The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Thread starter #1
I'd imagine quite a few of us on here follow the NHL, even if it's just looking out for your own teams results. Thought I'd set up a thread for everything NHL.

Who does everyone support? Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this year? Which players have impressed you? Got a game recommendation, put it here!

I've been supporting the Penguins for longer than I've been following the Devils and last year was the first time I've seen them reach the finals. I don't have high hoped for us this season, too many big names injured and too many players are a downgrade on last year. It's early days yet but Montreal look a force as to the Buffaslugs. The Flyers are also still winless! :D

Re: The NHL thread

i follow the Pens, shame about Gonchar and Whitney but Bissonette looks a tough cookie, KO'd Bradley the other night.

I think it will be Red wings or Rangers for the cup this year,

Tampa have a great side, aqquired Malone, Roberts, Prospal, Kolzig, but i dont think they will be Stanley cup contenders,

Dion Phaneuf every year comes out and hits every body, id love him at the Pens, he is a class act as is Brian Campbell. his spinnerama tricks and his hits are awsome, really great pick up for Black Hawks.

Thread starter #3

Bisonette is indeed one tough customer. It's a shame we didn't give Pesonen a chance to prove himself at this level. All indications from Europe suggest that he would be able handle himself in the show.

Tampa have one major flaw this year: Barry Melrose! how the guy got that gig I'll never know. Talking of Phanuef, here is an awesome hit from yesterdays game against the Oilers: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FySioKIEaM0

Iceraider said:
Bisonette is indeed one tough customer. It's a shame we didn't give Pesonen a chance to prove himself at this level. All indications from Europe suggest that he would be able handle himself in the show.

Tampa have one major flaw this year: Barry Melrose! how the guy got that gig I'll never know. Talking of Phanuef, here is an awesome hit from yesterdays game against the Oilers: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FySioKIEaM0
we will be missing 100 points this year from Gonchar and Whitney so we need Letang to get a few points this year,

Phaneuf is a legend all ready :D he hits like a train and gets 300 plus a year, very good player Calgary have their, his shot is awsome as well,
great hit last night again,

Stars fan :| In shock. Desperately need Zubov back to steady the D, because atm they're leaking far to many goals, as good as Marty T is, he isnt superman :|

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
TenbyDevil said:
Stars fan :| In shock. Desperately need Zubov back to steady the D, because atm they're leaking far to many goals, as good as Marty T is, he isnt superman :|

how long is Zubov out for??
another 4 weeks or something like that :cry:

TenbyDevil said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
TenbyDevil said:

how long is Zubov out for??
another 4 weeks or something like that :cry:
still could be worse could be out like Gonchar is, 4 months or so i believe.

obviously aint too happy with our start to the new season, biron hasnt been up too scratch...yet.
on the plus side gagne has come back in great form after missing most of last season, and nice to see danny briere get 2 goals in our OT loss to san jose. hopefully "when" we win we can go on a little streak or preferably a big streak. my bro is a penguins fan so we're always slagging off eachothers teams, but we watched the penguins game the other night where bissonette demoilished that guy...have to say he should play for us if he can fight like, that not the faggot penguins who just seem to mouth off all the time but when push comes to shove they skate off....*cough* cindy *cough* malkin *cough*.
rant over...till i start to talk about ny rangers, new jersey devils....and so on... :lol:

Thread starter #13

lol, do you and your brother come to games in your respective teams Jerseys? As I've noticed a Flyers fan and a Pens fan sat next to each other quite a few times and thought thats odd :D

lol yeah thats us, always in block 3 and skate after the game ( i say skate but we mostly barge eachother)
we wear devils shirts half of the time but he has a malkin winter classic top and a lemieux home jersey...and i have way too many flyers tops to name but mostly wear my briere and richards top (which i have to get my "c" stitched on as its coming off) :x

Thread starter #15

MikeRichards18 said:
lol yeah thats us, always in block 3 and skate after the game ( i say skate but we mostly barge eachother)
we wear devils shirts half of the time but he has a malkin winter classic top and a lemieux home jersey...and i have way too many flyers tops to name but mostly wear my briere and richards top (which i have to get my "c" stitched on as its coming off) :x
Yeah it is you two as I really want that Malkin winter classic Jersey. It is supposed to be the 3rd Jersey this year though so might be able to get my hands on one. At least we can all unite in our hatred of the Rangers though :lol: :D

aye thats us alright. even though i hate the penguins i actually quite like the winter classic jersey....but thats as far as me liking the penguins will go :D
he wants to get another malkin top with the "A" now...which is slightly better than getting a cindy top... :lol:

MikeRichards18 said:
aye thats us alright. even though i hate the penguins i actually quite like the winter classic jersey....but thats as far as me liking the penguins will go :D
he wants to get another malkin top with the "A" now...which is slightly better than getting a cindy top... :lol:
haha you cant hate the pens its ok :lol: i want a crosby or Malkin top but cant find anywhere to order me them haha, ill just have to go see them and steal their game worn ones haha

try ebay man, thats where we got our jerseys from. i got my richards top from there for around £50 wich i found out they sell them in the US for $299.99 with no name or numbers! super bargain me thinks.
back on topic, i hope we can pick up our first win of the season tonight against the sharks and get our season up and running :)

*sorry for the double post*
stayed up till 3am watching the flyers vs sharks game and even though we lost in a shootout i have to say....what a game!!!
it was 4-3 after the first period, basically the game went like this-
first period we gave way too many penalties away but scored shorthanded, then it became the "we'll score one then you'll score one" affair. have to say though, WTF was biron doing for there 6th goal??? all in all i am a bit gutted as we're still winless, but thinking about the hockey only, it has been a great home and home series against the sharks

MikeRichards18 said:
*sorry for the double post*
stayed up till 3am watching the flyers vs sharks game and even though we lost in a shootout i have to say....what a game!!!
it was 4-3 after the first period, basically the game went like this-
first period we gave way too many penalties away but scored shorthanded, then it became the "we'll score one then you'll score one" affair. have to say though, WTF was biron doing for there 6th goal??? all in all i am a bit gutted as we're still winless, but thinking about the hockey only, it has been a great home and home series against the sharks
watched that game and it was fantastic, some good hits, good goals, (lupul's goal) and Biron just doing a stevie lyle at the squeeler game a week or so back lol, flyers dont look like there not going to win a game they look good but its getting the first win under them just like the Devils in a way :p