Devils @ Steelers - March 11th - 7:30 pm - Chat & Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.D.S.

Re: Devils @ Steelers - March 11th - 7:30 pm - Chat & Update

Temme said:
E.D.S. said:
1-0 is the same as an 11-0. Can I put that forward as post of the year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go ahead, that quote is direct from our owner.

"@mymets86: Sure we would love to win every game but that isn't possible. Doesn't matter if it's 11-0 or 1-0 a loss is a loss and we move on."

*facepalm*
You're absolutely right. Our owners said it so its definitely right. ??? Another mindless post. Thanks Temme.
We do move on as we always have done but this is a forum. It's for posting opinions not derogatory put downs or sarcastic comments. Disagree by all means but lay off the sarcastic 'post of the year' nonsense. Clearly your opinions carry no weight here for whatever reason that is. It's not something I've been a part of.

E.D.S.

Sliput said:
And there was me thinking the fans had moved a little back into reality after the last couple of years or so and then BANG one crap result and straight back into meltdown !!

Yes its a rubbish result, yes its frustrating that the team seemed to have reacted badly but crap happens. Judge them on the reply on the ice rather than laying into them, especially after the great season we have been having.
Totally agree with you. This is just a little emotion being let out. No more. Awesome season with one trophy in the bank. The sky hasn't fallen in. It's frustration and disappointing. The performance tonight was unacceptable but we move on. People are allowed to vent off. That's all this is. Today news, tomorrow chip paper. 'End of' really.

jimmy snels

Didnt see the game just mnl but that score line is a disgrace and the usual suspects calling people fickle and not fans because they said so are just fluffing the players. What on earth has the brilliant cup victory got to do with this? Fans have travelled hours to watch and support and get that? Its happened to me before in that rink and know your pain EDS. I went bonkers at adams who was coach at the time end of the second period.

SteveKing

Wow. I knew immediately after the game on Sunday that this game was the perfect setup for a fall but never did I imagine this. I even spoke to Todd and some of the players about it on Sunday night. No excuse, though. That result is embarrassing and unacceptable.

Believe me...I understand the emotion of being disgusted and let down and yes - ESPECIALLY if you devoted the time and money to travel to this game. The feeling that the game meant more to you than it did to the players is appalling and extremely maddening so I get the comments about the team and the coach that a day later you might want to soften a touch.

About the only positive I can concoct here is that this should certainly snap them back down to earth and refocus them on the task at hand. This is a group that cares. They've shown it in spades all season. They care about each other and they care greatly for their fans. I guarantee you that they feel awful for the fans that witnessed that and if they don't, the two most competitive people I've met in Andrew and Todd will make it incredibly clear.

So let's stick with it and let's see how they respond this weekend. These boys have given us way too much good stuff to let this result dampen anything.

And for the record...being an owner definitely does not make you an expert...it just means that our seasons tickets cost a lot more!

Well said Steve !
Yes I would have been annoyed if I had travelled up but some of the comments on here have been a disgrace. What this team, coaches, GM and owners have brought to this club is amazing and the passion and commitment to the badge is above and beyond what I thought would be shown.
Yes the score line wasn't pretty but people should remember where we were under the previous owner and what has been achieved by this team in just one season.
People should get a grip, this is what happens in sport but to post comments on here like the ones that have been posted is more embarrassing to us the fans than the score ever was.
So I would like to apologise to you, your fellow owners, Todd, Andrew, Neil and the team for these crass comments by a few supporters, and to say that maybe their emotions were ruling their brain when making these comments doesn't stick with me, and assure you that 99% of us supporters can not thank you all enough for bring back our love for the game and giving us a team to be proud of.
To the team, forget last night and use it to refocus for the rest of the season and make sure you put the record straight on Sunday.

Koop11

Back to reality with a bang! That is an inexcusable score line, regardless whether it’s the same result as a 1-0 loss. We looked very rusty and Sheffield were up for this from the opening face off. Ironically, I thought we had the better second period but we still lost it 2-0.

Many of the goals were from lazy defending. The one where Sheffield had three bites of the cherry was terrible. Will was furious with his teammates and rightly so. Spending the majority of the 3rd SH gave Sheffield the opportunity to go for the jugular and they did. They did score some decent goals so credit to Sheffield. That performance from them defines bouncbackability.

The frustrations were clear towards the end. I think Marsh, who is usually cool as a cucumber, was right to be angry with Sarich for the late hit. Sarich took the pasting like a boy in fairness.

Hothem will probably be looking at a ban for that two handed slash after the goal went in. Forney is not even looking at him when it happens although he does go down like he was shot and miraculously skates fine moments later. I can see why Lord was angry at Gerad for this play as its not the first time Sheffield has done this, this season (for another thread but please do not let this sport turn into football where players are trying to fool the ref!)

Clarkson didn’t really throw punches and Thomas but the fact Thomas didn’t want to know could mean a ban for Clarkson under the current system we have in place. Think it would be harsh though.

The ‘spear’ at the end of the game is nothing at all. Addy should be ashamed of himself for going down like he did. I would love to see the league set a president here and issue a suspension for foul play on Eddy. This would help eradicate some of this diving lark which has creeped into our game of late.

Well 11-0 is never nice to read but we are not unique in the world of sport for slumping after winning a trophy. It is not necessarily just the physical fatigue but also the emotional. Winning a trophy this season is a bonus, with the timing of the take over, the putting together of the team, and where we all were with our club at this precise moment last year.

The most important thing for me is that our club is on a journey, we are not at the destination, we are still moving forward. I would be more disappointed if we were at the end of a 5 year cycle where this team were being broken up and we were seeing the fruits of a long process, but we're not, this team has been together 7 months and I'm sure that a good chunk of them will form the basis of our team moving forward.

