Who’s going tonight - Awards Night

Hockeymad

I’m surprised brandt had fan favourite player.

He’s been here less than half the season,

I thought everyone would have voted carruth?

jenks33

I’m surprised brandt had fan favourite player.

He’s been here less than half the season,

I thought everyone would have voted carruth?
Agreed. Great character but I’m not sure a guy that’s only played 27 games (4 points) should be winning fans favourite. To me that just speaks volumes about the lack of real affection that our fan base has for this roster.

Hockeymad

Best forward went to cox I personally thought Crandall should have had it but hey ho.

I hope we keep majority of our players but we need at lest 4/5 upgrades

jenks33

Best forward went to cox I personally thought Crandall should have had it but hey ho.

I hope we keep majority of our players but we need at lest 4/5 upgrades
I think we might see closer to 7 or 8 new guys to be honest. Particularly with a new coach. Contracts for next season will be interesting now though. Will Todd just want to get the majority of this roster signed up and say to the new coach “right there you go, work with this lot and you can bring in 4 or 5 new guys” or will he just get 10/11/12 guys signed up and let the new coach sign 8 to 10 players that he wants. Assuming that rosters are back to 20.

kingmo19.1

I think we might see closer to 7 or 8 new guys to be honest. Particularly with a new coach. Contracts for next season will be interesting now though. Will Todd just want to get the majority of this roster signed up and say to the new coach “right there you go, work with this lot and you can bring in 4 or 5 new guys” or will he just get 10/11/12 guys signed up and let the new coach sign 8 to 10 players that he wants. Assuming that rosters are back to 20.
I’d like to see a lot more than that if we’re going to be challenging!

We’re carrying far too many old players.

Also need to find a top end Brit who can put up some serious numbers. I like Waller, but his output is nowhere near Dowd or Conway and that’s what we need to at least match. A top end Brit is even more vital if the team goes with 2 import goalies again.

Big job for the incoming coach!

jenks33

Also need to find a top end Brit who can put up some serious numbers. I like Waller, but his output is nowhere near Dowd or Conway and that’s what we need to at least match. A top end Brit is even more vital if the team goes with 2 import goalies again.

Surprises me that some fans want the vast majority of this lot back. 14 points behind Belfast and it would have been more if it wasn’t for Carruth. We were way, way off being a title contender this season. At least 8 new guys for me, possibly more.

RedDevil17

Joey Lewis in with a shout? Done extremely well in the DEL2 and a welsh lad as well.

moggy#9

Surprises me that some fans want the vast majority of this lot back. 14 points behind Belfast and it would have been more if it wasn’t for Carruth. We were way, way off being a title contender this season. At least 8 new guys for me, possibly more.
In my experience a lot of fans get very attached to players for non hockey reasons. Two key questions are how replaceable they are and whether we're likely to be able to upgrade.

jenks33

In my experience a lot of fans get very attached to players for non hockey reasons. Two key questions are how replaceable they are and whether we're likely to be able to upgrade.
Yeah good point. I want to see us bring players back that are performing on the ice, not because they’re lovely to chat to in the bar after the game.

moggy#9

Yeah good point. I want to see us bring players back that are performing on the ice, not because they’re lovely to chat to in the bar after the game.
If the club has taken that stance we'd have kept Perry Olivier and Stefan ziche, rather than acquiring their rather successful replacements.

jenks33

If the club has taken that stance we'd have kept Perry Olivier and Stefan ziche, rather than acquiring their rather successful replacements.
Always had a soft spot for Steffen Ziesche. He scored two goals in my first game vs Newcastle back in 96, so I thought he was one of our better players. How wrong I was :)