Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
The season is on us .. finally.

The new look Devils will take on the new look Blaze for the first time this season in a pre-season 'friendly'. Both teams should be at full strength with the Blaze already having played a game against the understrength Belfast Giants which they lost 4-2. We are looking for volunteers to help out with MNL as last year. Let us know if you are willing and able.

Update : Unfortunately we don't have anyone to man the desks tonight so we won't be able to bring you MNL for this game. Thanks to everyone who offered to text. We will call on your services for the season proper :)

Chat away here.

Ger-Devils

Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Give me a shout if you want help with MNL. Helped out last season and will do so this year.

I'm looking forward to it. All the players are now in it seems. Most practiced this morning and a friend who works at the rink walked up to me earlier said christ, Saywer is huge! I can't post the exact words sorry! Smith brothers were the only ones not there and have flown in this afternoon.

Obviously they will only have 1 session tomorrow before Sat or maybe one in the morning before the game so we can't expect miracles from a team who barely know each other straight off. I'm glad they have a week to train together and work from there

Ger-Devils said:
Give me a shout if you want help with MNL. Helped out last season and will do so this year.

I'm looking forward to it. All the players are now in it seems. Most practiced this morning and a friend who works at the rink walked up to me earlier said christ, Saywer is huge! I can't post the exact words sorry! Smith brothers were the only ones not there and have flown in this afternoon.

Obviously they will only have 1 session tomorrow before Sat or maybe one in the morning before the game so we can't expect miracles from a team who barely know each other straight off. I'm glad they have a week to train together and work from there
this always frustrates me the fact that the players come in so late. I think they should have at least a week training with each other. How can you expect players to practically step straight onto the ice and know how all the other players work. :?:

Ger-Devils

Spatzy said:
Ger-Devils said:

this always frustrates me the fact that the players come in so late. I think they should have at least a week training with each other. How can you expect players to practically step straight onto the ice and know how all the other players work. :?:
Money issues Luke. 9 imports to put up for an extra week and fees etc = Not cheap when you work to a budget.

They have a week before the proper stuff starts next Saturday to train so all will be fine

You should have no worries we beat them with 2 D and a top forward out :lol:

Seriously Coventry didnt look to strong at the back and if you can dominated the neutral zone its the way forward.

Ger-Devils said:

Saw Sawyer at the launch last night and you're right he is huge, mind you for a young lad, Sam Smith looks solid too

ASHIPP

jester said:
You should have no worries we beat them with 2 D and a top forward out :lol:

Seriously Coventry didnt look to strong at the back and if you can dominated the neutral zone its the way forward.
Expect them to have worked on their weaknesses then, even if the games against the Devils are only supposed to be 'warm-ups'.
Blaze will be playing 4 games pre-season (Charity Shield, 2 against Devils, 1 against Tilburg), most other teams will be playing 2 pre-season.
Still can't wait to see both teams in action, though. Hopefully, the smaller pad at the Tent will be the advantage over the Blaze players who have forgotten what it's like to play there!

kettdevil1

Just looked at the online ticket booking - for a pre-season friendly we have sold a phenomenal number of tickets. I haven't counted up the seats but it looks as though only the less popular blocks have substantial number of tickets left.

Very impressive, can't wait.

Ger-Devils

kettdevil1 said:
Just looked at the online ticket booking - for a pre-season friendly we have sold a phenomenal number of tickets. I haven't counted up the seats but it looks as though only the less popular blocks have substantial number of tickets left.

Very impressive, can't wait.
The season ticket seats are actually held until an hour before faceoff so that's why so many gone I think.

Finny

Which reminds me, I still need to go down and buy mine for tomorrow.

Does the Box Office still charge a fee for credit charge purchases?

Ger-Devils

They do on debit cards. Not sure about credit cards.

Another thing, the article on the club website - they're advertising the Devils office number not the ticket office to book etc.

02920382001 is the number for the arena

wildthing74

James said:
The season is on us .. finally.

The new look Devils will take on the new look Blaze for the first time this season in a pre-season 'friendly'. Both teams should be at full strength with the Blaze already having played a game against the understrength Belfast Giants which they lost 4-2. We are looking for volunteers to help out with MNL as last year. Let us know if you are willing and able.

Chat away here.
I'm happy to help with MNL again James.Send me a PM if you need.I have done it for last 2 years or so.

Gutted I'm missing the 1st game, off to our annual trip to Wembley for the RL cup final. looking forward to my fix in Coventry next Wednesday.

Also gutted I'm missing the game tomorrow. I assume I'll be able to pick up my season tickets at the first home league game?!

A

Anonymous

warrington will win the cc cup :)

are all the players here for tonites game?

osh

Can't be at the game tonight but hope you all do one thing, and that is ENJOY. Lets not forget its the first time the guys will have been on the ice as a team and won't start to gel for a couple of weeks minimum. Hope there's a great atmosphere for first time visitors!

voth26

working so cant get to game, sounds like we are all going to have to give the guys our full support in true devils style while they start to gel on the ice, hopefully there's a good game tonight to be honest i'm not to bothered about the result as long as there is a passion from the guys about wearing and playing in a devils shirt and playing in front of the best fans in the league for me that will do to start, although wouldnt complain if we flattened a few blaze players in the process :lol: :lol:

Wannabe2

We should batter them from the get go, we owe Thomson and his team big time from the disgusting way they targeted our Brits with there goon players at theres, Tonight should be pay-back night, and send a message to them that they mess with us at there peril. Would love to see Sawyer batter Smith, and Brad put Cruickshank away.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

heard a whisper that there are steelers players not going to make it in till after next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.