Devils v Panthers - 30/11 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

What's been said by our bitter and jealous rivals, is bringing the game into disrepute, to say the least.
If fines/warnings/suspensions etc, are not handed out, then our league will be a laughing stock. If it's not already of course.

Electro

So.....you believe that a few teams in this league are somewhere between "not very good" and "utter rubbish". I'm assuming this is comparing this years EIHL teams against (recent) previous years EIHL teams? or are you looking further back? Not arguing but just seems harsh even though I have only been watching for the last 6 years.

Which teams are part of your "a few teams"?.....Most comments I have seen over the last 6 years seem to suggest a better standard year on year pretty much across the whole league. Also how does the game last night highlight issues for the 8 other EIHL teams?

I doubt there will ever be a "History Book" on British Ice Hockey! :) Maybe Amazon would be interested?
Not comparing this yr with any previous yrs. It's my objective perspective on what I've witnessed, there is no right or wrong.

As for books, try

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

What's been said by our bitter and jealous rivals, is bringing the game into disrepute, to say the least.
If fines/warnings/suspensions etc, are not handed out, then our league will be a laughing stock. If it's not already of course.
I agree - these are not attacks directly on us but on officials' integrity (which Corey tried to profit from last night - and succeeded)

But let's not get too excited it is the way of sport, I'm sure many of us remember when Manchester United were riding high - they owned the officials, they had Ferigie time

What is being said is a compliment - to be 30 ish games short of end of season and have this kind of reaction is interesting to say the least

KaneDevils

I agree - these are not attacks directly on us but on officials' integrity (which Corey tried to profit from last night - and succeeded)

But let's not get too excited it is the way of sport, I'm sure many of us remember when Manchester United were riding high - they owned the officials, they had Ferigie time

What is being said is a compliment - to be 30 ish games short of end of season and have this kind of reaction is interesting to say the least
It's not the way of sport though. In most if not all other sports, these comments would be punished.

Kal

Maybe officials are harsher on other teams because other teams don't respect them as is apparant by the number of abuse of officials going around. I hope they keep up this tough stance and don't cave under pressure from sore losers who need to get there players to keep there mouths shut when it comes to talking to officials.

If the league takes no action its a joke. one way or the other, either officials need to be told they're not doing a good enough job or teams need to be reprimanded for publicly abusing officials. if you can't do it on the ice you shouldn't be able to do it in the media either.

voth26

I thought that game was hard work to watch for 2 periods. IAW seemed flat as did the Devils performance until they got going in the 3rd. I felt for Culligan, he's played so well of late and was very unlucky to be a healthy scratch tonight, although it was good to see Louis back. I must say the Lord-Ulmer-Bentivoglio line was anonymous tonight. If I was choosing who to sit next game, it would be one of those guys after that performance. A win is a win though, happily take 2 points and move on to the weekend.
Thought Culli has a minor injury and not a healthy scratch, could be wrong though but that's what I heard??

voth26

In fairness tonight our second goal should never have been, we got a lucky break. i thought in periods 1 and two we were out hit and were on the road to a narrow loss. it was for me frustrating to get banged about in that way. then in third we stepped up the physicality, got the crowd going and started winning almost every 50/50 puck . we're certainly a strange old team in that way!
Some things that i noticed:
*goal judge had "some women's seat" sticker that made me laugh
*assalin's stick measure- only second time I've ever seen that.
*agree reference the ulmer points on here he really isnt clicking at all.
*bowns made a couple of quite outrageous saves in the second to keep us in it.
* again we keep our heads and an opponent loses their rag and gives us the opportunity to win at a canter, nice one punchbag farmer!
For me Ulmer's work rate is second to none he works hard at both ends of the ice, he has a good fo win ratio he is also quite feisty as well, the only thing missing are the goals. In the last few games he's hit the bar and the posts a few times!! I find Benni frustrating as hell though I wish he would be more selfish and shoot more, although ha has set up a few goals. having said that both players are scoring points quietly, just wish they would score more points noisily lol

Ocko

Many fans will remember Mario Simioni from the year we won the play offs. Very similar to Ulmer in that he was in the twilight of his career, from the Italian league, and was brought in to be a big goal scorer. For the first half of the year he couldnt buy a goal and everyone thought he was past it.. then all of a sudden he hit a huge purple patch and couldn't stop scoring.

Ulmer will come good, he's just completely snake bitten at the moment. His legs haven't gone he's not off the pace at all, he's just missing chances he would normally bury. Splitting him and Bentivoglio up wouldn't be the worst idea. Reputation put them together, but for one reason or another it hasn't worked.

ASHIPP

A vital win for the Devils - both physically and psychologically. And again throws a bit more pressure on the chasers to win some games.

A clever game in many ways. Panthers are a well drilled team with an outstanding defence - possibly best in the league. As in previous games against them, it really looked like they were going to stop our guys scoring and grind out a low-score win for themselves.

Credit to the Devils for ramping the speed and aggression in p3...and for the realisation that planting big bodies in front of Wiikman and dropping the puck into front of net might set up some good chances. Mark Louis made a fantastic return from injury.

Clever gamesmanship from Corey at the end to request an illegal equipment check - an attempt to slow the momentum and gain his team a skater at a crucial moment. He was let down by one or two silly discipline actions...someone of McGrattan's experience really shouldn't be chucking his bottle out of the pram at that stage of the game.

Not comparing this yr with any previous yrs. It's my objective perspective on what I've witnessed, there is no right or wrong.

As for books, try

Your reply makes little sense...however I will add the book to my Chrismas list. Ta muchly.

As for books, try

Hmm...I'll put it on my Christmas list. Objective perspective...that clears it up then.