Thoughts on Bordy so far

august04

The point may be valid (or maybe not?!) but I think this should have been kept in house, rather than effectively calling Bordy out in an icetimetv interview.

mazza03

Bordy doesn't need to fight his presence is enough and why have him in the bin? He is no good there, IMHO he is a brilliant skater has good hand/eye coordination and can make space and pass the puck, I love what he is doing.

Kal

I think had Louis been on the ice instead of Richie or Bordy/Lordo instead of Myers/Haddad then things would have unfolded differently but as it happens it was dealt with on the bench. If anyone had come out after that and started anything i think it definitely would have gotten an instigator and put us on the PK, not a risk you really want to take at that point.

Temme

I myself from watching the games feel that Bordy is a little bit frustrated playing on the 4th line. With 4th line you get limited minutes, I feel he would be a lot better placed on the 3rd line to go out there nailing players to the boards and giving out clean open ice hits on a more regular basis. He clearly has a hockey brain, you wouldn't get in the NHL without one. So I think he should be given a chance of being moved up a line. At the end of the day if he isn't getting regular minutes and he gets more frustrated week by week then it will be difficult to keep him here next season. He is a real team player and loves nothing more than being on the ice. I think half the time when these things happen like the Hotham hit, he wasn't on the ice to retaliate to it, so there's not much more he can do. Give him more ice time and we can see more of what he has to offer. With his limited minutes at the moment, I feel he has a huge presence and is doing exactly what he was brought in to do.
Out of curiosity who would you drop to the fourth line?

I agree with you that Bordy could/should be moved up, but we have TOO MUCH TALENT to do it.

Martin/Mo/Douce
Asselin/Benti/Ulmer
Culli/Haddad/Brine
Bordy/CJ/Myers

Lord (Benched)

(these lines are not entirely accurate I get that...)

It is very difficult to move Bordy up where he seeing more ice time without dropping someone else down, however in those top 3 lines we have some serious firepower.

With the lines I've given (which again, are very wrong as they are ever changing) the first player I'd try to move up would be Myers, not Bordy!

ASHIPP

But someone did take action - Scott Hotham with a fantastic open ice hit on Rosehill later in the game. Think the lack of fighting was a good call - the Devils managed to extract penalties from Clan players as Braehead became more frustrated. Those chances helped our team to take advantage of the opposition at a time during the game when Braehead looked as if they could have equalised with the score at 3-2.

On the ice, these decisions on situations surely belong to the Coach. Think the coach and team saw the bigger picture here - to win the league they have to keeping winning games. Fighting results in a visit to the sinbin - and the danger of an aggressive situation getting out of control, and the threat of bans.

Think Lordo would prefer a fully fit and available roster to achieve their ultimate target this season. No doubt there will be a ramp up in aggression from our guys over the next few games, but hopefully, not at the cost of good results.

Temme

But someone did take action - Scott Hotham with a fantastic open ice hit on Rosehill later in the game. Think the lack of fighting was a good call - the Devils managed to extract penalties from Clan players as Braehead became more frustrated. Those chances helped our team to take advantage of the opposition at a time during the game when Braehead looked as if they could have equalised with the score at 3-2.

On the ice, these decisions on situations surely belong to the Coach. Think the coach and team saw the bigger picture here - to win the league they have to keeping winning games. Fighting results in a visit to the sinbin - and the danger of an aggressive situation getting out of control, and the threat of bans.

Think Lordo would prefer a fully fit and available roster to achieve their ultimate target this season. No doubt there will be a ramp up in aggression from our guys over the next few games, but hopefully, not at the cost of good results.
If you check the video Batch comes charging from behind net toward Rosehill as he is standing over Hotham but the zebra's got there first to stop anything.

Out of curiosity who would you drop to the fourth line?

I agree with you that Bordy could/should be moved up, but we have TOO MUCH TALENT to do it.

Martin/Mo/Douce
Asselin/Benti/Ulmer
Culli/Haddad/Brine
Bordy/CJ/Myers

Lord (Benched)

(these lines are not entirely accurate I get that...)

It is very difficult to move Bordy up where he seeing more ice time without dropping someone else down, however in those top 3 lines we have some serious firepower.

With the lines I've given (which again, are very wrong as they are ever changing) the first player I'd try to move up would be Myers, not Bordy!
I'm glad you asked that question as that is the very question I was thinking myself when I posted it. It's a good problem to have I guess, but equally very difficult when it comes to actually moving players up or down.

I myself find it very difficult to determine who you'd drop down the lines.
I get your point of moving up Myers as he is certainly more useful than being dropped on the 4th line.

Ocko

The point may be valid (or maybe not?!) but I think this should have been kept in house, rather than effectively calling Bordy out in an icetimetv interview.
I agree with you that it should've been kept in house, however I got the impression he was calling out Lord not Bordy.

I'd Lord gives him the nod he goes. No question. I just believe he was told not to. However, if indeed he has been told he's 'weapons free' and didn't step up then that is a bigger issue. Quite a major one actually as fundamentally he isn't doing what he was signed for. The intimidation that he brings will soon start to go if teams work out he isn't interested in dropping the gloves, and again you have to ask why. Is he injured? Is his heart in it? I don't know the answers but I really do hope it was Lord's call. Players like Hotham shouldn't be getting run over by Rosehill. Clearly he didn't get effected by the intimidation.

Wannabe2

I really believe Bordy will go anytime he can, and believe he loves fighting, you can't take the fight out of the man. He knows why he was signed and believes in his ability to do just that. Players like Bordy love the admiration and respect of there fans, he is being kept on reins of that I am sure, but the reasons seem to be paying off. When the time is right he will surely get the nod, and certainly won't disappoint, nothing would give me more pleasure than to see Lordo hand Noble his rump on a plate Saturday, and then Bordy beat the c--p out of Fitzgerald in the second period, and Desbiens in the third on Sunday. Now that would be HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Electro

If Bordy is kept on the fourth line, there must be a reason, I'm still on the injury train of thought. If he's kept there for the season and is not injured, l would be concerned for his intention next yr, assuming the management want to keep him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

I was begining to wonder about the number of hits Bordy was missing but having seen the incident when a player jumped into the net to escape him and then Plews face last night as Bordy came to check him I now look at ut differently

It is the opposition getting quickly out of the way and if not giving up the puck at least losing control. In Plews case loss of control may not have been just the puck!

Good valuable play

Wannabe2

I think Bordy is a huge plus for the Devils, the man can play, has a rocket of a shot, don't give a shit about anyone, is a huge team player, and has respect for his team mates and vice versa. Some of his moves are outrageous for such a big man, myself I would have him on a 5yr contract, certainly wouldn't want to play against him, our guys must feel 8 ft tall with this guy alongside them. Oh and one more thing, he ain't constantly in the bin for stupid penalties like his counterparts. Is Bordy the best out of the tough guys that are new to this country, the others don't even come close.

Ocko

I think the improvement in his play has been superb. His hockey ability is getting better every game.

He was always going to be very rusty; let's be honest he has hardly played the game properly for years. He was a goon in the NHL, nothing more. Now he's playing PK and getting more minutes per game than he has since junior hockey. He's also not fighting every game which means he isn't taking a shift with busted up knuckles and after being punched in he face. Bordy will get better and better as the season goes on.