Recent content by jayemm

1. jayemm

Selling tickets, is it right ?

I think you misunderstand what a "ticket" is. It's not property so you can not hold legal title. It is a "permission to enter" (an invitation of sorts) which can, should the issuer wish, be assigned to an individual and , if so, can not be re-assigned. Having said that, it's a matter for the...
  2. jayemm

MNL for 16/17 - Do we bother?

I don't think there's a Faraday cage issue, because I'm on 3 (Three) and there's no signal in the rink or outside until I near the main road. 3's signal was 4G in the BBT and is 4G as soon as I reach the road. The building may be an issue, but I think masts are more likely. Not that knowing helps!
  3. jayemm

Thursday's vote and ice hockey implications

Johnson. A public-school hoorah-Henry. But on the other hand, I'm totally done with all the pussy-footing political correctness that's everywhere these days. There was a time you could "say it as it is". At least BoJo provides equal opportunities insults to everyone. :D :D :D
  4. jayemm

Following the fall on world wide stock markets, factually, the UK is now the 6th largest economy, (Down 1 place). If Europe's economy was concatenated we'd be 7th. The pound is at a 40 year low. Inflation from monetary outcomes, not consumer spending. Economic outcome: recession and...
  5. jayemm

Unless, of course, your job depends on imported raw materials, which suddenly got more expensive, or the business is a high user of energy which is priced in US Dollars. And that's the short term. Longer term, some multi-nationals could move to an EU location. Of course, if you're working for...
  6. jayemm

Another issue is EU passports. All non-UK passport holders would require a work permit, unless the UK continues to allow free-movement (which seems unlikely given the rhetoric). I doubt "Hockey Player" would make it on to a points system for needed occupations!
  7. jayemm

Devils sign

You can please all of the fans some of the time You can please some of the fans all of the time But you'll never please all of the fans all of the time. Such is the reality of trying to be positive on the Inferno. :lol: :lol:
  8. jayemm

Devils join Alliance of European Hockey Clubs (EHC)

Don't know what will come of this (if anything), but it's so good to see the Devils' organisation becoming involved in widening the reach, influence and impact of hockey as an important European sport. Well done Todd and Owners on putting the Devils' in the mix. Forward looking attitudes show...
  9. jayemm

Matt Myers

Strengthening our Brit-pack with home grown talent. The bench is looking top class so far. And (hate to say it), thanks Panthers for putting people before benches.
  10. jayemm

Mega Monday - Season Ticket Holders Event

What a disappointment. Not about the things that were announced; all the returnees were welcome news; the Voth night and Ritchie testimonial great calendar additions. But the hype. What was that all about? I travelled about 10 minutes from home, met up with some friends and had a beer (which I...
  11. jayemm

Development of local players

Fascinated you like art-house movies. They're usually the place you find over opinionated lefties who have no grasp on the workings of the real world. Art for art's sake, sport for sport's sake. What a load of twoddle! Sport is not an art-form; it's a commercial entertainment. Crappy (yes, I...
  12. jayemm

Non British Numbers

Great analysis of the In/Out debate. More rational than every politician I've heard ranking on! The UK would take a minimum of 2 years, probably more, to exit the EU, so the work permit issue would be well down the track,Transitional arrangements would have be in place. The UK couldn't deport...
  13. jayemm

Development of local players

We could definitely use more GB players. But where will they come from? Hockey is a demanding sport, physically and mentally and needs to draw in the best athletes from the ranks of young kids wanting to emulate their heroes. At present, the very best athletes look to football, rugby, track &...
  14. jayemm

Views from Nottingham weekend

You're responsible for what you do. "He did it so I did too" is no excuse. If you're in a Devils' shirt you're seen by others as an example of what we are - a really bad example. So grow up or go away.
  15. jayemm

season tickets

I renewed in person and they used a spreadsheet to check you're not pilfering someone else's seat, so a call to the office, or maybe just put "can't remember - same again" on the form should give them enough information.