Who’s going tonight - Awards Night

jenks33

Register is a mix of Fournier and Strachan. He's a big body d man who l think is most comfortable at the back like Strachan but has the skill to come forward and make things happen like Forns. I for one would like to see Register return to see what he can do on a more sensible 22 man roster built with a budget that competes with Belfast and Sheffield.
He’s certainly built like a defensive Dman. I’m not convinced he is one though. Obviously he’s had to do a bit of everything as he seems to play 30 minutes a night. I still think he’s more of an offensive Dman at heart tho

Last edited:

Samael

He’s certainly built like a defensive Dman. I’m not convinced he is one though. Obviously he’s had to do a bit of everything as he seems to play 30 minutes a night. I still think he’s more of an offensive Dman at heart tho
Let's hope he is signed next season then and we see him play the sort of game you think he favours. This year l think he wasn't playing his usual game due to our short bench and some players not working out but I'd love to see him playing more of a Fournier/Hotham d role given his size and skill. I'd also like to see Batch playing defence too given the year he's had and how his game has matured.

Not sure what was said as l blocked the user in question some time ago, but you need to look at yourself before you start being critical of others. I've noticed you fly off the handle and start with personal insults if there is an opinion that differs to your own or you don't get your own way you act like a sullen teenager. To think you also said you'd calm it down in the thread posted by James about the running costs of the inferno. That hasn't happened though l see. As ever Wannabe, say one thing then do another eh? I'm not trying to back seat moderate, l'm just saying your conduct on here is questionable and has been for ages.
Well put and something I’ve been pointing out without the aplomb for a while.

Samael

How do you block an user?
That is a good idea for her!
Wannabe has answered this.

Blocking a user only goes so far though, it's only effective when you are signed in. If you are casually viewing the forum and not signed in you can still see posts from people you don't want to engage with.

People like that are a lost cause though, they are just here to disrupt and flame. l think if more people just stopped replying or engaging them at all they will get bored and slither away. Classic troll behaviour which I've seen a million times on other forums. You can't reason with them as they aren't reasonable so don't bother wasting time and energy on them which is what they want.

jenks33

Let's hope he is signed next season then and we see him play the sort of game you think he favours. This year l think he wasn't playing his usual game due to our short bench and some players not working out but I'd love to see him playing more of a Fournier/Hotham d role given his size and skill. I'd also like to see Batch playing defence too given the year he's had and how his game has matured.
Certainly hasn’t been fair on him and a couple of the other D man this season with the amount of minutes they’ve had to play.

BostonBart22

I hope the Devils have register back, the amount of effort he put in this season was phenomenal, just got on with it with no moaning, shame some of his effort didn't rub on some of the players blowing hot and cold all season.

kingmo19.1

She hasn’t posted since from what I can see - I hope she’s finally got the message!

I hope she doesn’t come back as she sucked the life out of this forum on multiple occasions.

Mazzoak

What about Brandt next year, voted Fan Favourite. Do we keep this guy or is his spot better taken by a player with better credentials, experience and skill. Certainly the guy that would be hard to release as he's a great personality, excellent team guy and dressing room bomb shell. If we are going full on next year to get us back to CHL can we keep him. I’d say yes absolutely as he sums up the physical style we here so much about in Cardiff, so I’m hoping he’s kept on and invested in, he could develop into a great Devil.......

What about Brandt next year, voted Fan Favourite. Do we keep this guy or is his spot better taken by a player with better credentials, experience and skill. Certainly the guy that would be hard to release as he's a great personality, excellent team guy and dressing room bomb shell. If we are going full on next year to get us back to CHL can we keep him. I’d say yes absolutely as he sums up the physical style we here so much about in Cardiff, so I’m hoping he’s kept on and invested in, he could develop into a great Devil.......
Love him but not good enough if we are going to challenge

kingmo19.1

Me for suggesting an alternative award along the lines of what the club wrote on Twitter, they wrote “Some Studs in Suits“ with a photo on Twitter. Some members here found my suggestion distasteful.
That’s just one aspect, coupled with your overbearing disruptive behaviour in just wanting to make the entire forum about you! Being purposely controversial (if that was your aim) has proved exceedingly boring and I’m surprised you were not removed previously! I think it’s fair to say that after months and months of this behaviour nobody on here really values your opinion any longer so rather than persist might be best to cut your losses and find something else to do that’s a bit more constructive!

moggy#9

Love him but not good enough if we are going to challenge
When assessing who stays and who goes we have to think of things in terms of where a player fits in the depth chart, how much they cost, the role they play and whether we could get someone better/cheaper to play that role. It's simply not possible to have a whole team of 30+ goal scorers. When the play offs are over I'll be posting my views.

rocketbob

When assessing who stays and who goes we have to think of things in terms of where a player fits in the depth chart, how much they cost, the role they play and whether we could get someone better/cheaper to play that role. It's simply not possible to have a whole team of 30+ goal scorers. When the play offs are over I'll be posting my views.
The other thing to think about is how having Mr Brandt may bring more people to go to games and thus increase our income and as a result our budget. I am not sure if this is a quantifiable amount but it may be worth thinking about when building a team. As mentioned, we aren't going to get a team of Joey Martin's/Martin level players on our budget (although one or two would be amazing).

Mazzoak

The other thing to think about is how having Mr Brandt may bring more people to go to games and thus increase our income and as a result our budget. I am not sure if this is a quantifiable amount but it may be worth thinking about when building a team. As mentioned, we aren't going to get a team of Joey Martin's/Martin level players on our budget (although one or two would be amazing).
Having won the fan favourite title, hopefully Todd and the owners are now more likely to keep him for that reason.

The_Stick_

In regards to Brandt, if the roster regulations are reverting back to the original ones, there’s no reason not to keep him on as a health scratch? If he would want that of course

Kevlar68

I think we need a few players like Brandt to look to the future.
He's 25, he gives his all when on the ice, he will improve the longer he's with us along with more ice time and until another team comes in for him I think he would be a great asset to the club.
We can't just go with experience and age we need a few players around Brandt's age who may even decide to have a long career with the Devils.
I'd re-sign him.

Rempel16

In regards to Brandt, if the roster regulations are reverting back to the original ones, there’s no reason not to keep him on as a health scratch? If he would want that of course
If the resister sizes revert to pre-covid then Brandt gets a spot on the 4th line, with a view to developing him to 3rd. There’s room without being a healthy scratch.