The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

TheStub

Having no stake in the West really (if anything, I am a Preds fan) - I would like to see Hawks in the final.

A Hawks Canes final would be nice.

Thread starter #343
A Hawks Pens final would be a great spectacle of run and gun hockey, same with the 'Canes / Hawks. But I really can't see further than Detroit at the moment they are by far the best two way team left. They had their goalie crisis out of the way early again this year and it's back to business again for them this year. That being said I'd still love the Pens to beat them in the final just to prove to Hossa that he made the wrong decision.

TheStub

Got the game ready to watch :D

And - my team is New Jersey, but in the West I like watching the Preds. Something about the logo :lol:

I don't think Canes or Pens know how to back check ;)

TheStub

Well we are three games into the final, and so far it isn't disappointing. The Pens seemed to be struggling to find the net, but they have fixed that at home. So 2-1 Redwings so far - all to play for.

Who thinks it will go to seven? I am not too sure myself, Redwings are looking a little too good - but as the Pens have shown many times this season, you can't count them out.

Currently churning out DVDs for Saturday's gathering - got games 2 and 3 ready burned. May add the Conference Finals concluding games, the last four "On The Fly's" plus some more goodies. It is cheap to do, and I need to make sure no-one runs out of hockey action :D

so, as expected the islanders drafted tavares. But arguebly the biggest news was the fact we traded 2 1st round picks, joffrey lupul and luca sbisa for chris pronger wich im totally stoked about!
With hatcher having to retire pronger is a huge addition. No dount he will fit in perfectly with his great hitting and intimadating presence. :twisted:

MikeRichards18 said:
so, as expected the islanders drafted tavares. But arguebly the biggest news was the fact we traded 2 1st round picks, joffrey lupul and luca sbisa for chris pronger wich im totally stoked about!
With hatcher having to retire pronger is a huge addition. No dount he will fit in perfectly with his great hitting and intimadating presence. :twisted:
you also added 2 extra draft picks in the next 2 years and another young player i believe

dafp said:
I imagine you'll have a few cap issues to deal with but (and as a Devils fan I hate to admit this) he'll only improve the Flyers.
Lupuls $3million salary will now be taken off, or around that mark, but i dont think they will have to many issues regarding the cap

Thread starter #359
I don't know, they were having cap issues in the run in last season after Briere came back. While they should be fine this year. They are currently at $2M to $5M free cap space (depending on which source you believe) with 17 players signed. Which should be fine this year, although they will have to get a pretty good deal on a Free Agency goalie if they want to push for the cup next season. The big problem for a lot of teams like the Flyers and Pittsburgh will be the season after when the cap is expected to drop dramatically. Either way the Flyers and the pens are gong to find depth hard over the coming years.

Great pick up from the Flyers though, pretty much a neutral cap hit, a bit old to have long term effect on Flyers but if they can get a solid number one behind their defence they could be a very hard team to beat again this year.

I can't believe the Rangers didn't try to sign back Antropov :eek: I thought he was magnificent for us put up alot of point when he came at the trade dedline they should have signed him back :cry: