Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStub

Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

And quite right too... if there is enough alternate parking. Has the pool carpark situation been sorted?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Finny

Crikey.

Who would have thought parking on the pavement was illegal...........

Seeing as I was nearly run over once by a 4x4 for daring to walk on the pavement whilst they wanted to drive onto it - they won't be getting any sympathy from me sorry.

Finny

TheStub said:
And quite right too... if there is enough alternate parking. Has the pool carpark situation been sorted?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
I'm guessing they will be charging £1 again as soon as they realise the season has re-started. Alternatively the DCF charge £1 to park in the rink and if they are allowed to open that back gate again it's much quicker getting out.

Sent from my PC using my keyboard.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #105
Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Sorry but I have to agree. There is no excuse for parking on the pavements. There us plenty of hardstanding parking near the rink if people need it and don't like the mud and gravel car park.

Wannabe2

Firstly it would be nice if fellow Devils fans didnt have a go at each other, as its not the Devils way.Secondly its just my opinion but naming who you think is the worse player after 1 game if at all is very inappropriate. Thirdly who the hell took the decision to put the away fans in block 1, that is one huge boo boo. On the game i dont think we were beaten by a better team, just one that has more time together to gel, after all it is a team sport, and until the team gels its uphill and you only gel with time. Must say that Matzka looks a gem, Tylor is Tylor, and was very very impressed with Ben, this young man just gets better and better. Great turn out by the fans we have much much better times ahead in the future, its gonna be a awesome season.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

voth26

working so cant get to game, sounds like we are all going to have to give the guys our full support in true devils style while they start to gel on the ice, hopefully there's a good game tonight to be honest i'm not to bothered about the result as long as there is a passion from the guys about wearing and playing in a devils shirt and playing in front of the best fans in the league for me that will do to start, although wouldnt complain if we flattened a few blaze players in the process :lol: :lol:

Kipper said:
Quite frankly the Devils were shocking. They looked like they had never played together before.
That's no excuse, as professional athletes they are paid to do a job and should therefore get off the plane lace up and be N.H.L standard from the off. That's what my 75th consecutive season ticket pays for and as I have seen 3 more games than you my opinion obviously carries far more weight. Just because you can work a goal light and the clock you don't deserve any special treatment you bloody volunteer warriors make me sick True fans like me keep this club going and I should be king of block 8 yadda yadda rant rant rant etc.

Ger-Devils

Gingers Husband said:
Kipper said:
Quite frankly the Devils were shocking. They looked like they had never played together before.
That's no excuse, as professional athletes they are paid to do a job and should therefore get off the plane lace up and be N.H.L standard from the off. That's what my 75th consecutive season ticket pays for and as I have seen 3 more games than you my opinion obviously carries far more weight. Just because you can work a goal light and the clock you don't deserve any special treatment you bloody volunteer warriors make me sick True fans like me keep this club going and I should be king of block 8 yadda yadda rant rant rant etc.
:lol: :illgetmycoat:

Wannabe2

That's what my 75th consecutive season ticket

Jesus your looking good for your age mate, i wouldnt have put you a day over 62.
HAPPY HOCKEY MEMORIES. :lol:

Wannabe2 said:
Thirdly who the hell took the decision to put the away fans in block 1, that is one huge boo boo.
:lol:

I predicted this type of comment after 4 games. I'm still waiting for a reason as to why it was moved...

Finny

Holl_5 said:

I predicted this type of comment after 4 games. I'm still waiting for a reason as to why it was moved...
I would guess it's a combination of a couple of things. Some of the Blaze fans have said they preferred it in block 15 as the view is a bit better, accessibility is better and you can see the scoreboard. No offence to the away fans, but if we are looking to get near sell outs we are going to need to put our home fans in the best block possible.

Additionally, I would guess we are doing it to put the away fans out of the way in the corner. There were a couple of times last season when the away fans were hecking people in that area. Probably not wise to have the away fans above where the sponsors and important people stand before going onto the ice to do presentations etc.

Finny said:
Holl_5 said:

I would guess it's a combination of a couple of things. Some of the Blaze fans have said they preferred it in block 15 as the view is a bit better, accessibility is better and you can see the scoreboard. No offence to the away fans, but if we are looking to get near sell outs we are going to need to put our home fans in the best block possible.

Additionally, I would guess we are doing it to put the away fans out of the way in the corner. There were a couple of times last season when the away fans were hecking people in that area. Probably not wise to have the away fans above where the sponsors and important people stand before going onto the ice to do presentations etc.
Is this the official reason?

So having one slightly better block (yet to be convinced it's any better) for home fans is better than inconveniencing blocks 2, 3, 4 and 5 full of Devils fans? I'll come back on here after a Panthers home game on a Saturday night...

I'm sure the sponsors are big enough and ugly enough to take a little bit of heckling from what 50-100 away fans. I'd say Calzaghe and the big wigs from HSBC (and their minders) come across much worse on a daily basis than a couple of every day folk giving them 'clean' banter...

