CDRA Open letter

Sheincar said:
http://www.cardiffdevilsredarmy.co.uk/news/open-letter.html

Is this not a little late in the day PLUS I thought the supporters group had been meant to be a go-between before it folded?
And as Ragan has publicly declared on Devils TV that it didn't matter how many people protested or disagreed with him he would continue, along with Pope to run the club in the same way. I think the boat on middle ground has already sailed.

The Supporters club do great work to support the team but at present they are not elected but hand picked by Ragan. This is currently being addressed and it is not the fault of the serving members that the Supporters club is in this position

James

Administrator
jodysstillagirlsname said:
The Supporters club do great work to support the team but at present they are not elected but hand picked by Ragan. This is currently being addressed and it is not the fault of the serving members that the Supporters club is in this position
That's absolutely not the case, I was there when volunteers were requested. It was also clearly stated at the time it was an interim solution till the positions could be voted on from the full membership.

I understood James that this was the main issue with the previous supporters club committee not agreeing to having people 'parachuted' on to the committee and this wasn't allowed within their rules EG You had to be a member of the club for a certain period before being allowed on to the committee

James

Administrator
I really don't want to drag all that up again as I know there is still ill feeling surrounding it but that was a request that was rightly refused and should never have been made. It wasn't the reason for a new supporters club

People are trying to help for the better of the club yet there are already people shooting it down....hands up who is bored of all this??

DevilDom

Its a nice thought and I applaud CDRA for it (if they were not put to it by PR) however I feel its a bit late in the day and as has been rightly pointed out PR has already stated he will continue to do things his way regardless of how many people protest so he has therefore already taken away any middle ground that previously existed.

Mooney#16

But what would people expect. He is being attacked on a personal level so he is digging his heals in as much as anyone else. The truth of the whole affair lies on the middle ground but when people feel they have gone to far and need to save face all manor of lunacies ensue. Both parties believe they are right. Until one gives ground it's a ticket to embarrassment for both. Lets be honest is in the grand scheme of life and death this is all just hot air and posturing. Get David Attenborough to do the narration for a Devils TV documentary looking at mating rituals of egotists. Fascinating.

jimmy snels

How has any of this effected a regular fan in anyway? Its only because people were given inside access and info this is even an issue. Sure we'd be bitching if our fav player was sacked or didn't like the lines put out in a loss etc. But some of the tripe brought up is ridiculous. I hope in future a clear line is drawn.

KaneDevils

Perhaps more to do with the fact cc are in the premiere league, that and were doing crap I the league. I sure more fans would attend if we were 2nd or 3rd.

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Sheincar said:
http://www.cardiffdevilsredarmy.co.uk/news/open-letter.html

Is this not a little late in the day PLUS I thought the supporters group had been meant to be a go-between before it folded?
And as Ragan has publicly declared on Devils TV that it didn't matter how many people protested or disagreed with him he would continue, along with Pope to run the club in the same way. I think the boat on middle ground has already sailed.

The first time I actually met Paul Ragan was early October. I'd joined the CDRA Committee in August. I feel insulted, but understand now how liars succeed in condemning the Devils to infighting.

What is YOUR agenda. Maybe an apology is somewhere on it.

DevilDom said:
Its a nice thought and I applaud CDRA for it (if they were not put to it by PR) however I feel its a bit late in the day and as has been rightly pointed out PR has already stated he will continue to do things his way regardless of how many people protest so he has therefore already taken away any middle ground that previously existed.
Paul Ragan didn't suggest the Open Letter. I did.

God, why do people keep making things up.

Drop by the sales desk and (with the OK of the CDRA Chair) you can examine the email conversations that brought this action about.

DevilDom

jayemm said:
DevilDom said:

Drop by the sales desk and (with the OK of the CDRA Chair) you can examine the email conversations that brought this action about.
Like I said - nice thought then. Who is making anything up?

You seem a bit touchy for a committee member. Surely you are used to debate and challenge?

If I knew who you were it would help, but no need to see emails I'll take your word for it.

jimmy snels

Finny said:
jimmy snels said:
How has any of this effected a regular fan in anyway?
The attendances over the last couple of months would suggest it has.
No we were playing rubbish, dump and chase tactics and loads of people now want to watch prem football. If anything will drive fans away it'll be not enjoying games not internal devils politics. Most fans dont even care!! They just want to watch games. THAT is worth remembering.

Jayemm- dont let facts get in the way of a good lie to suit the needs of their agendas! I for one appreciate the work you guys are doing :)

Sheincar

Thread starter #20
DevilDom said:
jayemm said:
DevilDom said:

Like I said - nice thought then. Who is making anything up?

You seem a bit touchy for a committee member. Surely you are used to debate and challenge?

If I knew who you were it would help, but no need to see emails I'll take your word for it.
Assuming it's the J M who deals with membership then stand by for the sarcasm. If it's not then I unreservedly apologise.