Thursday's vote and ice hockey implications

Devil_Abroad

WD59 said:
Sorry, I thought you meant they would try to punish us for leaving and as an example of to others not to do it. That, in my opinion would backfire if they did.

I don't think for a second we'll get around free movement like Leave suggested. It'll just be a Norway type of deal I suspect. As for a deal outside of the EU. Say if we were to leave the EU with no deal what so ever, we'd need to make up the gap in our finances etc elsewhere. I think it would be possible, but it's not going to happen over night. It'll take years.
Sure will, with 50% of our trade to make up

In the meantime, hold onto your hats as the markets will keep betting against us for years.

On the bright side, Murdoch will now be back in government..........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Electro

For Ocko the stability of the UK has an impact on Ice Hockey. The sport is niche, it's reliant on people spending their cash. It's not a staple and therefore when money becomes tight, fans are likely to watch.

So yup I'm afraid the current situation does affect the sport.

Electro

Our manufacturing industry is one of the best in the world, we make extremely high quality products through a range of industries.

The EU has restricted our growth in this sector, again it's not the current situation that is great, but the future without chains will l believe allow a massive change, one that was impossible under the EU.

WD59

Devil_Abroad said:
WD59 said:
Sorry, I thought you meant they would try to punish us for leaving and as an example of to others not to do it. That, in my opinion would backfire if they did.

I don't think for a second we'll get around free movement like Leave suggested. It'll just be a Norway type of deal I suspect. As for a deal outside of the EU. Say if we were to leave the EU with no deal what so ever, we'd need to make up the gap in our finances etc elsewhere. I think it would be possible, but it's not going to happen over night. It'll take years.
Sure will, with 50% of our trade to make up

In the meantime, hold onto your hats as the markets will keep betting against us for years.

On the bright side, Murdoch will now be back in government..........

Think it's more like 41% (sorry to be picky). We do have an advantage in all this though; article 50. Once it's triggered, we start pulling away from EU law while we negotiations fresh terms. Leaving will take 2 years and from the second we trigger A50, we can trade with other countries outside of the EU.

The plan should be to hold off A50 till we have deals lined up ready for when we trigger A50. To do this, the gov needs a team of negotiators and to set them out all over the world. Sajid Javid has reportedly already started talks with India and there's going to be a team of 300+ built over the course of A50 being triggered to setup new deals etc.

Electro

The Boris is about to hit the world with the same impact as a meteorite.

The glaring truth is that the more ones opposition complains, the more concerned they are. It's a pretty good indication of how well your doing, afterall, if the country was in such a poor state you would not need to be told, you'd be affected.

Mock Boris all you want, but he will leave a meeting with the attendees all wondering how and why did they all agree to his demands. He has that ability.

Underestimated, beware.

I'll give May one thing, she's put a lot of 'Leave' campaigners in direct fire of the transition of the UK coming out of the EU. If they screw it up, they're done for politically and in any sort of business career.

I wish I could share your optimism, but I simply do not trust this tory party nor do the new cabinet inspire me. We have Hunt staying in charge of the NHS after strikes, we have Boris who's insulted loads of countries and their leaders, we have the climate change department now scrapped, a fan of fracking in Leadsom now in charge of environmental issues and Truss who was part of the expenses scandal now doing two jobs in a field she's said negative things about.

Davis and Fox I feel are good appointments, but the issues they're tackling are so difficult and complex, it's going to be tough for them. The recent talks from May make me think if we can't get the deal we want, we won't leave the EU anyway.

This has got to be the biggest farce I've seen and it's just embarrassing.

WD59 said:
Think May will do good job and David Davis is a good appointment, but Johnson?

I'll wake up soon, right?
Johnson. A public-school hoorah-Henry. But on the other hand, I'm totally done with all the pussy-footing political correctness that's everywhere these days.

There was a time you could "say it as it is". At least BoJo provides equal opportunities insults to everyone. :D :D :D

Electro

Johnson is one of a few people within the new cabinet to come from private education. The majority of cabinet members are from state schools, including the Prime Minister and Education minister, a first for a long time. The rhetoric is going straight for Corbyn, a man who is critical of private education, yet surrounds himself both professionally in the people he employes, his communication advisor coming from the best private school in the country if not Europe and privately in his personal life. Don't be fooled by his appearance and ideology, he has as much in common with the working class as Cameron. Whilst many Dr disagree with Johnson, he has to run a huge organisation, if the NHS was a boat ,it could be argued has more leaks than the Titanic. It needs tough decisions to be made.

Devil_Abroad

Johnson can't be trusted. He stabbed his best friend in the back because he wanted his job and so dumped the country into the mess we are in today for personal gain. He's insulted most of the world and we now have to rely on him to build bridges. He's only in the job because the new PM understands fully that this country will have to have the same deal as we did before whilst we were in the EU but at full price with no rebates and no inward investment to impoverished areas such as Wales and the north of England - whom ironically voted out. Once that's established the press will be out for blood and the PM has all the Brexit MPs lined up to blame and sack. Politics is a dirty game and the very people they are supposed to serve always suffer in the end. However poorly Johnson has and will behave the man to blame will always be Cameron - he gambled his job and popularity believing his friend would support him or be cast out into the wilderness and then lost. He should never have forced the vote. That's his legacy as PM - regardless of all the stuff he talked about in his speech - he put himself before his country - great PMs put their country first.

Electro

Life is dirty. I'm not in politics, it's not exclusive to politics. I've seen and experienced many bad tactics to gain achievement in various so called professionals. Money is a great motivation, that's across-the-board, working class, communists, far right, far left, managers, waiting staff, bar staff, builders and my person favorite teachers. The only difference is politicians have the media to judge and condemn. Teachers who favour other teachers children at end of school awards, there only judged by parents. But that's another subject.

Boris has had his fair share of insults, who threw the first stone, who knows. But for a politician to publicly mock another, it's usually in retaliation. Maybe it shows he has a pair.

Bit worrying that you think the NHS needs drastic changes. The Torries are just doing what they always do to turn companies private; destroy it, then sell it off under the premise of its in 'better hands'.

The hilarious thing about all of this though, is the only party with no dirt or blood on them is the Lib Dems. The torries are having to change dramatically, Labours going to split, ukip and the greens are looking weak and the Lib Dems are just sitting their quietly getting new members.

Electro

Well you could wait 18 months on the NHS or 18 hours privately. I support a joint system.

Society needs to have everybody contributing, if their capable.

We have a section of society that has developed an ideology outside of this, the wealthfare state has financed them. They have not contributed, have no pension provision, live in social housing. All provisions that where intended to help people in need, it was never meant to become lifestyle choice.

I'd give the NHS to them.

Kinda going of topic now though.

I thought what May said yesterday was quite telling when it comes to Brexit. Seems to me like they're kicking it into the long grass for it to either not happen or the EU to change by the time it comes around.

David Davis has said he won't be busy as May wants this to be a decision made by all nations that make the UK and a plan on how before article 50 is triggered. The EU has even started saying the '28 countries' again in press releases.

Electro

The govt have a responsibility to act in the best interest of the UK. That is why we have a parliament. That is why the new leader has split mix of members. A govt of one opinion no matter what the consequences is no use to anybody.

No reduction in interest rates is a good indication of how markets are reacting.

The markets seem to be calming down a bit, but they'll probably go crazy again when article 50 is triggered. I think the idea is (if we do leave) is to build up the trade and services outside the EU to soften the blow for when A50 is triggered.

Electro

Good old Ian Dunt, always good for a genuine level headed criticism of politicians and their policies.

Not quite. He has a unique approach to political matters, he actually hates all politicians and politics. Whilst critical of politicians actions he ironically is making a very good living out of it.

I quote:

"The reason most MPs are so evidently psychologically damaged is that only someone who was psychologically damaged would ever consider doing the job. You lose all your privacy and you become an object of public ridicule and contempt. And for what? So that you can trundle through whichever voting lobby your party whip tells you to.

You're really not even particularly powerful. You just act according to the whims of your party, which really is just a brand. Neither of the two big parties can claim to have roots in British communities anymore. You're not fighting for what's right, because you're not even in control of their policies or in a position to predict what they'll be in a year's time. Are you a representative of the public? A delegate? Party voting fodder? No one knows. We've made a terrible pig's ear of it, constitutionally".