2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

Skippy

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

noodlesboy said:
Just heard that birbraer has bought a house in Cardiff. Signs of a long term boom boom residence hopefully :)
Wasn't that like a year ago ?

Skippy

So farewell to the players is normally a good source for gossip and utter scuttlebutt..

Come on anyone hear anything ?

Messages I had suggest that the Smith Boys want another year as does Stu, after he worked out that we weren't booing his every play but Stuuing :)

Rempel16

James said:
That makes a huge amount more sense than him going to Cov especially if his agent is Simmsy as rumoured.
Agreed, particularly if Prudden is going to the Blaze also (as rumoured), he's very similar to Finnerty in his playing style.

ASHIPP

D21 said:
Finnerty to be player coach of Steelers, signed yesterday so I hear
Ashley Tait was being rumoured as a potential replacement if the Ben Simon thing fell through. After all, Ashley was Steelers' player/assistant coach last season.

E

eatsleepdream,hockey

I just got told today :
Finnerty player/coach steelers
Birbraer been offered contract at Nottingham
McRae wants to stay.... ;D

Shields is a big loss for us, probably the best British forward in the league (although he didnt have a great season this year). No doubt we had a fair whack of our budget spent on his wages, so perhaps we can grab another top end brit from around the league.

ASHIPP

Today's article in 'Echo' just adds momentum to the Finnerty link to the Steelers. One of our Devils' guys on Steeltalk suggests this could be announced later this week. Rumours suggest that Finner has been in talks for a little while. :?
He's been a fantastic Captain, a magnificent player and it will be gutting if he goes...but 'new challenge and all that', it's only natural.

However, several of our players are already Captain material - Kenton, Stu, Phil and Ritchie. ;)

The Devils have always had a good reputation of our imports not going to other British clubs once they left us... Wasn't Sly the first one for a long while. With Finnerty possibly off to Steelers, this would worry me. Being club captain, he would probably know G's tactics inside out (possibly more so than the rest of the team) and have a great chance at tackling them. I always thought this was how Richardson found it easy to take on Corey

TheStub

Re: Re: 2011/12 Rumours Thread - Absolute nonsense spotted!

matt1986 said:
The Devils have always had a good reputation of our imports not going to other British clubs once they left us... Wasn't Sly the first one for a long while. With Finnerty possibly off to Steelers, this would worry me. Being club captain, he would probably know G's tactics inside out (possibly more so than the rest of the team) and have a great chance at tackling them. I always thought this was how Richardson found it easy to take on Corey
I thought the reason Richardson was ahead of Corey was because they were his tactics. He was assistant coach with Panthers after all.

I wouldn't have thought the Captain would be more in the know over tactics than any other player. New squad so hopefully revised tactics.