Devils v Panthers - 30/11 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

Electro

Electro suggested changing the lines in the Sheffield thread but, unless I have missed his answer, hasn't yet answered the question as to how..... ;)
Get a pen and some paper, write down names of players that don't currently play together, coaching and strategy are not that difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russky

I think for games against Nottingham and Sheffield we need to adopt a 'horses for courses' approach even if it means changing the established line combinations, just to give them something to think about outside of their 'negative' game plan.

I am all for going with tried and trusted line combos especially if they are successful, but against experienced coaches like Paul Thomson and Corey Nielsen you need to give them something extra to think about and perhaps even throw them a 'curve ball' to use a baseball analogy.

Hopefully we can get an important 2 midweek points here, Nottingham are the only team we haven't beat this season so hopefully there no mental block that could develop.

I also hope the team deal with any off ice build up due to the occasion and start from the first second, it would be nice not to have to play catch up

Anyone seen anything about DOPS today? They usually announce who review are being conducted on and with us playing tomorrow I was expecting them to be announced first thing this morn. Unfortunately I should think steelers would pay for a review of Haddad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Anyone seen anything about DOPS today? They usually announce who review are being conducted on and with us playing tomorrow I was expecting them to be announced first thing this morn. Unfortunately I should think steelers would pay for a review of Haddad.

Would it be a match penalty on upgrade? cant see it myself, as although it was a penalty i dont think it was a 5 minute one, so he's never going to get a ban for it imho. victim finished game and will play next one.

Is the Fitzy one the multiple cross checks on Myers, the multiple punches on Hothams face, the multiple punches to Lords face or the high hit on Lord?

I think the only one of these that could result in a ban would be the high hit on lord. I don't think Todd would waste money on any of the others as they would just be a minor so it's not worth it. It may also be to help with the Haddad result which with the Rutherford hit the other day is surely a maximum of 1 match. Or at least you would hope. God knows when it comes to DOPS

Finny

I'd guess it's the one on Lord too.

It was nearly identical to the one by Haddad, it wouldn't surprise me if the Devils said "If Sheffield request a review on Haddad then we'll ask for a review on Fitz". And rightly so.

E.D.S.

Agree. Good to see us having some teeth.
Always wondered if it was finances that stopped us asking for reviews or perhaps it was more a lack of belief in the system and it not being the Devils way.

Devil_Abroad

It's only £250 I believe so not down to finances.

They wouldn't have known about Steelers putting in a request unless Dave told Todd? So not tit for tat

They think the incident was dangerous enough and footage is clear to warrant a game or two.

Could be the Lord hit but then there's a blatant sucker punch after the whistle on Hotham?

James

Administrator
Agree. Good to see us having some teeth.
Always wondered if it was finances that stopped us asking for reviews or perhaps it was more a lack of belief in the system and it not being the Devils way.

I remember being told at one point (with a previous owner) that the Devils weren't able to lodge any reviews due to not having paid for previous ones. Not sure of the truth but it would probably surprise no one.

Electro

Care to offer a reason why?

We've won 5 in a row with these lines. Sheffield would have known the lines too but couldn't stop us winning.

If we go two periods against Nottingham without scoring then fair enough, change it up. But not from the first face off if everyone is fit.
You have answered your own question.

ASHIPP

According to the Cats Whiskers podcast fans in Nottingham are not happy at all and are very underwhelmed with their weekend victories.

Still, I think they have a great closing down team and we need to take our chances early.

Their fans moan even when they are winning - some comments about that new and huge Lawrence-Farmer-McGrattan line suggest that it helped to get the Panthers their wins over the weekend.