Devils @ Panthers - 19th December 2015 - Chat / Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Devils make the trip to Notthingham on Saturday to take on the Panthers in a top of the table clash. Its always a big ask to come away with the win in the National Ice Center..

No web cast on offer here.. because its the Panthers and the owner is apparently worried no one would come to the game if they could watch in online.. or something.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

DevilDom

Just a warning to anyone looking to travel up for this one - tickets are selling fast and the panthers have opened up blocks 1 and 2 to home supporters leaving just block 3 for away fans (for the time being). It does however look like it may sell out so they may eventually open up this block to the home support too.

Hopefully is going to be a cracker so get your tickets sorted!

voth26

Booked mine, four of us travelling up for our first visit to panther land. Block 3 row L for us, hopefully we get a good view???

Devil_Abroad

Are you ok with heights? [emoji108] that's a good view - NIC is like the Millennium stadium - steep - but a great place to watch hockey - row A for us - want to try my slo-mo [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

kettdevil1 said:
L isn't that high actually.... A few rows above the staircase. Great view from there though[/quote

Thanks, I booked over the phone, told them we had a child with us, so they recommended these seats!!. hopefully be a great game and 2 points for us, this is potentially a 4 point game

ASHIPP

Loving the irony over on the Cage. Panthers' fans more concerned with Janssen seeking revenge onTyson rather than hoping for a crucial regulation win for their team.

They are quick to criticise Tyson for alleged dirty play yet are quite happy to see Janssen go out on Saturday night to wreak violent retribution! Hoping our Boys can play a disciplined, controlled road game and get the result they need in a difficult arena.

osh

ASHIPP said:
Loving the irony over on the Cage. Panthers' fans more concerned with Janssen seeking revenge onTyson rather than hoping for a crucial regulation win for their team.

They are quick to criticise Tyson for alleged dirty play yet are quite happy to see Janssen go out on Saturday night to wreak violent retribution! Hoping our Boys can play a disciplined, controlled road game and get the result they need in a difficult arena.
As much irony on this forum regarding Noble etc etc don't you think. There are a few Devils fans cranking things up unnecessarily as well on their website. Going to be tough on Saturday against a very good side if they play to their potential, but we can win if we play disciplined hockey and let them take the penalties. Jansen isn't the wrecking ball he was hyped up to be and there are a few of our guys than can go with him should it be required.

Wannabe2

To me Janssen only has one thing going for him in a fight, stamina, he ain't the toughest player in the league that's for sure, don't think he instills terror in our team one bit.

jimmy snels

Would marsh be bothered? He's bettered olson and lepine, didnt hesitate to dtop them with westgarth and has numerous much more regarded fighters on his card. In a way i kinda hope he tries to, i think marsh might be a tad tougher than the panthers are giving him credit for!

Devil94

If the Panthers want to goon it up, especially on Marsh, that's fine by me. I think it will suit us down to the ground, and if Neilson has half a brain he would know to instruct his players not to do this. As a team we are so much tougher than them. They only have Janssen (who Hendo has taken care of already this year), and Farmer (my mum could beat him).

A massive game. Would you take one point? Think I would. But revenge for the loss at the BBT would be very sweet.

ASHIPP

The Panthers have been beaten at the NIC...but by teams who play a disciplined intense game. Our Guys will need to minimise their penalties and make any pp opportunities count. They won against the Blaze on Sunday but interesting that they did not score in any of the pp situations in that game.

DevilDom

Would definitely take a point. Will be as always very tough in the NIC.

The key will be disciplined road hockey, especially with Darnell in charge. Nothing spectacular, just frustrate and that hit them on the break when they over commit or with any PP opportunities we get.

DevilDom said:
Would definitely take a point. Will be as always very tough in the NIC.

The key will be disciplined road hockey, especially with Darnell in charge. Nothing spectacular, just frustrate and that hit them on the break when they over commit or with any PP opportunities we get.
Speaking of Mr Darnell. There is an interesting video of him mic'd up during the Steelers v Giants game on the EIHL website. Worth a look.

Huge game this one. A win would really show where we are in terms of title contenders. Times like this I really wish Nottingham would do webcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.