respect so don't expect any from their fans.

I was fairly worried for the player, until I seen a #72 on the back. He finished Vothers career with a late hit, injured Marsh's shoulder a year or two ago with another late hit and Hotham a few weeks ago with a hit from behind. And that's just a quick count of our team alone. I couldn't care less if it happened to him every time he visited the tent, he's a classless rat.

Gough60

Only boo's were when Keefe went up for mom. There were muted claps when the putz was carried off. (not from me).
The class the giants showed can be summed up with their performance when plexi broke.
THEY AINT GOT NONE
What a fantastic (4 point) weekend of hockey at the BBT.

All I have to say to Steve King and the whole Devils organisation is-

THANK YOU

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
No boos, but there were jeers and I few things shouted by a fair few and I was one of them. I wouldnt hesitate to do it the next time it happened to him. As I've said already, it couldn't have happened to a better bloke. You reap what you sow Lloyd. You treat your opposition with zero respect so don't expect any from their fans.

I was fairly worried for the player, until I seen a #72 on the back. He finished Vothers career with a late hit, injured Marsh's shoulder a year or two ago with another late hit and Hotham a few weeks ago with a hit from behind. And that's just a quick count of our team alone. I couldn't care less if it happened to him every time he visited the tent, he's a classless rat.
2000 people totally agree with this, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW, KNOBHEAD.

James

Administrator
Re: Devils Vs Giants - 6th & 7th December- Chat/Updates

Can we not get down to personal insults please (general team insults are fine :) )

The fact of the matter is it's been a long time since we've had any bragging rights at all against the Giants. They have come into our rink and consistently beaten the crap out of us. Lloyd and Keefe have had a free reign to do as they wish and nothing was ever done. The Giants fans have to accept after so many teabaggings over the years we have the right to be happy that we pulled of 2 good wins over them. Lots of hockey left this season between the 2 teams including a semifinal. Exciting stuff (for once)

wildthing74

Never seen a fan base lose with such lack of dignity apart from all the years when Sheffield were cack and they bitched and moaned. Suck it up we have had plenty of experience losing but it just makes you enjoy the highs more.

drainage

WheresWally said:
Chris said:
WheresWally said:
some of you lot should hang your heads in shame ....booing a injured player off the ice after a late and dangerous hit by Marsh. we all know that Lloyd is the player you all love to hate, but to actually boo an injured player is a disgrace, and you lot have the cheek to call other supporters classless.
I would expect some kind of retribution from DOPS and am sure you lot will moan on and on if he gets a ban.

Like I said in a earlier post Devils totally deserved the 4pt weekend and played two very good games, but if other supporters had reacted like some of your fans did to an injured player, im sure there would have been page after page of complaints on here about it.
I have always enjoyed the support and vocal backing your fans give to your team whenever they visit Belfast, now unfortunately some of the more moronic ones have me changing my opinions on that.
:WALLY
and this from a Moderator, no wonder you fans are allowed to say whatever they like on here :DWD .......maybe this like should be for you eh https://vine.co/v/OOQhhbLpFtA
How about replying to the questions ? Did you comment on Giants fans booing our player when down ? Who did you hear boo Lloyd ? What do you think of Giants fans booing our MOM ? What's you view on the injuries Lloyd has caused over the years?

Face facts anything you have accused us of ......and not correctly in all cases......has been dished out in spades by Giants fans

It's probably not all fans but there are some distasteful fans there ......fairly sure it's the only place I have been spat at

no booing heard from here either..... the chanting while he was down was a bit...... eesh however given where the hit was and the fact half the rink probably couldn't see him still down so it's one of them things I guess.

win some, lose some, learn from mistakes.

I had avoided going to Cardiff for a few years following a very unsavoury experience the last time I was there - but before a puck was dropped I encountered nothing but friendliness and even after the game(s) the banter was great - I can accept you hate Sandrock if you can accept I hate Myers ;)

Not sure if any of Block 2 noticed Bowns smirk towards away block following THAT save while a fair few of us were all politely clapping. Genius moment - I love a bit of cockiness and that save deserved a lot of it.

when we remove the minority from both sides who overstep the lines then I'd say we have a great little rivalry buzzing. Really hoping for another double header next season. Beautiful city and results aside, a cracking weekend!!

cupcake said:
when we remove the minority from both sides who overstep the lines then I'd say we have a great little rivalry buzzing. Really hoping for another double header next season. Beautiful city and results aside, a cracking weekend!!
This. Great overall post but this summarises my thoughts exactly.

