Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th August - Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStub

Re: Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Ivydrive said:
I always park there to avoid the traffic chaos and queues trying to get out of the rink/swimming pool car park.

I of course dont expect sympathy
You wont get any. Are you somehow too good to queue? There is plenty of parking, and the queues move quickly enough...and would be even better when they get rid of those selfish gits who park on the path.

I hope the traffic wardens are there every week, and we finally get rid of these selfish people who are a menace to pedestrians and other road users.

Finny said:
I wonder whether Tad will come back to reply to the suggestion that the Blaze were gooning it up last night against a young and small Tilburg side?
Being a Blaze fan i can reply to that for you. In response to several slashes to the back, elbows, high sticks, then the Blaze stuck up for themselves only to be met by a team of yellow-backed guys who give it but dont want to take it. At one point Cruikshank facewashed a guy and the guys on the bench were shaking their heads at how 'dirty' it was! Hope this answers your 'gooning it up' suggestion

Wannabe2

fanta80 said:
Finny said:
I wonder whether Tad will come back to reply to the suggestion that the Blaze were gooning it up last night against a young and small Tilburg side?
Being a Blaze fan i can reply to that for you. In response to several slashes to the back, elbows, high sticks, then the Blaze stuck up for themselves only to be met by a team of yellow-backed guys who give it but dont want to take it. At one point Cruikshank facewashed a guy and the guys on the bench were shaking their heads at how 'dirty' it was! Hope this answers your 'gooning it up' suggestion

Soon as you mention Cruickshanks name we get the drift who was gooning it up, unless theres a scrapper on the other team.

Finny

fanta80 said:
At one point Cruikshank facewashed a guy and the guys on the bench were shaking their heads at how 'dirty' it was! Hope this answers your 'gooning it up' suggestion
So did Cruickshank get 2+10 for that like you suggested players should in the other thread?

Finny said:
fanta80 said:
At one point Cruikshank facewashed a guy and the guys on the bench were shaking their heads at how 'dirty' it was! Hope this answers your 'gooning it up' suggestion
So did Cruickshank get 2+10 for that like you suggested players should in the other thread?
Difference between a facewash and a full on jumping a player from behind! Instigator means instigating a fight and as this wasnt anywhere near a fight it couldnt be enforced anyway so a slightly ridiculous comment

Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

Ivydrive said:
I think everythings been said that needs to be about the game.

On the parking ticket issue i have to disagree with many.

I think it was clearly a money making exercise for the council. The tickets were issued for parking on the cycle path. Cars have parked there for as long as the rinks been open down there. I always park there to avoid the traffic chaos and queues trying to get out of the rink/swimming pool car park.

I ofcourse dont expect sympathy but i will be appealing it with the council and think its absolutely disgusting to issue tickets given the area and time of day etc. Robbery infact.
If it was a money making exercise, they are well within their rights to do it.

You DO realise that parking on a pavement is illegal, right? Therefore, you do not have a leg to stand on regarding a complaint?

It doesnt matter how many other people have parked their car there, or how long for, the point is, you got lucky.

Why is it disgusting "given the time of day"? If anything, they have more of a reason to issue tickets at those times because people randomly pulling on and off pavements with (usually, from what I've seen) poor indication abilities and lack of driving skills are, quite literally, a lethal danger to pedestrians.

There are so many other comments I could make about the whole game/subsequent thread. So many, that I cant be bothered to post them all. So, in summary..

I have never heard such a load of crap in all my life about the state of this player, or that player, or the techniques, or the reffing. What a bunch of idiots.

Re: Devils Vs Blaze Challenge Match 28th Sept - Chat Thread

wildthing74 said:
Yes you "old man" :lol:.I did think him calling you that was a bit harsh!
I actually chuckled for a while after writing that comment, at the end of the day, it's all banter :lol:

the placid casual said:
I wasn't implying that my opinion was inferior to yours, but just saying that they have just stepped off the plane and you can't reserve judgement so soon as it is ridiculous to do so with the players being so knackered etc etc.

And by the way i know who you are now, you went to the Sheffield Steelers away game in fancy dress on Bob's tours dressed as a gimp i mean pimp, is that you? lol
the placid casual said:
Yeah thats the way i saw it but hey what do i know i have only been supporting this team since 1986?
Now we've all calmed down a bit, you can see how I've interpreted that comment though, right? :oops:

And it depends... what colour pimp are you on about ;)

Either way, I was just assessing him based on this one performance!
I'm not saying he's going to be rubbish.... I just said that I thought he was the worst player in that actual game.

Like I said, I hope after catching up on sleep, getting to know team mates etc. he begins to impress!

TheStub said:
Ivydrive said:
I always park there to avoid the traffic chaos and queues trying to get out of the rink/swimming pool car park.

You wont get any. Are you somehow too good to queue? There is plenty of parking, and the queues move quickly enough...and would be even better when they get rid of those selfish gits who park on the path.

I hope the traffic wardens are there every week, and we finally get rid of these selfish people who are a menace to pedestrians and other road users.
Couldn't agree more with your comment.

I think some people feel that they should be allowed to illegally park on pavements, bus lanes, bike lanes, or anywhere which isn't a car park just so they can be a few feet closer to the door or leave a few minutes before the people in the car parks.

I posted this on THF as was at the Blaze Tilburg game:

Ok, first off when I said dirty I mean clutch, grab, checking off the play etc.

Cruikshank in first few minutes punches a player in the face instead of throwing a check with no call, even the blaze fans around me were laughing at the no call. Tilburg didn't throw a check in the first 10 minutes or so, most of them looked young and very fast skaters. Cruikshank was cheapshotting all night, slashing, niggling etc

Tilburg had a 3 on 1 and messed it up in the first just before blaze's goal on the PP. Came as a 3rd rebound after 2 good saves, hit into a half empty net by Fussey whilst the goalie was down. Later 2 on 0 after a turnover by a Tilburg player Chambers hits the puck wide.

