Devils v Panthers - 30/11 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

bdevil

But nothing for Fitzgerald.
Is that because incidents are always considered worse if blood is drawn? I notice DOPS made a point of stating Nelson needed stitches in their decision..

Rob Batch

The Lawrence/Farmer/McGratton line sounds formidable. Is it not possible for Bordy/Louis/Batch to ice together? May be a terrible idea, but what do I know ! I assume Lordo has it covered.

Electro

The Lawrence/Farmer/McGratton line sounds formidable. Is it not possible for Bordy/Louis/Batch to ice together? May be a terrible idea, but what do I know ! I assume Lordo has it covered.
Not really.

Both sides will want to score and both will need to defend. You need to find ways around that.

It's not that difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

Could be a big psychological boost with a win tonight. The lads can go on with more belief for the rest of the season knowing they can beat the Panthers. Who have been a thorn in our side so far.

Webcast bought, beers in the fridge, BOOM! :)

E.D.S.

What's the betting that the Panthers build on the Steelers rhetoric of us having it easy and the refs helping us out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil94

Panthers fans and players looked very upset with the last call on Farmer. I had a great view of it, and hope the reply catches it.
Wasn't elbowing, but a check to the head of Fournier. Fournier had his head against the boards and looking the other way. If the reply has it from a good angle , definitely worth a dops gamble.

Great win tonight. I agree with a post above massive physiological boost knowing we have beaten every team in the league. Good rest before saturday. Was great seeing Louis back in the mix. Thought he was excellent tonight. Reads the game really well.

jenks33

Another gutsy win tonight and nobody can question this teams never say die attitude. Let's be honest though the results are papering over a few cracks at the moment. There certainly aren't many cracks but there's a couple of glaring ones in my opinion.
The first one for me is our starts (continuously falling 1-0 behind at home). The only start I've been genuinely happy with all season was the second Braehead home game a few weeks ago when we dominated the first period and were very unlucky to go 1-0 down. It might sound harsh seeing as we always fight back but this obviously can't keep happening.
The second for me is Layne Ulmer. To be fair to Layne I don't question his effort and for Lord to give him the 'A' he must be a strong/popular character. Todd also said in his interview the other day that he's a funny guy and good in the locker room. On the ice though I haven't been impressed from day one. He was clearly brought in to be in the top 2/3 goal scorers and he's way off at the moment. 3 months down the line and to me he just looks like a 36 year old veteran that looks a bit past it. I also think we need to see more from bentivoglio in home games. He's produced moments of magic on the road (sheffield and Belfast) but I've been a bit underwhelmed with him at IAW. Again can't fault his effort but we need more from both players.
It would be unnecessary to make changes at the moments because we're winning matches, I feel December is an important month for Ulmer tho, more than any other player.

terry hunt

Another instance of us cheating Devils.Dodgy goal judges,refs are in our pocket,dirty players objecting to being punched,kneed,elbowed,checked from behind.If it wasnt for us gang of cheats Braehead would top their conference, Sheffield and Panthers would be in their rightful place top of the table

bdevil

Another gutsy win tonight and nobody can question this teams never say die attitude. Let's be honest though the results are papering over a few cracks at the moment. There certainly aren't many cracks but there's a couple of glaring ones in my opinion.
The first one for me is our starts (continuously falling 1-0 behind at home). The only start I've been genuinely happy with all season was the second Braehead home game a few weeks ago when we dominated the first period and were very unlucky to go 1-0 down. It might sound harsh seeing as we always fight back but this obviously can't keep happening.
The second for me is Layne Ulmer. To be fair to Layne I don't question his effort and for Lord to give him the 'A' he must be a strong/popular character. Todd also said in his interview the other day that he's a funny guy and good in the locker room. On the ice though I haven't been impressed from day one. He was clearly brought in to be in the top 2/3 goal scorers and he's way off at the moment. 3 months down the line and to me he just looks like a 36 year old veteran that looks a bit past it. I also think we need to see more from bentivoglio in home games. He's produced moments of magic on the road (sheffield and Belfast) but I've been a bit underwhelmed with him at IAW. Again can't fault his effort but we need more from both players.
It would be unnecessary to make changes at the moments because we're winning matches, I feel December is an important month for Ulmer tho, more than any other player.
I know it's all opinions but for me Ulmer is doing everything but put points on the board. His face off ability is among the best and his work rate is unreal. So often he's the first forward back in a defensive position after a turnover.

With regards to benti, he has produced a few magic moments at home, that backhand goal against Belfast for 1, but I think the key is when these two click together. Admittedly, I though these two would come into the league as a ready made dream pairing and would hit it from the off. I think it's just taking slightly longer than we all expected.

Very true with your first point but if we keep winning I don't really care if we go two or three behind..

august04

I thought that game was hard work to watch for 2 periods. IAW seemed flat as did the Devils performance until they got going in the 3rd. I felt for Culligan, he's played so well of late and was very unlucky to be a healthy scratch tonight, although it was good to see Louis back. I must say the Lord-Ulmer-Bentivoglio line was anonymous tonight. If I was choosing who to sit next game, it would be one of those guys after that performance. A win is a win though, happily take 2 points and move on to the weekend.

bdevil

I thought that game was hard work to watch for 2 periods. IAW seemed flat as did the Devils performance until they got going in the 3rd. I felt for Culligan, he's played so well of late and was very unlucky to be a healthy scratch tonight, although it was good to see Louis back. I must say the Lord-Ulmer-Bentivoglio line was anonymous tonight. If I was choosing who to sit next game, it would be one of those guys after that performance. A win is a win though, happily take 2 points and move on to the weekend.
He wasn't a healthy scratch. Confirmed in post match interview with Lord that he's carrying a knock