CDRA Open letter

Forgive me but im not familiar with the facts and history behind all this..my thoughts are than i can see the discontent throughout your forum and surely a first step of ptotesting outside is fine..it really should be enough them to take heid and act in some way...if they dont then move on to boycott..he will either pay attention or walk..im sure their are many interested parties to take your great team forward espec if moving to new rink..

Chris

Administrator
I've been through the last few pages and deleted the replies that weren't really adding anything to the debate, even if some of the replies were pretty funny :)

I've unlocked the thread so the debate can continue, but...
James said:
Wearing my moderator hat here, can we at least refrain from the baa'ing.

People are complaining that the protest is bad for the club, but the only message that have resorted to attacking other fans have come from those against the protest.

KaneDevils said:
Trust no-one, believe nothing. It's all becoming laborious, and I for one have had a guts full.
I support the team, the name, screw everything else.
If people have issues, get them sorted. You won't achieve much by blabbing on a forum.

If your into politics become an MP.
Its not politics, its concern for the future of the club, if it wasn't for fans getting involved protesting etc. There would have been no SORAC, No BBT and no new Arena on the horizon and hockey would have died in Cardiff in 2006 with the closure of the WNIR

In summary the club are happy to use the fans and the 'politics' when it suits their agenda but not when someone disagrees with them

KaneDevils said:
Jimmy snels asked a very good and valid question pages ago. It's not been answered.

We need more FACTS

Has been answered many times but here's two more FACTS for you.

Treatment of G by PR and Co !

Joe Myers finding out he had been dumped by turning up for training to find his chest protector being used by another guy !

Take your head out of the PR tripe and read the FACTS or do you think these people are liars and are making it all up :D

jodysstillagirlsname said:
KaneDevils said:
Trust no-one, believe nothing. It's all becoming laborious, and I for one have had a guts full.
If people have issues, get them sorted. You won't achieve much by blabbing on a forum.

Its not politics, its concern for the future of the club, if it wasn't for fans getting involved protesting etc. There would have been no SORAC, No BBT and no new Arena on the horizon and hockey would have died in Cardiff in 2006 with the closure of the WNIR

In summary the club are happy to use the fans and the 'politics' when it suits their agenda but not when someone disagrees with them

Well said Jody :RAWK

Have Hope#35

jodysstillagirlsname said:
KaneDevils said:

May find it comes full circle then!

I'm not against protesting, if there are clear and valid reasons for doing so. Although there are pages of voiced opinions, for me there still is nothing that I can see that would warrant jeopardising the future of the club in this way.
If I wanted to join this protest for example, what would I be protesting about, badly managed press releases? I don't think so!
At the end of the day, I just want to enjoy a game of hockey. Neither Paul Regan nor Brent Pope's actions mean that I cant continue to do that. The protest on the other hand............

Have Hope#35

Scottman said:
I'm not against protesting, if there are clear and valid reasons for doing so. Although there are pages of voiced opinions, for me there still is nothing that I can see that would warrant jeopardising the future of the club in this way.
If I wanted to join this protest for example, what would I be protesting about, badly managed press releases? I don't think so!
At the end of the day, I just want to enjoy a game of hockey. Neither Paul Regan nor Brent Pope's actions mean that I cant continue to do that. The protest on the other hand............
Hit the nail on the head... Don't think these so called fans appreciate what damage they're doing to the morale of fans with no allegiance either way!

Finny

Have Hope#35 said:
Scottman said:
Hit the nail on the head... Don't think these so called fans appreciate what damage they're doing to the morale of fans with no allegiance either way!
Why are you so anti-protest?
What harm do you think it will do?

I didn't see the point in the Bluebirds United protests, but I didn't complain about it. I just let them get on with it and enjoyed the quiet queues in pubs.

As I said, it's not so much anti protest as it is frustration at not being clear what it's about. There are repeats of G's treatment and Myers being let go and yet a) all of this is the business of the individual in question and the organization and b) The coach was sacked because of poor results ( I'm not privy to any other treatment) and it was explained that Myers has made way for up and coming youngsters to learn their trade.

Scottman said:
Here's one for all the anti protesting brigade
How is the protest on Thursday jeopardising the future of the club ?
I'd have thought that PR treating fans the way he has and making them feel that strongly that they have to protest and by the increase in fans not going to games anymore because of him is jeopardising the future of this once great, but now a joke, of a club.
Some people should look at the facts and stop keeping on about people to produce facts.

Fact: lowest attendance in the BBT history - 607 v's Fife challenge cup Q-final 2004 :RAWK

Scottman said:
As I said, it's not so much anti protest as it is frustration at not being clear what it's about. There are repeats of G's treatment and Myers being let go and yet a) all of this is the business of the individual in question and the organization and b) The coach was sacked because of poor results ( I'm not privy to any other treatment) and it was explained that Myers has made way for up and coming youngsters to learn their trade.
What about G being forced to retire one week then told to play the next ! Then being moved to another role all because Pr didn't want to pay him off on a contract that PR sanctioned. Seriously do you really believe that PR wanted to sack G at the end of last season ? If so why give him a cast iron new contract ?

As for Joe don't you think that it would have been professional for the club to have told him he was dumped before he got to the rink for training ?

WAKE UP !!!!!!!! :DWD

rogue123 said:
Scottman said:
Here's one for all the anti protesting brigade
How is the protest on Thursday jeopardising the future of the club ?
I'd have thought that PR treating fans the way he has and making them feel that strongly that they have to protest and by the increase in fans not going to games anymore because of him is jeopardising the future of this once great, but now a joke, of a club.
Some people should look at the facts and stop keeping on about people to produce facts.

Fact: lowest attendance in the BBT history - 607 v's Fife challenge cup Q-final 2004 :RAWK
And they may even beat that for CC Semi 2nd leg unless they put on some freebies or incentives

James

Administrator
Attendance is down. Partly due to being near the bottom of the table, but it's a fact. People standing outside protesting. Will that help attendance? If it's featured on the news or in the Echo, is that positive advertising? Will people who go for the first time and see a protest going on (assuming they don't think its a fag break or a pizza queue) think its a great sport to go watch?

My two pence which nobody ever takes any notice of because of the relationship between Jody and myself.

As Jimmy Snels has suggested, I went to watch hockey this year. My decision. For a good while, up until the fiasco that was Adams yoyo situation between ice and bench.

I felt I could no longer enjoy the home hockey and having my loyal supporter status being taken advantage of by the management.

I'll still be outside tomorrow at the rink. I think no less of anybody that chooses not to be, and no more of those who choose to be there. We all share the long term future of the Cardiff Devils as the main objective.

The current ATTITUDE of the management must change, not necessarily the management itself. Long has Cardiff been famous for attracting quality players due to it's scholarship prospects, and glowing references from former players. After the rumoured treatment of players and interference from the management, that reputation is slowly going to fade away.

I am all for European players and a blend of style, just make it of a quality that we pay for, for an entire season. Acquiring great talent only for them to be let go mid-season and the rug to be pulled under our feet leaves a horrible taste in the mouth and our value for money decreased immensely.
The Devils have brought us all together. Though our reasons and opinions may differ, we still share a common desire to make them a success. I'm making my opinion felt.

I am not an enemy of the club, but a fan who feels that the current attitude of the management towards players and fans such as myself can not go on.

See you outside. And hopefully inside in the near future..

Sean Phillips. Formerly Block 8, Row H, Seat 1. With the big noisy metal thing.

Sliput

I will also not be protesting tomorrow, mainly because I am firmly on the fence .

I genuinely hope the people who do protest get the answers they seek but do it for the right reasons.