CDRA Open letter

Sorry to be picky Gazza272 but attendances were less than 400 when the protests took place then, your figures was the attendance before BP pulled us out of Superleague and didn't pay the players wages so the fans raised the money and travelled the country to whatever team the players were then playing for and paid them £500 each.
Then BP stood aside and PM took over and all was fine for a season but PM said we had to drop down a league and called the fans together to get their views on it, when it became apparent that the fans did not want to drop down a league PM quit and BP returned.
Hope that makes things clearer for you :)

mazza03

Finny said:
I don't understand this 'opposite sides' or claims the fanbase will be split.

The protest is outside. Fans not interested in attending will be able to walk in as normal. In fact, queues might be shorter and there will be more space in the bar before the game. I don't understand how it will affect their match night experience?

If the protest was happening inside then fair enough, I could understand the complaints. But to me it looks like every effort possible has been made to ensure those fans who don't want to protest are in no way affected?
I wont be outside, not because I don't want to be but because I can't make it, I wont be at the game either. I am a long standing ST holder, ex committee member of CDSL, the booster club, volunteer seller of 50/50 for a number of years and ex member of SORAC, I stop being all of those things because I wanted to just enjoy hockey, but the way that PR is treating us long standing ST fans is beyond belief, it's almost as if he thinks we don't have minds of our own.
I'm still unsure as to whether I will be renewing my ticket next year or not I'm waiting to see what transpires over the next few weeks. :cry:

Mazza, block 4 b20

Gazza272 said:
...But please don't run the risk of ruining something me and my family enjoy because you THINK your way is the best way.
Spot on.
Win or lose, I'll still be turning up in my red shirt at all games I can attend. I enjoy it... please don't ruin it for me and my family either.

Since no one who intends protesting seems willing to come forward with any facts to back up their intended actions, we (being those who don't care about the politics) are left with no option but to interpret the cascade of criptic posts.
My take on this therefore is that Paul Sullivan blatantly has personal issues with Ragan and should take this up with him directly. Everyone else I assume are protesting about our beloved team having a crap season and hope that something will be done about it.
If this is the case THIS IS SPORT!. Some seasons are good and some seasons are not so good. Get over it and support the team while we still have one!!!

my self and wife and daughter will be at the pantys match on thursday not joining any protests just hope it is not a washout game, but remember all it was the fans protest that got us the bbt when the council destroyed the wnic ,,,,,paul ragan the true hockey want a winning team ,a profit making team ,and remember first place is good ,second is nothing,,,,,also i do not know what the protest is about,,,but by gum we have lots of worse things happen in the past,,, after twenty six years supporting we know,,,, harry james cooper block 14 back row

DevilDom

TheStub said:
Treat fans and players with respect, and as a start you can show it by doing ???
The first step would be to acknowledge there are a significant number of fans (not a minority or militia) disgruntled with the actions of management. This would be a place to start for me.

aint ragan offered to chat with sullivan? dialogue is way to go at first then the numbers may be acknowledged
as someone else said it all smacks of a personal vendetta if sullivan aint talking and that is why i wont be outside tomorrow

Foxy

Scottman said:
Since no one who intends protesting seems willing to come forward with any facts to back up their intended actions, we (being those who don't care about the politics) are left with no option but to interpret the cascade of criptic posts.
My take on this therefore is that Paul Sullivan blatantly has personal issues with Ragan and should take this up with him directly. Everyone else I assume are protesting about our beloved team having a crap season and hope that something will be done about it.
If this is the case THIS IS SPORT!. Some seasons are good and some seasons are not so good. Get over it and support the team while we still have one!!!
This is now getting ridiculous. You all keep asking for reasons which have been given over about 4 or 5 different topics. Can i suggest you go back and read them..

I couldnt care less about Paul Sullivan he has his views i have mine as do many others We're not bloody sheep........

Marty said:
Gazza272 said:
...But please don't run the risk of ruining something me and my family enjoy because you THINK your way is the best way.
Spot on.
Win or lose, I'll still be turning up in my red shirt at all games I can attend. I enjoy it... please don't ruin it for me and my family either.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7956

potentially 80% of fans that have expressed an opinion wont be buying a season ticket next season. Season ticket holders are being turned off, while the poll does not ask why plenty have expressed an opinion. Now I could carry on and pretend everything is Rosie but I know it not as such I shall be one of the #DevilsOutside. I also intend to watch the game after the protest as I do for the remainder of the season. My hope is that the #DevilsOutside protest will be enough to get the management to recognise the extent of the problem and work together to save things before its to late. If the life blood of the club just walk away, it will take a long time to recover if it recovers at all. All sides are of the argument are in a very difficult position the protest for me is a last resort, so I will throw it out what are the alternative solutions when Mr Ragan repeatedly insults people, dismisses the discontent that has been caused and denies the amount of unrest?

Foxy

DevilDom said:
TheStub said:
Treat fans and players with respect, and as a start you can show it by doing ???
The first step would be to acknowledge there are a significant number of fans (not a minority or militia) disgruntled with the actions of management. This would be a place to start for me.
+1

Have Hope#35

Foxy said:
Scottman said:
This is now getting ridiculous. You all keep asking for reasons which have been given over about 4 or 5 different topics. Can i suggest you go back and read them..

I couldnt care less about Paul Sullivan he has his views i have mine as do many others We're not bloody sheep........
Read every post on this thread and I'd say you're definitely coming across as sheep... All jumping on the back of one mans protest! What a joke...

jimmy snels

Good interview by mr ragan. Not convinced brent is the amazing coach he's putting out there but he makes valid points on a number of fronts.
G organised fixtures & the cc game was dumped on us like it or lump it style. FACT.

Im actually ashamed I have to explain the frankly pathetic crap that is in the social media and echo/walesonline to people about all this.
Baaaaaaaaaa!!!

From the rumours over the weekend this is more about Paul Sullivan getting the boot for an over priced product and basically trying to rip the club off!
#shame on you

The rest I guess have just followed like sheep

The club is more financially stable than it has been for many years, please don't spoil it

Have Hope#35

Foxy said:
Scottman said:

And as you mention Foxy... We 'all' keep asking for reasons, can't all be wrong can we? I'm sure that even after the protest we'll 'all' be none the wiser!

I find it quite amazing how the antics of Brent Pope and Paul Ragan are being turned on Paul Sullivan and he is being used as some sort of figure head.

We are all capable of forming our own opinions, perhaps some people are just sick of the bull that comes out of Ragans mouth and the frankly childish PR and actions coming from this club.

KaneDevils

Trust no-one, believe nothing. It's all becoming laborious, and I for one have had a guts full.
I support the team, the name, screw everything else.
If people have issues, get them sorted. You won't achieve much by blabbing on a forum.

If your into politics become an MP.

mazza03

I do not and will not follow Paul, I am objecting for myself because of the way things have been mismanaged, I am old enough and ugly enough to make up my own mind and take offense that you are making me and countless others out to be following like sheep.