The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

TheStub

I'm looking forward to tonights game - but the earliest I'll get to see it is tomorrow after work. The joy of the torrent delay :lol: Need to avoid this thread and the scores until I get to see it :(

I've not been keeping up as well since I've been back in work. Need to get some of the On The Fly's down.

I'm just hoping that we can overcome the Canes tonight, but I can really see this series going to 7. It has been a thriller - Canes and Devils are a bit too well matched. All the games have been close this season.

TheStub said:
I'm looking forward to tonights game - but the earliest I'll get to see it is tomorrow after work. The joy of the torrent delay :lol: Need to avoid this thread and the scores until I get to see it :(

I've not been keeping up as well since I've been back in work. Need to get some of the On The Fly's down.

I'm just hoping that we can overcome the Canes tonight, but I can really see this series going to 7. It has been a thriller - Canes and Devils are a bit too well matched. All the games have been close this season.
bar the 1st game of a 4-1 Devils Victory lol but i think this will also go to 7 games,

i made the mistake of going yet again to sky sports news and it had all the NHL scores from last night, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

TheStub

I'm a bugger for forgetting, and 'just checking a thread' or a site. Spoils it then :lol:

Just hope the Devils can make it. Win tonight, and we have it :D I think if Devils hit the Canes hard, we can push them on the back skate, and make them backcheck - it is ours. They gifted us Game 1, but I think we gifted them Game 4 - we only played 25 minutes. We were lucky to come back from 3-0 down. 0.2 seconds remaining is a record that will stand for years I think.

Canes are dangerous going forwards on the rush, so we need to forecheck like made.

To be honest, more matches like Game 5 and I'm happy. That was a cracker :D

TheStub

Ok... Devils... Game 6... what the hell?!?!?

4-0...

The Canes look really good at home, but seem half the team on the road. Perhaps it is the home crowd, or the pressure of needing to get the game back. But, Game 7 in New Jersey - this should be a cracker. This has been one hell of a series!

TheStub said:
Ok... Devils... Game 6... what the hell?!?!?

4-0...

The Canes look really good at home, but seem half the team on the road. Perhaps it is the home crowd, or the pressure of needing to get the game back. But, Game 7 in New Jersey - this should be a cracker. This has been one hell of a series!
u just watched it myself and what a game for the Canes, Devils did not really look threatening, Staal was on it tonigt as was Whitney and game 7 will be awsome,

best series by far in the playoffs,

TheStub

Everything is just so even. Home wins, shots, goals, power play percentage, shutouts, overtime wins. It is just too close to call.

I think if Game 7 was Canes at home, it would be the Canes to loose. They have looked much better on home ice.

But, we are playing at the Rock - so I think the Devils can just do it. One goal game though - and I wouldn't put any money on it either way.

Canes looked hot in Game 6 (something to prove after being shut out in Game 5?). We never got a forecheck going, the Canes were everywhere. It was proper all out hockey. They closed us down completely - we only managed 25 shots the whole game. Still think if we would have scored it may have been more of a match - Game 4 changed totally after the first Devils goal, shut the crowd up and swing the confidence. They learned, and we just didn't get back into it.

The Staal line was on fire - but the best thing in this series has been the scoring has mostly been coming from the lower lines on both teams.

Bring on Game 7 :D

So ducks beat Sharks by 4-1 to take series 4-2
Falmes lost 4-1 also to lose series 4-2

So Detroit play the Ducks and and Blackhawkes play Vancouver

Just Devils v Canes and Washington V Rangers tonight to determie who will play who

TheStub

So far, the East has been much more competative than the West.

Just 2 game 7s to go to put the Caps and Devils through :lol:

Caps need to tighten up if they really want to be a playoff winning team. They rely on their scoring far too much.

Thread starter #329
Cookies_naughtyboy said:

Just Devils v Canes and Washington V Rangers tonight to determie who will play who
I wonder if this spells the end for Jumbo Joe's stay in San Jose. They need play-off results desperately and I don't think Thornton coasting round the ice in the play-offs helps.

Iceraider said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:

I wonder if this spells the end for Jumbo Joe's stay in San Jose. They need play-off results desperately and I don't think Thornton coasting round the ice in the play-offs helps.
he did sort of fight Getzlaf but thats all he did, maybe LA might aquire about him as they apprently were after LeCaviler,

Maybe a swap with Montreal with the free agents they will have if they were not signed. Koivu, Kovalev, Komiserak,

So canes won it 4-3 in game 7, they scored twice in the final 80 seconds wo win it,

so Canes get Bruins

Caps beat Rangers 2-1 so they get the pens, 3-1 down to come and win the series. they will be on a high,

Eastern:

Bruins V Canes,
Capitals V Penguins

Western:

Red Wings V Ducks
Vancouver V Chicargo

im expecting Bruins v Caps Eastern Final,
Red Wings V Vanouver Western Final

TheStub

Just seen the Canes Devils game.

