Recent content by matt1986

1. M

Devils @ Panthers - 19th December 2015 - Chat / Updates

Looking at the KO... Marsh Would be out for a minimum of a week if he has no symptoms from a concussion at all this week
  2. M

Devils v Capitals - 12/10 7:00PM - Updates & Chat

I actually thought the Devils played well tonight. I always felt like we should be winning. Their first goal was unfortunate, and another should never have been allowed - there was a blatantly missed holding call. On the other hand, I'm sure the ref blew the whistle just before Morisette netted...
  3. M

What's happening this season

With a definite concussion, you can be back playing contact sport again (rugby, hockey etc) within 7 days if you have no symptoms. If you have symptoms, then it takes as long as it takes for the symptoms to disappear (which is why it has to be assessed day to day). He is already facing shots in...
  4. M

Did I miss something? New signingS?

As the title reads... Latest statement from the CEO reports... “We’re in a good position in the league, and still in the Challenge Cup, with new player signings imminent" Are we expecting to sign more than one new player? Or is it a typo?
  5. M

Devils v Stars - 25/10 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Mediocre team? Is anyone else finding that difficult to judge? We have probably played teams within our conference more than the other teams have. The league is of a format where I'm struggling to see how we are doing relative to others (excluding Belfast) e.g. Sheffield have 17 points If we...
  6. M

Tendler fails Drug Test

The items on that list are there for a reason. Ultimately as a professional athlete, you and only you are responsible for anything substance that is found in your body. There are many websites for athletes and coaches where you can look up any brand product (british or foreign) and they will...
  7. M

Ben Davies Returns To Devils

Welcome back Ben. If Hill resigns, we will have the same Brits as last year, that is absolutely fine by me. We may not have a Tait or Clarke, but would you swap any of their british D for Mark Richardson? We competed in every competition last year, and with the reduction of import numbers I...
  8. M

2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

The Devils have always had a good reputation of our imports not going to other British clubs once they left us... Wasn't Sly the first one for a long while. With Finnerty possibly off to Steelers, this would worry me. Being club captain, he would probably know G's tactics inside out (possibly...
  9. M

Ice Hockey Journalists UK (IHJUK) announce annual awards

As much as I dislike Simms, I really don't think he was commenting on any of our players. I think it's obvious to most he was claiming that some people in the all star line up shouldn't have been there as opposed to some people (Steelers) who wernt in the list and should have been.
  10. M

Gerad - Coach of the Year?

I'm not too sure about simon. If someone gave me Manchester united to coach for a year and I won the league, would it be because I was the best coach in the country? How much coaching would I actually have to do when you have individuals and on-ice leaders who could steer the team in the right...
  11. M

Devils v Giants - 16/02 - 7:30pm - CC 2nd leg - Chat/Updates

The Giants made some dirty plays, but so did we. In the third (I think) when a shot went in on Murphy, a few guys crashed the net, Finnerty skated straight in and landed at least 3 punches on Murphy. I thought he was gone for that. He also had his stick between the legs (Of Welch I think) and as...
  12. M

Player Coaches

I've said it all season, we have true leaders this year. When we are struggling in a game, it is always the same people who do something special to drug us out of the slump. G has been a key part of this, as has finnerty, Michel and vother.
  13. M

5 man D

Correct me if i"m wrong, but I'm sure we havn't conceded a goal with 5 men on the ice for over 3 games now. Come on boys, stay out of the box, you know it makes sense. With everyone on the ice seeming to be contributing to points at the moment, and our low goals against average, these really are...
  14. M

Voth = banned?! - Video page #30 - Update page #40

Re: Voth banned for Panthers clash It's not that the Steelers hate Voth, it's not that the Steelers want a final against Panthers, it's the fact that they don't want a final against us. They're afraid of us now... and so they should be
  15. M

Clan v Devils - 03/12 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Should read some of the praise that Vother is getting over on the clan forum. I think one poster also say "I think we saw the champions play tonight". People are starting to take notice of us now, now comes the real test. How do we cope with the pressure