I'm sure comments like Glynne's won't be the last we'll hear from those people on that side of the rink.

Personally, I'd still like to know who made the decision, although I won't hold my breath.

Finny

Holl_5 said:
Is this the official reason?
If it was official I wouldn't be guessing! :p

Holl_5 said:
So having one slightly better block (yet to be convinced it's any better) for home fans is better than inconveniencing blocks 2, 3, 4 and 5 full of Devils fans? I'll come back on here after a Panthers home game on a Saturday night...

I'm sure the sponsors are big enough and ugly enough to take a little bit of heckling from what 50-100 away fans. I'd say Calzaghe and the big wigs from HSBC (and their minders) come across much worse on a daily basis than a couple of every day folk giving them 'clean' banter...
Block 1 looked pretty full of away fans from where I sat, yet if anything I would say the people walking past was less of a problem than normal. I guess Blaze fans are used to waiting for a break in play before moving around, whilst we usually have newbies in Block 1 who havn't a clue.

Totally disagree with the suggestion that the sponsors should take a bit heckling. The club will be wanting to give the sponsors as polite and perfect an evening as possible, any heckling or abuse that could diminish their enjoyment could mean less money coming the way of the club.

I can understand some people being disappointed about the move and some fans might not like being next to the away fans. Although some fans in the old WNIR used to love being next to the away fans and purposely sat in block 17.

Gazza272 said:
Tad# said:
As previously stated, you can't look at this too seriously. Blaze were in the same boat on Wednesday - Carlson hadn't touched ice since April! Not going to comment on the Voth v Jaeger incident anymore as it's pointless on here. Would say though, Gerad has got to stop Devils from gooning it up. Goons don't win trophies.

But what Should Gerad Adams the coach of the Cardiff Devils do?
Not sure to be honest. He's probably told them to off already. It was a friendly so he probably wanted to see what they could do. Hicks lost control of the game early - why do I feel like I'll be saying that again this season -, after that anything went. Some bad play from both teams, but when Blaze took the lead, Devils lost there cool. I'd say Adams needs to make sure they keep there heads down and focus on getting back into the game.

Finny said:
Tad# said:
As previously stated, you can't look at this too seriously. Blaze were in the same boat on Wednesday - Carlson hadn't touched ice since April! Not going to comment on the Voth v Jaeger incident anymore as it's pointless on here. Would say though, Gerard has got to stop Devils from gooning it up. Goons don't win trophies.
Oh grow up. The Blaze Dman caught Jaeger in the head after trying to check Voth away. IMO there were more highsticks and elbows from the Blaze players than the Devils. And all of them not called.
When were we gooning it up? When our players were sent head first into the boards?

You do realise there is a difference between gooning it up and deservedly beating the crap out of someone?
Plus I'm not sure who the two players missing on D were? Sodapop missed the rest of the game but Weaver was back on the ice only a couple of shifts later.

Wrong choice of words then Finny. Sorry. I just meant, losing your cool won't solve the problem. If Blaze did what you said, then a competent ref would of called them for it, as well as Devils penalties. However, Hicks lost control of the game early on - why do I feel like I'll be saying that a lot this season - and then everything went out the window.

From what I heard ( from mate at the game) the attack on Jaeger looked bad. It could of just been from the angle he saw it from though I suppose.

I think everythings been said that needs to be about the game.

On the parking ticket issue i have to disagree with many.

I think it was clearly a money making exercise for the council. The tickets were issued for parking on the cycle path. Cars have parked there for as long as the rinks been open down there. I always park there to avoid the traffic chaos and queues trying to get out of the rink/swimming pool car park.

I ofcourse dont expect sympathy but i will be appealing it with the council and think its absolutely disgusting to issue tickets given the area and time of day etc. Robbery infact.

Finny

Tad# said:
From what I heard ( from mate at the game) the attack on Jaeger looked bad. It could of just been from the angle he saw it from though I suppose.
So you are criticising the Devils about a game you didn't even see??????????????
Well I was at the game too and there was no goonery from either side. Niggly at times and two fights but compared to most Devils-Blaze games it was very tame. There was no sending people into posts and then banging their heads into the ice. Nor was there anyone sending out a line of fighters against the smaller players and brits.

Regarding the Voth incident, assuming your mate was in the away block he would have had a pretty rubbish angle of it.
The puck was fired towards Jagaer and Voth chased it. He was shadowed by a blaze player. Jaeger came out of his crease slightly and covered up the puck. The Blaze played suddenly realised he was going to collide with his netminder and as he couldn't go to his right (collision with goal) he tried to go left. But as Voth was to his left he simply bounced off him, tried to jump over his netminder but caught the helmet with his skate. Voth skated past Jagaer with roughly a foot of space between them and so never touched the netminder.

wildthing74

Was just about to post the same!Having a pop at Voth and G and did not even see the game. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.