That has to have been the series of the opening round, if not the whole play offs this year. So even through all 7 games. The stats are almost identical. Devil just slipped for that final 2 minutes, after holding onto that one goal lead through all those penalty kills.

My heart is racing. :lol:

So - now I guess I'm a Bruin. I think they may do it this year. They have the depth, and discipline. Thomas can steel games, but the rest of the team can hold up the opposition without much bother.

Would like to see the Caps do something too. They are such an aggressive style, it is always good to watch. Don't think they will do it though, Bruins are looking too strong IMHO.

Mind you, anything can happen in the playoffs. The way the Canes have been playing, I wouldn't put it past them to cause a real stir.

This thread has seemed to have died over the past 2 weeks, which is suprising considering the amazing games we have seen in the playoffs.

It currently stands at :-

Hurricanes 3 - Bruins 1 (Canes could take the series tonight in Boston)
Penguins 3 - Capitals 2

Red Wings 2 - Ducks 2
Blackhawks 3 - Canucks 2

Certainly a shock performance by the canes. After the briuns took game 1 so convincingly 4 -1, the canes bounced back to win game 2 3-0, then game 3, 3-2 in OT and game 4, 4-1. Tonights cruical game for the bruins is do or die. As a canes fan, would love to see them win tonight and make it to the conference finals against Capitals or Penguins, again which for the Capitals is a crucial game tomorrow night.

Just remind everyone that it is a crunch game tonight for the Pens and for the Caps, so lets see who comes out tops in this series.
For me it will be the Pens as Sid and Geno will shine tonight for them, but also the whole team will work together to beat Ovie and his team.

Thread starter #336
Well what a result! Must say I was expecting the Caps to have the edge with home ice advantage. Two goals in 8 seconds is just ridiculous though! Crosby was awesome again and has been the best player in the play-offs so far IMO. Semin has floated through the play-offs and I bet he is beginning to regret his comments about Sid

TheStub

Just (I know I know) seen the match. That was a total demolition job. Couldn't help feeling sorry for Ovechkin - he was the only Cap working, the rest had stayed at home.

But, 6-2 is just silly. If not for the big O, it would probably have been 6-0 or worse.

Got the Bruins game waiting to be watched. But, well done Canes. It is going to be an amazing set of conference finals.

I hope the Blackhawks can turn over the Wings. I have a soft spot for the Hawks, and it is nice to see a young team prove itself.

Mind you, so far every team I have supported has gone out. So, Hawks are going down now :lol:

TheStub

That game 7 between Bruins and Canes is what playoff hockey is all about. It could have gone either way, and that breaking Canes play to win it in OT was just one of many chances for both teams in that period.

Looking forward to the conference finals. Clare is going to be upset, but I think I may have to watch all the games from both finals :lol:

The Pens/Canes game should be ace. Both so attacking.

TheStub said:
That game 7 between Bruins and Canes is what playoff hockey is all about. It could have gone either way, and that breaking Canes play to win it in OT was just one of many chances for both teams in that period.

Looking forward to the conference finals. Clare is going to be upset, but I think I may have to watch all the games from both finals :lol:

The Pens/Canes game should be ace. Both so attacking.
I think Canes will go on to win it now with Detroit as the other finalist, Carolina have played awsome over the first 2 seires and Staal has been outstanding,

Chicargo are to young to win the cup just like pens were last year, never been there and just lacked it in the final, i wont rule them out completly but i dont think they have it this year,

Pens V Canes to go 7 games

TheStub

Yeah, the canes look dangerous. They just seem to be able to pull it out of the bag. They don't dominate, but manage to find those important goals.

But they seem to need that initial spanking to get them rolling. Pens will win the first by a country mile and then the Canes will come back and win it over 7, probably by one goal in game 7.

Not sure about the Hawks. They have a been a bit hit and miss this playoffs. If they can gel, then I think they can take Detroit over 7.

A Hawks Canes final, or even Hawks Pens, would be entertaining. I like very attacking style Hawks play - with a guy always hanging ready to break.

Shaping up to be a good final.