Who’s going tonight - Awards Night

ASHIPP

Bearing in mind Mikkelson's injuries this season, it is feasible he might consider retirement. A shame because he had been a steadying, calm veteran presence on defence.

I would like to think Register will return. He is one of the best defencemen in the League this season. We are used to classy risk takers on our team (Andrew Hotham was an expert!) and Register balances that with stability, stick skills and reads the game so well. Like his predecessors (Hotham and Fournier) he has the ability and stamina to clock an insane amount of ice time.

Last edited:

Pembo

We should launch “The inferno awards” next season. Slightly edgier than the proper awards night: Best fight, Most polarising player, Penalty box king, Mr showboat, Most likely to spill the beans in the bar post game. Best/most extreme facial hair…. Good, old fashioned, proper awards.

Mazzoak

I guess not then, sorry, didn’t realise the readers would’ve been upset by a joke aimed at a few incidents over the years. Its been a joke at ladies night for yrs.

E.D.S.

Aaaaah man!! I was too late to read what was written. I’m gutted. I blooming love a Mazzoak post. Tell us more about Lanzarote instead…….

kingmo19.1

Ah here we go again! Why doesn’t it surprise me that YET ANOTHER THREAD has been taken over by troll of the century so the spotlight is all about Her !

Your really spoiling this forum with your pathetic behaviour so please **** *** forever !

Wannabe2

Thread starter #94
Ah here we go again! Why doesn’t it surprise me that YET ANOTHER THREAD has been taken over by troll of the century so the spotlight is all about Her !

Your really spoiling this forum with your pathetic behaviour so please **** *** forever !
I will second that.

Slartibartfast

Register and Fournier would be a great combo. Although Register did come forward more as the season progressed he is essentially a defensive defencemen and probably the best we have had (maybe with the exception of Ben Blood in his brief stay.)
Fournier is the best offensive defencemen we have had (with Hotham a close second). We had problems scoring at time during this season and when that happened in previous seasons you could always rely on Fournier to fill the gap.

jenks33

Register and Fournier would be a great combo. Although Register did come forward more as the season progressed he is essentially a defensive defencemen and probably the best we have had (maybe with the exception of Ben Blood in his brief stay.)
Fournier is the best offensive defencemen we have had (with Hotham a close second). We had problems scoring at time during this season and when that happened in previous seasons you could always rely on Fournier to fill the gap.
You think Register is a defensive defenceman? Really?! He really isn’t. I mean he’s had to do a bit of everything as he plays so many minutes but he’s more offensive than defensive. He’s scored 96 points in the last 2 seasons… Or do you mean Mikkelson? Now Tyson Strachan was a defensive defenceman and was bloody great at it.

moggy#9

I think it's very easy for people to get fixated on point production from defencemen, and who doesn't enjoy seeing a rush from a player liked fournier? There has to be a balance through, which is why we need big bodies who can clear the area in front of the net.

One off the things that has impressed me so much about Josh batch had been his ability to shut things down at the back, but still spot opportunities (and capitalise on them) when they appear. I'll hold my hands up and say that I wasn't sure about him switching to defence. I always thought his best role was as a defensive forward (particularly on the PK), but my goodness, he's proved me wrong.

Samael

You think Register is a defensive defenceman? Really?! He really isn’t. I mean he’s had to do a bit of everything as he plays so many minutes but he’s more offensive than defensive. He’s scored 96 points in the last 2 seasons… Or do you mean Mikkelson? Now Tyson Strachan was a defensive defenceman and was bloody great at it.
Register is a mix of Fournier and Strachan. He's a big body d man who l think is most comfortable at the back like Strachan but has the skill to come forward and make things happen like Forns. I for one would like to see Register return to see what he can do on a more sensible 22 man roster built with a budget that competes with Belfast and Sheffield.

Samael

Absolutely disgusting get rid of this idiot please.
Not sure what was said as l blocked the user in question some time ago, but you need to look at yourself before you start being critical of others. I've noticed you fly off the handle and start with personal insults if there is an opinion that differs to your own or you don't get your own way you act like a sullen teenager. To think you also said you'd calm it down in the thread posted by James about the running costs of the inferno. That hasn't happened though l see. As ever Wannabe, say one thing then do another eh? I'm not trying to back seat moderate, l'm just saying your conduct on here is questionable and has been for ages.