Thoughts on Bordy so far

Wannabe2

Also check this out, don't forget Steelers are saying how hard done by they are, these stats don't include this weekends games
Penalty Minutes in the EIHL
1. DESBIENS 78
2.McGRATTAN 67
3. ROSEHILL 59
4. FITZGERALD 46
So Steelers have 2 in the top 4 penalty takers, so hard done by and guess what our very own tough guy Bordeleau has 17, wonder who has the best deal.

ASHIPP

Bordeleau is joint 46th in penalties takers in the league, with all his other credentials how neat is that.
Bordy does not need to fight to demonstrate his value to our team. Intimidation factor is awesome and enables our skill forwards to play with confidence whilst he plays some pretty effective shut down hockey himself. Performs his role brilliantly.

A huge personality on and off the ice. He and his family seem to enjoy it here...hope that's a great sign for next season.

Devil_Abroad

Bordy does not need to fight to demonstrate his value to our team. Intimidation factor is awesome and enables our skill forwards to play with confidence whilst he plays some pretty effective shut down hockey himself. Performs his role brilliantly.

A huge personality on and off the ice. He and his family seem to enjoy it here...hope that's a great sign for next season.
I believe he mentioned that his family aren't here which must be really difficult for them.

I hope he settles and the ownership value his contribution so he can arrange for his family to join him here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electro

He and his family seem to enjoy it here...hope that's a great sign for next season.
Where did you get that piece of information from ?

The intimidation factor is not going to last forever and against our nearest rivals had no real effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Where did you get that piece of information from ?

The intimidation factor is not going to last forever and against our nearest rivals had no real effect.

Remind me what contributions Fitzgerald and McGrattan made to their teams in last week's games against the Devils.

Electro

Apart from the fact we won of course.....
Do you believe without Bordy we would have lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of him, l don't believe fighting should be in the sport. But it is and that particular game it was obviously a tactic to draw him out, which begs the question, it showed contempt, not using his skills, in my opinion they should have been used.

I believe the win was always on and would have been more convincing had it gone the other way, giving us the edge in future games. It's gonna been an interesting few weeks.

kettdevil1

Do you believe without Bordy we would have lost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of him, l don't believe fighting should be in the sport. But it is and that particular game it was obviously a tactic to draw him out, which begs the question, it showed contempt, not using his skills, in my opinion they should have been used.

I believe the win was always on and would have been more convincing had it gone the other way, giving us the edge in future games. It's gonna been an interesting few weeks.

At the risk of giving a cop out answer..... who knows? For me the team is a collective and I am never a fan of identifying players as we are not party to what they have been asked to do. The only conclusion I can give is that the tactics worked and Bordy was sort of the collective.

On another thread you mentioned moving him up the lines and I asked which line you would put him on. Any more thoughts on this?

Bordy has the easiest pay check of the devils, we are not being pushed around or bullied, we are top of the league

Would I like more action from him... yes of course

Do the devils need it... nah, we are doing just fine

Some fans don't know a well oiled machine when they see one

Electro

At the risk of giving a cop out answer..... who knows? For me the team is a collective and I am never a fan of identifying players as we are not party to what they have been asked to do. The only conclusion I can give is that the tactics worked and Bordy was sort of the collective.

On another thread you mentioned moving him up the lines and I asked which line you would put him on. Any more thoughts on this?
Fair enough.

I'm not watching hockey weekly and to be honest I'm not that into it to be able to give even a remotely accurate choice. But his work ethic, influence, presence and experience for me would justify moving up. As you've stated above l don't know what he is being asked to do, it may well be currently impossible due to his skill level not being up to it, maybe it's a tactical decision. He was openly unhappy with decision, my fear is its unmanageable, he'd easily be picked up by our rivals if he felt he isn't getting the experience he wants. I don't believe he is a total red mist goon, l believe he can get into the heads of others and force situations.

Devil_Abroad

Fair enough.

I'm not watching hockey weekly and to be honest I'm not that into it to be able to give even a remotely accurate choice. But his work ethic, influence, presence and experience for me would justify moving up. As you've stated above l don't know what he is being asked to do, it may well be currently impossible due to his skill level not being up to it, maybe it's a tactical decision. He was openly unhappy with decision, my fear is its unmanageable, he'd easily be picked up by our rivals if he felt he isn't getting the experience he wants. I don't believe he is a total red mist goon, l believe he can get into the heads of others and force situations.

Not sure how you can describe his play if you're not regularly watching hockey and not even interested?

Sounds to me like we have 19 players which justify moving up.

Seems pretty happy to me. Watched him over the weekend and he;s having a ball out there.

I neither understand nor follow your posts. No idea at all.

Sorry.

Electro

Not sure how you can describe his play if you're not regularly watching hockey and not even interested?

Sounds to me like we have 19 players which justify moving up.

Seems pretty happy to me. Watched him over the weekend and he;s having a ball out

I neither understand nor follow your posts. No idea at all.

Sorry.

Don't apologise. You have just as much right to your opinion as l.

You seem to be missing my point and taking it out of context. l comment on what I've watched and my lack of interest comment was concerning lines, I'm not interested in lines, how you form them etc etc and don't watch enough games to warrant me giving an example of a line that would suit certain players.

If your happy with the lines, fine.

I'm not placing my opinions here, for you or anybody else to change viewpoint. I'm simply a fan with an opinion.

I simply believe if your going to bring in players of his Calibre, skill and reputation you should use them. I don't believe trying to change a players skill set into one he may not be comfortable with is counter productive. I don't need to watch hockey to understand that concept.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

It's time to identify who Electro is?
for goodness sake. Who cares, really? If you disagree explain why, why does it matter if he was registered as chillee, Dave or bloody super ted. I personally agree with his lines comment. I love my team and adore the sport. Line chemistry? Not a Damn clue but I can still attempt an opinion, and so should he, without the silly accusations.