Devils @ Steelers - March 11th - 7:30 pm - Chat & Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocko

Re: Devils @ Steelers - March 11th - 7:30 pm - Chat & Update

E.D.S. said:
1-0 is the same as an 11-0. Can I put that forward as post of the year??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In a league where goal difference is almost completely irrelevant it's a very valid point.

KaneDevils

Ocko said:
E.D.S. said:

In a league where goal difference is almost completely irrelevant it's a very valid point.
A sports phycologist would probably disagree.

Finny

Getting hammered by the Steelers will obviously affect us. Just like it did when we lost 6-0 to them and then went on beat them 4-0 in the next game before going on to win the CC.

E.D.S.

Ocko said:
E.D.S. said:

Really?? I stand corrected. Having played professional sport for almost 7 years. Trust me 11-0 hurts a lot more than 1-0. It's not about a league table or goal difference. It's about standards and pride.

Ocko

KaneDevils said:
Ocko said:
E.D.S. said:

Yes they would. And they would tell you it's easier to bounce back from a defeat when you are more wounded. We didn't lose because we aren't as good, we've proved that already. We lost because we will ill prepared and didn't match their intensity. They were in the position tonight we will be on Sunday; humiliated and desperate to make a mark. All those things can be addressed and can be put right for Sunday.

The score would've probably not been so bad had we not pulled Bowns at 4-0 too.

Nrm

KaneDevils said:
Ocko said:
E.D.S. said:

Physiologically losing 11-0 is probably better than losing 1-0. When you get a kicking you can look back and think 'yeh we played sh*t don't do it again' but losing out by 1 or 2 is gutting because it was so close

Ocko

E.D.S. said:
Ocko said:
E.D.S. said:

Really?? I stand corrected. Having played professional sport for almost 7 years. Trust me 11-0 hurts a lot more than 1-0. It's not about a league table or goal difference. It's about standards and pride.

And if something hurts more are you more likely to be more determined to put it right?

backrow

I watched the post game interview and it was said that having to watch Cardiff celebrate on their own ice for over an hour, gave Sheffield even more motivation than they already had and it showed from the drop of the puck.

The lack of discipline will only hurt the Cardiff team not the Steelers. Those incidents could have been embellished somewhat but suspensions could really hurt the title run as well as the playoff matchup.

The post game party until midnight Sunday did not bother me as much as the travel back to Cardiff on Monday and then back to Sheffield on Wednesday did. The legs just weren't there tonight. That late aggressiveness, to be kind, was needed back in the first period when Sheffield outskated and outhit the Devils.

This one game we wish hadn't happened shouldn't negate all the great ones this season and hopefully it should be a valuable lesson for the team.

E.D.S.

Get off your backside and see what I saw. As I said in my post at the start... I'm no better fan than anyone else because I was there. I chose to travel. My choice. I have a right to an opinion like you do. My opinion is that the cup was fantastic. That performance was unacceptable and I have right to vent that. Do not mock my post as "post of the year" because of it. I have a right to vent off. Which happens to be in line with most of others.

E.D.S.

backrow said:
I watched the post game interview and it was said that having to watch Cardiff celebrate on their own ice for over an hour, gave Sheffield even more motivation than they already had and it showed from the drop of the puck.

The lack of discipline will only hurt the Cardiff team not the Steelers. Those incidents could have been embellished somewhat but suspensions could really hurt the title run as well as the playoff matchup.

The post game party until midnight Sunday did not bother me as much as the travel back to Cardiff on Monday and then back to Sheffield on Wednesday did. The legs just weren't there tonight. That late aggressiveness, to be kind, was needed back in the first period when Sheffield outskated and outhit the Devils.

This one game we wish hadn't happened shouldn't negate all the great ones this season and hopefully it should be a valuable lesson for the team.
Totally agree. Just emotions running high.

KaneDevils

Physiologically losing 11-0 is probably better than losing 1-0.
But that can work the other way too. Id prefer my team to never lose 11-0 again, let alone to the bloody Steelers. We should never lose by that margin to anyone.

voth26

KaneDevils said:
voth26 said:
Ok to put things into perspective that was a god awful performance tonight for sure for what ever reason but to my thinking that is only the SECOND bad game of the 30 plus games we have played this season so far!!!, yes it might well have cost us the league/bans, but to see the certain people coming out of the woodwork and post their usual negative comments then im with finny and his comment about fickle fans!!. Lord has done well this season so for certain people to now start slating him after this game when they dont appear to have commented when things were running smooth is for me hypicritical.
Agreed, Fancy being negative after a 11-0 beating from your fierce rivals Whatever next.
And it wasn't Finny who mentioned fickle fans it was Temme.

We'd all be raging if it wasn't for Sunday! ;)
When you get kicked in the nuts you can't help but say OW!
I stand corrected on Temme fair enough, as for your smart arse comment about being negative about a 11-0 beating then i will take that with a pinch of salt, please correct me if you will but i dont remember to many positive posts from you recently when things have been running nicely, but now the shit has hit the fan and hey presto here you are!!!

voth26

Devil94 said:
Ocko said:
Devil94 said:
3 suspensions on the way I reckon, 2 for Clarkson and Hudson and 1 for Hotham. Sounds strange, but preferred finishing like that while on the end of a drubbing than just closing out the game.
Why Clarkson? For a fight?

Hudson I didn't see.

Hotham gave someone a slash across the shin pads; is that really a ban?
Thomas was not a willing combatant and Clarkson is a repeat offender.

Hotham a two handed slash after a goal.

Didnt see Hudson either, but officials did. Spear after the final whistle.

If all three aren't banned i'll be astounded. But never know with DOPS.
How is clarkson a repeat offender? he hasnt been banned before for fighting!!

Temme

E.D.S. said:

Go ahead, that quote is direct from our owner.

"@mymets86: Sure we would love to win every game but that isn't possible. Doesn't matter if it's 11-0 or 1-0 a loss is a loss and we move on."

*facepalm*

Temme

if you offered me the cup on Sunday and an 11-0 loss on Wednesday I'd have bitten your entire arm off.

Finny

KaneDevils said:
Physiologically losing 11-0 is probably better than losing 1-0.
But that can work the other way too. Id prefer my team to never lose 11-0 again, let alone to the bloody Steelers. We should never lose by that margin to anyone.
"We"
I don't understand why you are still pretending to be a Devils fan when you so clearly are not. Unless you are some kind of sadist who enjoys losing more than a victory??!?!?

Finny

Temme said:
if you offered me the cup on Sunday and an 11-0 loss on Wednesday I'd have bitten your entire arm off.
Snap.

People remember trophies more than heavy losses. Unless of course you lose a final 12-1.

Sliput

And there was me thinking the fans had moved a little back into reality after the last couple of years or so and then BANG one crap result and straight back into meltdown !!

Yes its a rubbish result, yes its frustrating that the team seemed to have reacted badly but crap happens. Judge them on the reply on the ice rather than laying into them, especially after the great season we have been having.

I would prefer a 1-0 defeat to an 11-0...imo that scoreline wouldnt acceptable versus a top euro side..maybe it shows nauevity and lack of fitness/preparation..this league does throw up strange results though and if a teams intensity isnt there then anyone can get a hiding..even the CC winners..wait and see what the weekend brings though i admit it will be very difficult if you have a couple of suspensions particularly if you go a couple of goals down..

Status
Not open for further replies.