Thoughts on Bordy so far

Rob Batch

Pre-season we were all worried that we hadn't signed a renowned enforcer. When we learnt that Bordy had been signed we were all over the moon. Nothing has changed! He is a huge asset to this club!! Anyone who thinks we would be better off without him is deluded, end of story !!!

Johnnybravo1927

I was quick to write off Bordeleau a few weeks back as a 1 trick pony without a trick but the last few weeks I have changed my mind. against most teams his sheer presence has been enough to keep them clean and his checking has caused absolute carnage at times. Rosehill and Fitzgerald look to have got away with their antics but ultimately Fitzgeralds actions cost them the game and Rosehill was just a noise. I do think we will see Bordeleau drop the gloves a few times this season and wouldnt be shocked to see him go with Fitzy this weekend. Thats not an issue providing its necessary and advantageous to us. Bordy is a better hockey player than I was expecting and losing him for 5 minutes is a big loss to us at the moment

I would rather him beat the crap out of fitzy tbh and sit in box for 5 mins because fitzy took the piss last game.

We won't Miss bordy if he gets 5mins in box as he will only get one shift during that time anyways...

Electro

We won't Miss bordy if he gets 5mins in box as he will only get one shift during that time anyways...
Exactly, as has been said previously, he cannot be on the ice every shift, whilst he hits hard and anybody seeing him coming will likely shit a brick, it's easy for other teams to work around his ice time being stuck on the 4th.

We are winning games, but several have been us player poorly and the opposition worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

I would rather him beat the crap out of fitzy tbh and sit in box for 5 mins because fitzy took the piss last game.

You can not play the Steelers 4 on 5 they are too good for that, by all means beat the crap out of Fitzy, but you have to be clever and take him to the box with you. One of our games I reckon is going to kick off against Steelers, and when it does it's going to be a friggin war. We are certainly a tougher team than them, but we have to be smarter as well. It's cat and mouse at the moment, we need to make sure we hold the milk and the cheese, let them worry about us

Wannabe2

Exactly, as has been said previously, he cannot be on the ice every shift, whilst he hits hard and anybody seeing him coming will likely shit a brick, it's easy for other teams to work around his ice time being stuck on the 4th.

We are winning games, but several have been us player poorly and the opposition worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the sign of a good team, winning when you ain't playing well.

Of course he will take fitzy with him we all know fitzy loves a fight so I'm sure he won't back down..

The thing is because we are winning no one wants to see bordy fight etc.. but I guarantee if we were losing and sitting mid table and this was happening then everyone will be saying why isnt he fighting etc!! 100%

voth26

Think you will find Bordy plays quite a few shifts in a game including PK,

voth26

Of course he will take fitzy with him we all know fitzy loves a fight so I'm sure he won't back down..

The thing is because we are winning no one wants to see bordy fight etc.. but I guarantee if we were losing and sitting mid table and this was happening then everyone will be saying why isnt he fighting etc!! 100%
Well Fitzy backed down from mcgratton over the weekend and was made to look a knob by his team-mate desbien who no choiced mcgratton!!. Realistically apart from rosehill, mcgratton and fitzy who is Bordy going to fight?, these are the 4 toughest in the league and to be honest I cant really see Bordy and Mcgratton having a tilt judging by the way they chat at the end of a game clearly there is a big respect on both sides there. It would take a serious issue for these two to go I think

E.D.S.

I still can't get excited by this. I don't see the sense in him sitting on his ass in the box and us killing penalties. So what if he beats the hell out of Fitzy (he might lose as well you know) that's not going to stop Fitzy or any other enforcer doing what they do. Nobody is scared of any enforcer. It's what they do. They fight each other. When they are asked the question they'll go toe to toe with anyone.
Bordy can keep doing what he's doing for me. The opposition players will get a chance to relax when Bordy is off the ice in the box as they don't have to worry about being smashed or a massive stick coming their way with a poke check.
He was signed as an enforcer. Big difference to being signed to beat the crap out of everyone. He's doing a good job for me.
Take Vother. No one was scared of Vother fighting as he wasn't the best fighter by his own admission. People hated him on the ice throwing his body around. A pumped up Vother like a mental Craighead (i only saw that once) is frightening.
Keep it up Bordy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazza272

I still can't get excited by this. I don't see the sense in him sitting on his ass in the box and us killing penalties. So what if he beats the hell out of Fitzy (he might lose as well you know) that's not going to stop Fitzy or any other enforcer doing what they do. Nobody is scared of any enforcer. It's what they do. They fight each other. When they are asked the question they'll go toe to toe with anyone.
Bordy can keep doing what he's doing for me. The opposition players will get a chance to relax when Bordy is off the ice in the box as they don't have to worry about being smashed or a massive stick coming their way with a poke check.
He was signed as an enforcer. Big difference to being signed to beat the crap out of everyone. He's doing a good job for me.
Take Vother. No one was scared of Vother fighting as he wasn't the best fighter by his own admission. People hated him on the ice throwing his body around. A pumped up Vother like a mental Craighead (i only saw that once) is frightening.
Keep it up Bordy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this.

Bordy must be top of our turnover stats, the sheer number of looks over the shoulder from opposition players shows his worth.

Had a few discussions about Bordy recently. The way I see it is he is well known for his fight yes. However if he is making people turn the puck over without fighting or even connecting on hits then that's better than him racking up 300 PIM. It then puts doubt in people's minds that if he gets that close and doesn't hit them what would happen if he did?
Give me a huge body who causes turnovers and intimidates with his size and speed over a 3 digit goon any day.
Goals win games not caving peoples faces in.
Long may it continue [emoji1303][emoji970]