Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Too many negative people on the forum imo.
we are starting to be like bluebirds of icehockey,
when we win we are the best, but when we lose and everyone has excuses.

Last night was a good game and i couldnt see many things to moan about to be honest,
obviously the passing wasnt the best or defence and the scoring wasnt either, But that is expected being as they havent played together etc,

look at the good side of things instead people. :)

wildthing74

Brian Ball said:
Too many negative people on the forum imo.
we are starting to be like bluebirds of icehockey,
when we win we are the best, but when we lose and everyone has excuses.

Last night was a good game and i couldnt see many things to moan about to be honest,
obviously the passing wasnt the best or defence and the scoring wasnt either, But that is expected being as they havent played together etc,

look at the good side of things instead people. :)
Agreed.One game and people are arguing over performances by some.These guys have been here a matter of hours in some cases.I wont be passing judgment until at least a month when things settle down.Then they are all fair game if they not performing ;)

Finny

Bar one petty squable between two posters, I don't think the reaction on here has been too bad. Most people have accepted it was only a friendly and we need some more practices. I was worried that I'd come on here and it would be the end of the world, but was pleasantly surprised.

wildthing74 said:
Was just about to post the same!Having a pop at Voth and G and did not even see the game. :lol:
I was there. I just didn't see the Voth incident.

wildthing74

Re the Voth incident,you said" from what I heard(from mate who was at the game)."That to me,Finny and Florida read that you were commenting on this having heard 2nd hand and not seen by yourself.

I was texting someone when it happened, didn't look up till I heard the shouts etc. All I saw was Voth near Jaeger and both looking pretty pee'd off.

Anyway like other posters have said, it was a friendly. mistakes were made by both teams. time to move on. Don't really want this to spoil things on this site - I actually like it here.

I was there, and the coventry player simply collided with his own goalie when Brad didn't change his course. Brad didn't actually make contact with anybody, but the away fans couldn't this see properly as Brad was in front of the coventry players and screened their view.

Kipper

Gingers Husband said:
Kipper said:
Quite frankly the Devils were shocking. They looked like they had never played together before.
That's no excuse, as professional athletes they are paid to do a job and should therefore get off the plane lace up and be N.H.L standard from the off. That's what my 75th consecutive season ticket pays for and as I have seen 3 more games than you my opinion obviously carries far more weight. Just because you can work a goal light and the clock you don't deserve any special treatment you bloody volunteer warriors make me sick True fans like me keep this club going and I should be king of block 8 yadda yadda rant rant rant etc.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to make a quick comment on the parking ticket issue. I know of several people who have phoned the traffic wardens office in the past to try and get them down to the rink on a match night only to be told they did not work weekends!!

As soon as the new system was announced my friend actually commented to me that the new wardens were bound to be down at the rink asap.

From a totally personal point of view I am glad they are finally taking some action.

It was only a friendly but lets hope that's not a sign of things to come. We seemed to own the puck for most of the game but really struggled to create clear cut chances (credit to Blaze for having a well organized defense though). Lyle looked a bit shakey as well - but I guess it was his first match in a while. I also think the idea of G playing is a bit iffy, but if the finances aren't there, then he's gunna have to.

A good 'team' performance from the Blaze who I think will be up there again this season. Hoping for a much better performance on Wednesday. Remember, our first few 'real' fixtures are VERY tough - we need to get our act together quick if we want any chance in the league.

The state of the ice was a joke. Hope the Devils don't pay Planet Ice for rink rental for that game - 'cause it could put off a few first timers.

On the positive side of things we did get better throughout the game, towards the end we seemed to pass the puck around with confidence. Matzka and Pelle look great, and hopefully they'll gel well with BoomBoom (props to him for standing up for his team mate when the ref wouldn't!). Also great to see Tylor back, I'm surprised he wasn't Man of the Match.

