Devils @ Steelers - March 11th - 7:30 pm - Chat & Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASHIPP

Re: Devils @ Steelers - March 11th - 7:30 pm - Chat & Update

All the ejections and fighting is not Devils' style but we don't know exactly what has gone on up there.
Really shocked by the breakdown in discipline but there might be reasons. Steelers have achieved what they set out to do...win the game and provoke a reaction from the Devils.

Unfortunately it wasn't the sort of reaction anyone was expecting.

E.D.S.

Stuff your challenge cup. Means nothing. This is an absolute disgrace. Just left the arena. Appalling. I'm ready for all of the "yes but we won a cup nonsense". That is unacceptable. I spent money to watch that disgraceful display. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

Finny said:
Not unexpected unfortunately. How many times do you see the team that wins a big game get heavily beat by the same opposition soon after.
I doubt anyone on the planet expected this!! Lose yeah, but not like that.
Embarrassing aint the word.

:DWD

Andrew Lord (Naive) coach of the year?

Wow, just got in and seen the score, what the hell is going on? Even a hangover from Sunday shouldn't have made this score

E.D.S.

Coach of the year??? Amateurish. Unprofessional. Unacceptable.

Temme

E.D.S. said:
Stuff your challenge cup. Means nothing. This is an absolute disgrace. Just left the arena. Appalling. I'm ready for all of the "yes but we won a cup nonsense". That is unacceptable. I spent money to watch that disgraceful display. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Embarrassing.

LOL.

An early contender for post of the year right there.

I'm sure posts like this belong on Steeltalk with the fickle fans they have?

KaneDevils

The bloke has travelled up paid money to watch us be destroyed 11-o by a team we beat a few days ago, conceding 1.
Can hardly blame him!!

11-0 and ill discipline to that extent is a disgrace. No argument.

E.D.S.

What's fickle about it?? I'm not a better fan than you because I travelled. It gives me no greater right than you Temme but what I saw tonight was unacceptable. Unprofessional and poor! Anything else you wish to add other than "fickle". Since 1987 does not make me fickle.
I've seen all this Devils team had to offer.
Tonight was a new low!! An early contender for post of the year? Really?? May be our expectations are different. Don't expect to win every game but I expect commitment. That was appaling.

Devil94

3 suspensions on the way I reckon, 2 for Clarkson and Hudson and 1 for Hotham. Sounds strange, but preferred finishing like that while on the end of a drubbing than just closing out the game.

KaneDevils

Devil94 said:
3 suspensions on the way I reckon, 2 for Clarkson and Hudson and 1 for Hotham. Sounds strange, but preferred finishing like that while on the end of a drubbing than just closing out the game.
Yeah, get battered 11-0, rack up suspensions, and give up on the league . Genius that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Temme

E.D.S. said:
What's fickle about it?? I'm not a better fan than you because I travelled. It gives me no greater right than you Temme but what I saw tonight was unacceptable. Unprofessional and poor! Anything else you wish to add other than "fickle". Since 1987 does not make me fickle.
I've seen all this Devils team had to offer.
Tonight was a new low!! An early contender for post of the year? Really?? May be our expectations are different. Don't expect to win every game but I expect commitment. That was appaling.

In fact if you read my post it says 'fickle fans on steeltalk'
I don't attack the poster, only the post, and your post is ridiculous.

Can't comment on the commitment of the team, didn't watch this one for a change (and thank God I didnt...)

I just can't fathom the reasoning behind 'stuff your challenge cup', would you rather us lose Sunday and win today??

If the lads were totally embarrassing tonight and played disgracefully then that's one thing, and rightfully slate the performance as it will likely stop us winning the league. But 'stuff the cup' has no bearing on that, or is that just me?

Hopefully we can take points off Sheffield the remaining twice we play them to stop them winning the league.

Gospel

Sorry but that was unacceptable & an utter disgrace, unprofessional & whatever other rude comment you want to add.

We had the possibility of winning all our remaining league games to win the league but we roll over & get a right good arse kicking.

As good as it was to win the cup & celebrate maybe they should have waited until the end of the season!

Shouldnt we be thinking if winning the league instead stopping others from winning it?!

KaneDevils

I just can't fathom the reasoning behind 'stuff your challenge cup', would you rather us lose Sunday and win today??
Maybe he's ......... angry :idea:

Temme

Gospel said:
Shouldnt we be thinking if winning the league instead stopping others from winning it?!
Agreed, still possible, but Sheffield need to win their last 4 and they win it, we need to win all ours & rely on Braehead losing- which judging their run in looks unlikely!

I guess 1 game at a time is all we can take it.

A 1-0 loss is exactly the same as an 11-0 loss the morning after.

Hope they enjoy their bag skate tomorrow morning.

Ocko

Devil94 said:
Why Clarkson? For a fight?

Hudson I didn't see.

Hotham gave someone a slash across the shin pads; is that really a ban?

voth26

Ok to put things into perspective that was a god awful performance tonight for sure for what ever reason but to my thinking that is only the SECOND bad game of the 30 plus games we have played this season so far!!!, yes it might well have cost us the league/bans, but to see the certain people coming out of the woodwork and post their usual negative comments then im with finny and his comment about fickle fans!!. Lord has done well this season so for certain people to now start slating him after this game when they dont appear to have commented when things were running smooth is for me hypicritical.

E.D.S.

1-0 is the same as an 11-0. Can I put that forward as post of the year??

KaneDevils

voth26 said:
Ok to put things into perspective that was a god awful performance tonight for sure for what ever reason but to my thinking that is only the SECOND bad game of the 30 plus games we have played this season so far!!!, yes it might well have cost us the league/bans, but to see the certain people coming out of the woodwork and post their usual negative comments then im with finny and his comment about fickle fans!!. Lord has done well this season so for certain people to now start slating him after this game when they dont appear to have commented when things were running smooth is for me hypicritical.
Agreed, Fancy being negative after a 11-0 beating from your fierce rivals Whatever next.
And it wasn't Finny who mentioned fickle fans it was Temme.

We'd all be raging if it wasn't for Sunday! ;)
When you get kicked in the nuts you can't help but say OW!

Devil94

Ocko said:
Devil94 said:
Why Clarkson? For a fight?

Hudson I didn't see.

Hotham gave someone a slash across the shin pads; is that really a ban?
Thomas was not a willing combatant and Clarkson is a repeat offender.

Hotham a two handed slash after a goal.

Didnt see Hudson either, but officials did. Spear after the final whistle.

If all three aren't banned i'll be astounded. But never know with DOPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.