Devils @ Panthers - 19th December 2015 - Chat / Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

osh

phil PLT said:
phil PLT said:
phil PLT said:
Looks like the Panthers were more intent on getting revenge on Marsh than concentrating on the result :roll: Did Janssen contribute anything to the game after that?
Oh and please someone tell punchbag Farmer to give it up, as he ever won fight :DWD
Well done Devils great result :Banana
So over the moon I've posted it twice :lol:
3 times actually ;) but who cares, what a great result. Ok, we lost the individual battle with Marsh/Janssen... But who are the happier fans tonight ? I'd say the 2 points are more important , especially against our closest rivals, and better still, in their own backyard, let's do it again tomorrow guys.

august04

Devils have found some character and completely turned things around this past few weeks. Huge credit to them for that. One hell of a win tonight. Panthers fans have always been classless, was the same in their old rink too. Some absolutely vile comments on their forum but at least they satisfied their bloodlust. We took the 2 points. Hope Marsh is OK, looked a bad one. How fans can then boo a clearly seriously injured player off the ice, is truly beyond me. I hope we never stoop that low.

Devil94

Panthers fans will go on for ever about that fight, but who cares, all that's important is two points, and Tysons health.

Can't think of a bigger league win in a long time, could be a season changer.

Wannabe2

Have Hope#35 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Apparently Tyson is fine, a bit groggy after the tilt, but fine now.
Hope that's true... At least we have Smith to Ice if Tyson needs the night off tomorrow! Hope he's ok.
Confirmed he is fine. Think it was a ploy to give the lads that extra impetus to do it for there Captain.

pjj365

Wannabe2 said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Wannabe2 said:
Apparently Tyson is fine, a bit groggy after the tilt, but fine now.
Hope that's true... At least we have Smith to Ice if Tyson needs the night off tomorrow! Hope he's ok.
Confirmed he is fine. Think it was a ploy to give the lads that extra impetus to do it for there Captain.
But rumour has it he wrnt to A&E

august04

Marsh needs to be sat out for at least a week, maybe more. His health is more important and we have Smith to cover his absence. I'm sure after the problems suffered by Dan Lacosta, the Devils won't rush Marsh back until he's been medically cleared.

Foxy

Well the panthers fans got the fight they wanted and we get the 2 points............

Know which i would prefer.

Hope Marsh is ok but kudos to him for stepping upto the plate. It certainly seemed to spur the boys on..

Well done Devils. Could be crucial at the end of the season

and if the reports of beer being thrown at the red army travelling fans is true then i hope that the nottingham panthers take some action.... pathetic

What the "holier than thou" Panthers seem to be blissfully unaware of is that the biggest tilt that happened tonight is the one that happend to the League Table.

Tyson was knocked out, but in a clean fight. Janssen skated off when he had won and didn't carry on.

I hope this is done now.

august04

Cam Janssen is an extremely lucky man tonight. It's all well and good coming out with these cliches that frankly belong in the past. We all like a good scrap and most often they're nothing more than wrestling and grappling, but in all seriousness and reflecting on this incident, punches that connect like that can seriously injure and potentially end someone's life. It's a game for gods sake. Hockey has changed, it's about time the EIHL followed as dishing out that kind of 'justice' is just not acceptable anymore. He must be breathing a huge sigh of relief that he's not sat in a police cell, facing a manslaughter charge tonight. Possibly melodramatic but could have happened.

FTM

august04 said:
Cam Janssen is an extremely lucky man tonight. It's all well and good coming out with these cliches that frankly belong in the past. We all like a good scrap and most often they're nothing more than wrestling and grappling, but in all seriousness and reflecting on this incident, punches that connect like that can seriously injure and potentially end someone's life. It's a game for gods sake. Hockey has changed, it's about time the EIHL followed as dishing out that kind of 'justice' is just not acceptable anymore. He must be breathing a huge sigh of relief that he's not sat in a police cell, facing a manslaughter charge tonight. Possibly melodramatic but could have happened.

Seriously?

august04

FTM said:
august04 said:

Seriously?
Absolutely. Just one punch that connects like that can kill somebody. If you don't think that's possible, you're deluded.

Absolutely fantastic road win for the Devils tonight especially after losing Tyson early on. That could have swung the momentum in the Panthers favour but it galvanised the Devils even more.

I hope Tyson is ok, as always he steps up to the plate even when the odds might be against him. Got caught with a good shot plain and simple, those are the risks when you drop the gloves. It is a bit ironic that in hockey you get banned after a bad check but you can drop the gloves and knock someone out and sit for just 5 minutes, what's worse?

Curious interview with Janssen after the game. Theres obviously respect there but I do find it a bit hypocritical for him to be preaching about dirty hits given his history

Let's not allow that to overshadow a fantastic team effort. Hopefully we can back it up with another good performance tomorrow night. We've definitely got the momentum at the moment, let's hope it lasts a little longer

Andrew Lords Barmy Army!!!!!

Go Devils!!!!

What is with these people tonight, get over it guys, it was a fight, Tyson lost, we won the game, I don't think police cells and manslaughter charges come into it as it was a straight fight between 2 willing combatants under the rules of the game.......................

Actually I give up, I'm going to bed, 2 points again tomorrow please

Status
Not open for further replies.