Maybe success has come too quickly and our expectations raised too soon. Let's be honest we would have been happy with a top 5 league finish, Qtr Finals of Challenge Cup and a brave POFW weekend. What we've had this year is so much more, and that's what I'll be remembering from the 14/15 season.

E.D.S.

rogue123 said:
to post comments on here like the ones that have been posted is more embarrassing to us the fans than the score ever was.
So I would like to apologise to you, your fellow owners, Todd, Andrew, Neil and the team for these crass comments by a few supporters, and to say that maybe their emotions were ruling their brain when making these comments doesn't stick with me, and assure you that 99% of us supporters can not thank you all enough for bring back our love for the game and giving us a team to be proud of.
Oh dear! That's a tad cringeworthy. I'm pretty certain the owners aren't offended by perfectly valid comments on here. I don't think they are going anywhere, so calm down. Not sure you should be spokesperson for "99%" of supporters with posts like that. Nauseating.

It's ok to express dissatisfaction and disapproval.

Finny

E.D.S. said:
Of course it is. However:

Stuff your challenge cup. Means nothing.
Really? I think this is the comment that got most people wondering what you were on about.
Now that you've calmed down - do you still stand by that comment?

E.D.S.

Finny said:
E.D.S. said:

Really? I think this is the comment that got most people wondering what you were on about.
I think my subsequent posts where I clearly state that I'm pleased we won the cup and the progress we've made covers that one. The manner which we played and then the I'll discipline afterwards was unacceptable. A cup win or not. It's about standards and that is unacceptable.

Temme

Finny said:
E.D.S. said:

Pretty much what i summed up earlier, i can't understand it at all when the two aren't really related :shock:

today is another day, and if there's one thing an 11-0 drubbing will teach us, it's not to do it again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor show to goon it up at the end, a loss is a loss, take it and move on, don't risk suspensions to our guys.

However it won't be the first and certainly won't be the last time this happens in the league - look at Dundee Saturday after we drubbed them?

Finny

You know if we had just played out the last period without any reaction and lost 4-0 we'd have had fans moaning that we should have shown some aggression in the final period and sent out a message for the upcoming games!

mazza03

SteveKing said:
Wow. I knew immediately after the game on Sunday that this game was the perfect setup for a fall but never did I imagine this. I even spoke to Todd and some of the players about it on Sunday night. No excuse, though. That result is embarrassing and unacceptable.

Believe me...I understand the emotion of being disgusted and let down and yes - ESPECIALLY if you devoted the time and money to travel to this game. The feeling that the game meant more to you than it did to the players is appalling and extremely maddening so I get the comments about the team and the coach that a day later you might want to soften a touch.

About the only positive I can concoct here is that this should certainly snap them back down to earth and refocus them on the task at hand. This is a group that cares. They've shown it in spades all season. They care about each other and they care greatly for their fans. I guarantee you that they feel awful for the fans that witnessed that and if they don't, the two most competitive people I've met in Andrew and Todd will make it incredibly clear.

So let's stick with it and let's see how they respond this weekend. These boys have given us way too much good stuff to let this result dampen anything.

And for the record...being an owner definitely does not make you an expert...it just means that our seasons tickets cost a lot more!
Well said, I'm disappointed in the result but these things happen. Onward and upward.

E.D.S.

mazza03 said:
SteveKing said:

Well said, I'm disappointed in the result but these things happen. Onward and upward.
Couldn't agree more. Onwards.....

Have Hope#35

Devil94 said:
Ocko said:
Devil94 said:
3 suspensions on the way I reckon, 2 for Clarkson and Hudson and 1 for Hotham. Sounds strange, but preferred finishing like that while on the end of a drubbing than just closing out the game.
Why Clarkson? For a fight?

Hudson I didn't see.

Hotham gave someone a slash across the shin pads; is that really a ban?
Thomas was not a willing combatant and Clarkson is a repeat offender.

Hotham a two handed slash after a goal.

Didnt see Hudson either, but officials did. Spear after the final whistle.

If all three aren't banned i'll be astounded. But never know with DOPS.
Clarkson maybe but it never really came to anything... Hotham was exactly the same as Venus on Walton the other week and nothing came of that (maybe because Walton was a man about it and fought back as opposed to throwing himself on the ice like a pussy!) And Hudson left his stick up as Roy skated past but there was a serious amount of play acting by Roy (They showed a Replay of it after the game).
I would argue that the hit on Marsh from Sarich looked slightly high... It takes a lot to get Marsh that angry, agreeably the score wouldn't have helped!

Thomas has acted like a willing combatant all season, obviously has no balls when it comes to the crunch.

I think I may have been more angry with the performance if I had travelled up to watch, but hey it happens

We are the Red Army we win together and lose together

ASHIPP

Think a majority of us are realistic enough to accept that it is going to be extremely difficult to win all remaining league games this season bearing in mind the fatigue of the schedule and the oppoosition.

Losing is always disappointing but usually accepted. Whilst last night's result and lapse in discipline are shocking, I am more concerned about the effect that potential bans might have on the rest of our season and the 'emotional' fallout on our team mindset and focus

DevilDom

Finny said:
KaneDevils said:
Physiologically losing 11-0 is probably better than losing 1-0.
But that can work the other way too. Id prefer my team to never lose 11-0 again, let alone to the bloody Steelers. We should never lose by that margin to anyone.
"We"
I don't understand why you are still pretending to be a Devils fan when you so clearly are not. Unless you are some kind of sadist who enjoys losing more than a victory??!?!?
Spot on Finny - he only posts when we lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.