Have Hope#35

cupcake said:
no booing heard from here either..... the chanting while he was down was a bit...... eesh however given where the hit was and the fact half the rink probably couldn't see him still down so it's one of them things I guess.

I had avoided going to Cardiff for a few years following a very unsavoury experience the last time I was there - but before a puck was dropped I encountered nothing but friendliness and even after the game(s) the banter was great - I can accept you hate Sandrock if you can accept I hate Myers ;)

Not sure if any of Block 2 noticed Bowns smirk towards away block following THAT save while a fair few of us were all politely clapping. Genius moment - I love a bit of cockiness and that save deserved a lot of it.

Nice post ;)

DevilDom

cupcake said:

Great post which is much more in line with the vast majority of Giants fans I have spoken to in the past. Glad you enjoyed your visit and yes hopefully we have another round of double headers next year.

After that weekend all that should be said from a giants point of view is what the hell has Thornton done to that team. Devils were the far better team all weekend but the giants showed no fight no will to win outside of maybe 4 or 5 players gutless performance from the rest. Thornton has somehow turned a very good team into a middle of the table team unable to compete with the Devils,Panthers,Steelers or the Clan. Devils look to have right mix of physicality and skill in your team with very good goaltending from Bowns I can see you going on to challenge for silverware this season and envy you getting to watch players who want to compete for you night in night.

voth26

WheresWally said:
some of you lot should hang your heads in shame ....booing a injured player off the ice after a late and dangerous hit by Marsh. we all know that Lloyd is the player you all love to hate, but to actually boo an injured player is a disgrace, and you lot have the cheek to call other supporters classless.
I would expect some kind of retribution from DOPS and am sure you lot will moan on and on if he gets a ban.

Like I said in a earlier post Devils totally deserved the 4pt weekend and played two very good games, but if other supporters had reacted like some of your fans did to an injured player, im sure there would have been page after page of complaints on here about it.
I have always enjoyed the support and vocal backing your fans give to your team whenever they visit Belfast, now unfortunately some of the more moronic ones have me changing my opinions on that.
Like when some giants fans cheered lloyd for the cheap shot hit on voth in the O which forced voth to retire and then boo'd voth when he was down injuried on the ice, glass houses and stones spring to mind my friend

voth26

Chris said:
WheresWally said:

Class

James

Administrator
paul60 said:
After that weekend all that should be said from a giants point of view is what the hell has Thornton done to that team. Devils were the far better team all weekend but the giants showed no fight no will to win outside of maybe 4 or 5 players gutless performance from the rest. Thornton has somehow turned a very good team into a middle of the table team unable to compete with the Devils,Panthers,Steelers or the Clan.
The Giants pretty much kept the team that ran away with the league last year, the other teams upgraded. Giants are only 6 points adrift from the top and the closeness of the top 6 shows how tight it is.

voth26

WheresWally said:
Chris said:
WheresWally said:

and this from a Moderator, no wonder you fans are allowed to say whatever they like on here :DWD .......maybe this like should be for you eh https://vine.co/v/OOQhhbLpFtA
Its OUR team and you can always stay on your forum then cant you, kotg has coloured glasses as well dont forget.

voth26

cupcake said:

Well said class post, and i do hate sandrock lol

Sheincar

cupcake said:

Between us two & don't tell anyone but I hate Myers too :lol:

this is the first post I have made on your forum. I have been a Giants fans from the very first season and have enjoyed many games against the Devils (both good and bad) and I for one have never had any problems with fans, having said that, all teams have a minority that just like to cause and fuel arguements, and reacting is just lowering ourselves to their level.
I watched both games this weekend via the webcast, and have to say the Devils fully deserved the 4pts, no arguement from me or I should say from the vast majority of Giants fans. As for the alleged booing following the injury to Lloyd I have to say it wasnt evident over the webcast.
So far this season we have played each other 8 times, with both sides winning their home fixtures, but I would admit that because the Devils have won the last three games that you have the momentum, but we all know how fickle this game we love is dont we :) we have to play at least 4 more games so still plenty to play for.
I would hope that all these games be genuine battles, games of hard fough, hard nosed hockey, but fairly played hockey. That way neither set of supporters will be able to complain about stupid things influencing the outcome (but we all know a referee will do that somewhere down the line :) )