Second period, 1-1 Tilburg 3 on 1 shorthanded after a big fluff up by a D man. This is where it gets interesting. Cruikshank pushes a Tilburg player onto their goalie (oh like Voth did yesterday guys?), then Smith kept going in to mouth off at their number 80. Selmser grabs a player by the neck and kinda trys to facewash him (by the neck) then slashes him and gets the slash call. Smith skating around a lot looking like he's going to lose it. Sodastrom (who's eye looks nasty) looks to shoulder barge a player in the crease area, and gets 2+10.... Wrong call IMO. Tilburg score on the PP. Selmser hitting players off the puck as he skates past. Lots of similar incidents where Blaze players hitting very high (mid ice) some to the face/neck/chest area. Carlson high sticked a player in the face (accidently) no call. The 2-2 goal Cruikshank, lovely pass from Chambers for a breakaway. Some lovely moves from Chambers.

Third. 3rd rebound again Lovely moves from Fulgham shot, 2 rebounds later Cowley burries it into net. Missed Lee's goal as was texting about Cowleys!! Blaze fans finally wake up. 5th goal was Owen from Chambers 5 hole. 6th goal was lovely from Cowley. Basically from blue line shot top shelf.

All in all a good game. Blaze worse than yesterday for 1st and 2nd periods but were better in 3rd. Tilburg looked ok until they swapped goalies. Second goalie wasn't as good as first one. Murdy also made some nice saves, although not troubled too much. One save in particular on 5 on 3 PK was really good.

Just found it funny that Blaze fans were laughing/condoning the behaviour of the Blaze players (Smith, Selmser and mostly Cruikshank) when they weren't happy with the devils doing this the night before!! Funny these players were all in Tilburg faces starting etc when in Cardiff last night were generally quiet!!

I enjoyed game although rink was freeeeeeezing compared to Cardiff!!!! Blaze look very good going forward, Chambers played very well again!

Cruikshank was a loose cannon all night!!

fanta80 said:
Finny said:
fanta80 said:
Difference between a facewash and a full on jumping a player from behind! Instigator means instigating a fight and as this wasnt anywhere near a fight it couldnt be enforced anyway so a slightly ridiculous comment
A little clip from last season Involving a certain Dan Carlson and Jade Galbraith... go to the 1.50 mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmLum-MbCXo ... I can't see how fans can cry about players being jumped when their guy has done the same in the past...

ASHIPP

Bit late posting about Saturday now but no suprises with the result. Can't expect much from the Devils after only one (maybe two) proper ice training sessions together. It was a case of well-practiced Blaze (been together a while, already played the Giants etc) taking full advantage of unpracticed, incoherent Devils, so hardly an equal match really!
G says he's satisfied and as long as they are ready for next Saturday onwards, when it really matters, that's what is important.
1. Toughness
No doubt about the Devils' team toughness but saw occassions when some of our smaller guys like Jon and Tylor were simply muscled out of attacking play.The relentless wall of Blaze players in front of Jaeger's goal made getting near it v difficult at times.
2. Penalties
Never had Max down as a fighter but I was impressed! It's re-assuring that the guys can look out for eachother and show they won't take rubbish but thought G was trying to get away from too many minutes in the box for the Devils, this season? Whilst Blaze can probably sacrifice a player like Soderstrom for 10 mins, do the Devils really want key players like Max and Ryan (Finnerty) in the box? Interesting that none of the really big guys on either side got involved in scuffles together.
3. Impressed with......
Jon Pelle - wow!Lightening speed and brilliant stick work. Can't wait to see him get going.
Sam Smith - really impressed with his power and work ethic - relentless and not afraid of anyone.
Stuart McCrae - a few good shots and getting into the right position for the puck.
Tylor - like he's never been away! 200% quality every shift and showed why the fans love him so much.

p.s. Stevie's new pads are v nice but I hope they're not a bad omen! Please bring old ones back!

TheStub said:
Ivydrive said:

I think you calling everyone and anyone who parks on the pavement selfish gits is frankly quite childish. Are you not supposed to be an adult? What difference does it make to you if people park there? Does it stop you walking on the pavement? I highly doubt it. It has nothing to do with being selfish. Maybe you should live a bit. Do you follow every single law there is? I highly doubt it and if you don't follow them all you are complete hypocrite. Many people have done it and a lot have got parking tickets so to insult everyone who has is out of order. This goes to Clare and Lid aswell. Of course if they are parked on the pavement then they can expect a fine but to insult your fellow devils fans and to say most who park on pavements have "poor indication abilities and lack of driving skills are, quite literally, a lethal danger to pedestrians" is rediculius. Grow up. I bet most people who do park on pavements would have a lot better driving skills than yourself. You have no way of proving that any one of the people who park there has a lack of driving skills and abilities so what is the point in bringing it up other than to insult people and make yourself feel clever. Also, a lethal danger to pedestrians is an exaggeration. Hardly lethal. Get over it.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #157
Adamj said:
Did anybody else notice that Tylor Michel was playing D?
Tylor was on D when we were on the 5 on 3. With the low risk from the Blaze as they only had 3 players, we opted for 4 forwards and 1 d. Maxi quite often plays D in these situations (he plays D for the Israeli side). Just gives us that bit more fire-power.

Finny

If you don't park on the pavements then why are you getting so worked up about it? Or is it a case of the person who drives you does?

Status
Not open for further replies.