Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not getting worked up i find it amusing that everyone else seems to be making such a big deal about it. I park in the swimming pool car park or if i get a lift we park in the rink car park.
Why are you trying to suggest so much that i do just because i have a different opinion to yours. I feel the need to reply because immature people think it is ok to judge people without knowing them like you seem to be doing right now.

TheStub

I am quite literally laughing myself silly right now.

And for the record... I am rainman.

On a serious note, parking on the pavements with the numbers if pedestrians about does constitute a risk. Yes, I'm not perfect (near as damnit though) but I like to think I have a level of common sense.

Finny

Becky said:
Im not getting worked up i find it amusing that everyone else seems to be making such a big deal about it. I park in the swimming pool car park or if i get a lift we park in the rink car park.
Why are you trying to suggest so much that i do just because i have a different opinion to yours. I feel the need to reply because immature people think it is ok to judge people without knowing them like you seem to be doing right now.
I apologise, I just thought you were getting overly passionate about something if it wasn't related to you.

I didn't see anyone judging people. All I could see was people pointing out that they couldn't really complain about being fined when they were breaking the law and there were other alternatives for them.

steve

Can we rest the parking issue now please, everyone knows the score now so if anyone wants to winge about getting a ticket from now on - don't. The council have set the tone, we've all discussed it to death, so from here on in it's fair game. Park illegally - take the consequences.

Re: Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Ahem

Becky said:
I think you calling everyone and anyone who parks on the pavement selfish gits is frankly quite childish. Are you not supposed to be an adult?
Well, technically I am an adult, so I suppose the answer is yes? I think you arguing like a spoilt brat over something you dont even partake in is quite childish. Are you not supposed to be an adult?

Becky said:
What difference does it make to you if people park there? Does it stop you walking on the pavement? I highly doubt it.
What difference does it make? Well, I use the pavements, so I guess it makes a lot of difference. And I usually find myself walking along the road instead of the pavement (I have come to the conclusion that it is safer than the pavements outside the rink now).

The pavements are barely much wider than a car. One, at a push two, people could walk abreast alongside cars down the pavement. When arriving at and leaving the rink, I frequently see adults AND children having to step down into the road because cars are in the way. The sheer volume of people trying to move along the pavements, especially at leaving time, is too much to use the pavements.

The superior drivers of the 10 plate BMW's parked on the pavement because they are too good to walk or wait will be the first to complain when someone "accidentally" scratches a nice deep line down all the panels as they try and squeeeeze past it on the pavement.

Becky said:
I bet most people who do park on pavements would have a lot better driving skills than yourself. You have no way of proving that any one of the people who park there has a lack of driving skills and abilities so what is the point in bringing it up other than to insult people and make yourself feel clever. Also, a lethal danger to pedestrians is an exaggeration. Hardly lethal.
Well, my judgement is based on often watching cars both in front and behind of me, in the queue waiting to get into the rink car park, quite violently veering onto the pavements. I have actually seen a very near miss when an never-been-off-roader almost took out a mother and her small child because he failed to look at the pedestrian walkway before mounting the kerb. Lethal? Well, not far off it.

Same when it comes to leaving the rink. People dive into their cars, and, it seems, without looking or any indication, they will pull out into the queues of traffic, expecting to just be let out. It concerns me deeply that people are not only performing an illegal manoeuvre, but they are doing it dangerously.

Lets face it, parking with two wheels on the kerb outside the front of your house is technically illegal. I do it myself, so no, I'm not perfect. But at least I park safely, do not obstruct the pavement for pedestrians, wheelchair users or pushchairs/prams and always make sure that I am not going to run anyone over whilst performing the manoeuvre.

Ok, so some people can park safely. But lets be honest, the people stupid enough to actually park all over pavements like that and put other peoples lives in danger and expect to get away with it can't exactly be overflowing with perception and general driving skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.