Thoughts on Bordy so far

E.D.S.

He's been superb. Just Iove his attitude. His interview at the end of the final put it into perspective for me. It's easy to think that because he's been in the show he doesn't care but that was his first winners medal in hockey. The bloke was chuffed to bits. The bloke cares. He cares massively and his performances once he settled in have been key for us. See the sheffield player fall over against the boards as he knew Bordy was circling at pace and looking to create havoc, Lord skated in and we had a turnover in the Steelers end zone. That for me is what Bordy brings in one 5 second clip. Oh and he scores a few too. Top lad, great asset for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

I've lost count of the amount of times Bordy has caused turnovers by Dmen coughing up the puck, either by crunching them against the boards or just by shaping up to throw a big check and to then watch them panic and lose control or just play it to no-one instead of getting planted. I think we would like to see Bordy go but at the moment he doesn't need to, dont forget he went with Keefe recently and battered him

voth26

Sign him up for next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would have Bordy back next yr for sure, I think there will be a host of new players in the league next year and if he's back then it could be a different type of season maybe he would have to step up more and fight? don't think it will bother him at all if that's the case tho. I get the feeling that all the guys like it here how many stay is hard to call

Devil_Abroad

Todd likes to upgrade each year maybe 3 or 4 doesn't he? Not sure who you'd choose to replace from this year's squad. I would find it very hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

matbur

Bordy has been just great and I love the impact his presence has out on the ice and he seems an honest, committed pro judging by his interviews etc.

I'd love him to stay but I just have a hunch he won't want to spend another year away from his family. This is just my opinion and I'm not trying to spark a rumour.

I'd be made up if he's on next year's roster! Proud he's a Devil!

ASHIPP

Am sure his home town in Laval, Quebec Province is setting up the Rockets as a new AHL feeder team for the Canadiens.
What a fantastic gig that would be for Bordy to be offered a contract there. .....and it's a real possibility. Hometown Boy and well-known player.

If it happened I would be delighted for him and his family. Always sad to face the possibilty of losing a fan favorite but it's sport and human nature to chase good opportunities.

JC23

Am sure his home town in Laval, Quebec Province is setting up the Rockets as a new AHL feeder team for the Canadiens.
What a fantastic gig that would be for Bordy to be offered a contract there. .....and it's a real possibility. Hometown Boy and well-known player.

If it happened I would be delighted for him and his family. Always sad to face the possibilty of losing a fan favorite but it's sport and human nature to chase good opportunities.
He has been quoted in a French interview as saying if he gets an offer from there, he couldn't turn it down.

RedDevil17

I would happily have Bordy back next year. He provides the fear factor into the opposition whenever he's on the ice. If he's thinking about the AHL, you have to ask the question is he really good enough to play in the AHL? As shown in ice guardians the role of the enforcer is dying out. His point production over here is great considering how much ice time he gets but would he last in the AHL nowadays?

He's been superb. Just Iove his attitude. His interview at the end of the final put it into perspective for me. It's easy to think that because he's been in the show he doesn't care but that was his first winners medal in hockey. The bloke was chuffed to bits. The bloke cares. He cares massively and his performances once he settled in have been key for us. See the sheffield player fall over against the boards as he knew Bordy was circling at pace and looking to create havoc, Lord skated in and we had a turnover in the Steelers end zone. That for me is what Bordy brings in one 5 second clip. Oh and he scores a few too. Top lad, great asset for us.

Have you got a link to the interview? Had a look on the EIHL sound cloud and Ice Times youtube page but can't find anything

E.D.S.

Have you got a link to the interview? Had a look on the EIHL sound cloud and Ice Times youtube page but can't find anything
Sorry Devils14 I just watched it live after the game from the Webcast. May be Aled can upload it if he hasn't already. It was on the ice with Mr Donovan.

d20

Anyone got the link of bordy being interviewed after the final ,havent seen it

Bordy is a total character, and I have to admit that he really won me over in that Coventry game! i'd be gutted to lose him but I think it will be inevitable. One of the main reasons he came here was to spend more time with his family, and once his wifes visa got refused that obviously made things much more difficult. No one could begrudge the guy an opportunity in his hometown if it came up, although I would be gutted! I feel as though he's showed us what he's all about, and we've been lucky to have him here. If we win everything this year I think a couple of players could move on/retire so I don't think we will have to worry about not bringing people back to make room for upgrades etc.

That being said, we do treat our players like gold, so you never really know...