Looking forward to the real season.

i agree with people not parking on the pavements its ridicoulous it costs a pound to use the car park and there is loads of space in there it doesnt hurt to wait five minutes to get out everyone else has to do it

Friendly Game - what between the Devils and The Blaze - Are you Serious?
I though the changes to the Intro were really good - Great job - really got the crowd going - much better than last season and I though last season's intro was good.
Obviously it will take time for the players to gel with each other - the season is a marathon not a sprint.
The announcing of panalties with ... gets a "VIP invitation to the RAF Penalty box" is going to be very very tiresome by the end of the season - especially if we have Mr Inconsistency himself (Mr Hicks) refereeing. I will acknowledge that refereeing is a very difficult job to do and that without them us supporters would not having anything to watch, but as with any sport, the players need to know that the game will be officiated (however badly) in a consistent manner.
This is something that Mr Hicks appears to be unable to deal with. IMO I believe he over-compensates for being from Cardiff, so to avoid being branded a "Homer ref" he penalises anything that moves in a Devils shirt whilst the visitors usually get away very nicely.
Examples from yesterday's game - 1st minute Mr Voth gets called for hooking - I am not convinced he got the right player - I would have said that Phil Hill should have been called, but Brad ended up in the box.
Brad later gets called for checking to the head - the Blaze player was in the throes of ducking down, Brad is finishing off his check - Mr Hicks, it's a physical game!! - what a crass call that was.
Pelle (?) gets checked from behind into the boards - Mr Hicks, less than 15 feet away, calls nothing - crowd goes ballistic at the lack of a call - understandably Max steps in and deals with the situation that should never have arisen if the ref had done his job (the job he is paid to do) properly. The game is physical one, no issues there, but this was a significantly worse incident for which Brad got called.
Finnerty and Carlson at the f/o - 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Finner handed the Blaze plyer his backside on a plate, but I defy anyone (with half decent eyesight) to be able to apportion blame to one over the other - yet more inconsistent decision making.
Brad running the goalie? you must be having a laugh - It was the goalie's own player that clocked him.
Things will improve for the Devils - it will just a while longer than some might have wanted or anticipated

kettdevil1

Block 2 Noise Boys said:
Brad running the goalie? you must be having a laugh - It was the goalie's own player that clocked him.
True, although he was given a helping push by Mr Voth....

Enjoyable game until the rink issues started to interfere. The Blaze looked a week ahead of us in preparation but there was enough in the game to suggest that we should have a fair amount to look forward to.

A few positives:
1) Mark Richardson looks to have progressed even further - I wouldn't swap him for Weaver
2) Max and Brad look considerably fitter than last year.
3) The Voth/Hill/Finner line is going to annoy a lot of people this year
4) Mazka and Pelle look to be good additions - when they play together rather than showing their individual skills it could be promising
5) Impressed with Sawyer, I expected a meathead and got someone who can actually play
6) Great crowd for a pre-season game

Most of the negatives (especially the PP) should resolve themselves given a week of practice but the defence has got to be the priority, far too many mistakes were made and this will be a key focus at the start of the season.

BIt of a troll here ;) but we beat the chavs 4-2, with two D men missing and a top line forward :lol:

No seriously pre season game means nothing just a good chance for your coach to see his team skate and blow away a few cobwebs. And remember the blaze have already had a game more than you

scottydoesntknow said:
the placid casual said:
What exactly is your point all i said was that i thought Stuart Macrae was a pretty good player and you are having a go at me, and for the record do you know me? because i can assure you i am not an old man.
...and All I said was that I thought he was terrible, then you proceeded to get on your high horse and inform me that you had been watching since 1986, implying that my opinion was inferior to yours!
I wasn't implying that my opinion was inferior to yours, but just saying that they have just stepped off the plane and you can't reserve judgement so soon as it is ridiculous to do so with the players being so knackered etc etc.

And by the way i know who you are now, you went to the Sheffield Steelers away game in fancy dress on Bob's tours dressed as a gimp i mean pimp, is that you? lol

Finny

I wonder whether Tad will come back to reply to the suggestion that the Blaze were gooning it up last night against a young and small Tilburg side?

Status
Not open for further replies.