2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #84
This is interesting. Quite small, but seems fiesty. Maybe a vez type player? With some of the other players being suggested it seems that we might have a team that won't be pushed around, but we'd better make sure we have a good penalty kill.
Guildford have found some very good players going down the University of Alberta route. Crooks, Reddick, Ferguson Rowley, Foster, Rachinski. If we have signed Sanford he could be a hidden gem

Devil94

SteveKing

How great is this to be talking about signings again??!!! Really looking forward to having Coach Skalde in Calgary starting this afternoon and really indoctrinating him into the Devils Way. He's built a dynamic team with much more youth in it than we've had in recent years. Definitely a group that has a chance to be like the 2014 team where young guys that hadn't been given the opportunity to shine became Devils legends. No question there is some risk attached to it but it will be so fun to see how it plays out.

jenks33

Thread starter #87
So if Mcnally and Sanford have signed then (and i appreciate it’s a big IF) it’s interesting to look at our potential forwards. Can we see all the players listed below being on the roster?

Haddad
Dixon
Sanford
Mcnally
Mosey
Ben Davies
Myers
Waller
Duggan
Batch

I’m not sure I can see all of those being with us. Even if we go with 13 forwards that leaves only 3 other forwards. I’m thinking it’s Mosey or Ben Davies, probably not both. What do we think?

Wannabe2

So tell us Steve when will the Calgary King-Dom be open to the Red Army, we hear how awesome these meets are, so when are we going to experience them.After all we are Family as Sister Sledge once said.

jenks33

Thread starter #89
How great is this to be talking about signings again??!!! Really looking forward to having Coach Skalde in Calgary starting this afternoon and really indoctrinating him into the Devils Way. He's built a dynamic team with much more youth in it than we've had in recent years. Definitely a group that has a chance to be like the 2014 team where young guys that hadn't been given the opportunity to shine became Devils legends. No question there is some risk attached to it but it will be so fun to see how it plays out.
Any clues Steve? Nobody likes surprises :)

Kevlar68

So tell us Steve when will the Calgary King-Dom be open to the Red Army, we hear how awesome these meets are, so when are we going to experience them.After all we are Family as Sister Sledge once said.
Well i'm all booked up for next years Calgary Stampede for 2 weeks, apartment in Downtown paid for 6th-20th July, just waiting on flights to be released and i'm ready to go.
Maybe i could be in background of the summit just looking in like the nosey oldies on Antiques roadshow.

moggy#9

The signings that intrigue me the most are our netminding duo - I hope one or both are announced on the weekend.
If Mac carruth signs I think he'll be amazing. As an interesting side to that if you look at Cole Sanford's Twitter follows he has both Dave and Jackson whistle. Now, that would be an impressive tandem in net particularly after Jackson's showing in the world championships.

SteveKing

I'm still scared of you Jenks so no clues today but it sounds like an "all new" list to be announced on Saturday. Looks like the weather is going to be good so should be a good time. I've even got the Mikkelsons joining us for the evening as well. That's why I wasn't able to invite Wannabe this year. We're full up!

Wannabe2

I'm still scared of you Jenks so no clues today but it sounds like an "all new" list to be announced on Saturday. Looks like the weather is going to be good so should be a good time. I've even got the Mikkelsons joining us for the evening as well. That's why I wasn't able to invite Wannabe this year. We're full up!
Okay Steve I can take a hint, but I can wait till next year, I will be a year older, and a year wiser, so can I make an early bird reservation mate, promise to be good, well up to 6pm after that it’s a pure lottery, like when you guys sang Deliah on the bus to Sheffield for that unforgettable final. Anyway when you guys decide to come home next (Wales that is ) the beers are on me. Might just be a little something else, but I’m keeping STUM about that one. Bit of Karma on that one buddy.

Devil94

So if Mcnally and Sanford have signed then (and i appreciate it’s a big IF) it’s interesting to look at our potential forwards. Can we see all the players listed below being on the roster?

Haddad
Dixon
Sanford
Mcnally
Mosey
Ben Davies
Myers
Waller
Duggan
Batch

I’m not sure I can see all of those being with us. Even if we go with 13 forwards that leaves only 3 other forwards. I’m thinking it’s Mosey or Ben Davies, probably not both. What do we think?
Using your rather successful method of social media activity for rumours, don't forget that Joshua Lammon also started following the Devils recently. Played with Matt Register last year. And would fit the youthful criteria Steve mentioned above.

moggy#9

Using your rather successful method of social media activity for rumours, don't forget that Joshua Lammon also started following the Devils recently. Played with Matt Register last year. And would fit the youthful criteria Steve mentioned above.
Lol, the first video I find of him is another fight video! Maybe we're looking up a big sponsorship deal on the penalty box. In all seriousness though, I like the idea of trying to lay down a new core of players. As I've said before, we need a succession plan.

jenks33

Thread starter #99
The only reason I didn’t mention Lammon was because he played with Register last year. I thought maybe him and Matt were good mates and that’s the reason he started following the devils on Instagram and Twitter.
As you said though he fits the criteria so it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up here. Still only 25.

If Mcnally, Carruth and Lammon do end up here it will feel strange to have so many yanks on the roster. How many Americans signed for us during Lordo’s reign? Blood, Kearney, I can’t think of many others off the top of my head. I know Mosey and Reddick were American born but i always classed them more as British and Canadian.

JC23

The only reason I didn’t mention Lammon was because he played with Register last year. I thought maybe him and Matt were good mates and that’s the reason he started following the devils on Instagram and Twitter.
As you said though he fits the criteria so it wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up here. Still only 25.

If Mcnally, Carruth and Lammon do end up here it will feel strange to have so many yanks on the roster. How many Americans signed for us during Lordo’s reign? Blood, Kearney, I can’t think of many others off the top of my head. I know Mosey and Reddick were American born but i always classed them more as British and Canadian.
Even though he wasn’t here long, Benny Blood