The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Thread starter #21
Re: The NHL thread

Biron let in a couple that he'd probably want back, the flyers showed good character though to keep coming back. They really need to work on their penalty shots though.

sweet! NASN ar showing the flyers vs devils game!
while it will be a tough one to call one thing is for sure....fights!! :twisted:
(please win philly, its not nice being the only winless team in the nhl :cry: )

MikeRichards18 said:
sweet! NASN ar showing the flyers vs devils game!
while it will be a tough one to call one thing is for sure....fights!! :twisted:
(please win philly, its not nice being the only winless team in the nhl :cry: )

What Flyers won a game
that cant be right have to check again :lol:

yeah its nice to finnaly get a few wins, saw the pens vs the sharks game, pens didnt look too good im affraid..(not! :lol: )
we still need to get our defense and more importantly the goaltenders playing much better, i think we're 1st or 2nd for GF in the nhl but like 27th in GA, we cant keep relying on our offense all the time.
on the plus side it seems danny briere might be back sooner than originally thought, and brodeur is out for like 3-4 months! :D

MikeRichards18 said:
yeah its nice to finnaly get a few wins, saw the pens vs the sharks game, pens didnt look too good im affraid..(not! :lol: )
we still need to get our defense and more importantly the goaltenders playing much better, i think we're 1st or 2nd for GF in the nhl but like 27th in GA, we cant keep relying on our offense all the time.
on the plus side it seems danny briere might be back sooner than originally thought, and brodeur is out for like 3-4 months! :D
what happened to Birere?

dafp

What do people think about the Rangers trying to get a compensation 2nd round draft pick for Cherepanov (who tragically died a few weeks ago in case you hadn't heard)? Since they claim they can now no longer sign him and he's technically still elligible for this year's draft, they scrape through some terms saying teams can have a pick.

Thread starter #28
dafp said:
What do people think about the Rangers trying to get a compensation 2nd round draft pick for Cherepanov (who tragically died a few weeks ago in case you hadn't heard)? Since they claim they can now no longer sign him and he's technically still elligible for this year's draft, they scrape through some terms saying teams can have a pick.
It's a disgrace. The organisation should be ashamed of themselves, especially so soon after the event. We drafted Rico Fata, he turned out to be crap. Can we have that pick back please?

Iceraider said:
dafp said:
It's a disgrace. The organisation should be ashamed of themselves, especially so soon after the event. We drafted Rico Fata, he turned out to be crap. Can we have that pick back please?

total disgrace, its not as if he didnt want to play or anything is it, Rangers just need to pay respect to the guy and just leave this be, it was no bodies fault just a tragic day.

just wondering if all you people who watch nhl etc have voted in the all star ballot?
It seems pens players have shot up with cindy and malkin leading the way which is fair i guess but gonchar and whitney are 2nd and 3rd (i think) for the D-men despite (if im correct) neither playing any games so far.
if i remember correctly i voted western conference:
G - roberto luongo
D - dion phaneuf
D - brian campbell
F - pavel datsyuk
F - patrick kane
F - joe thornton

eastern conference:
G - carey price
D - mike green
D - zdeno chara
F - simon gagne
F - mike richards
F - alex ovechkin
on another note sundin has signed a 1 year contract with the cannucks, and heres looking forward to the winter classic! :)

Thread starter #32
yeah it is a bit stupid to vote Whitney and Gonchar as neither will have played enough games to actually play in the All star Game, even if they do return before it, so those votes will be null and void in any case. The Canadiens started the ballot stuffing by trying to get an entirely Canadien starting line up, unfortunately some pens fans started ballot stuffing too, but no doubt both Crosby and Malkin deserve to be in the starting line up being 1 and 2 in scoring race.

My West would be:
G: Luongo (if he isn't unjured)
D: Phaneuf
D: Lindstrom
F: Patrick Kane
F: Thornton
F: Iginla

East
G: Thomas
D: Green
D: Orpik ( ;) )
F: Malkin
F: Crosby
F: Ovechkin

I'm not surprised that Sundin went to the 'Nucks as he kept delaying his decision this week (even though he had taken ages anyway) I think it was a case of he had picked the Rangers and they tried to find a way to fit him in, but couldn't make the right trades, so told him yesterday and then he accepted the 'Nucks offer.

Dan

o0o0 and i know its a double post, sorry, but sundin signing for the "nucks" is a huge coup for them, i know this guy is past his best and what is he now? 36/37? but this guy is still world class, his puck handling skills are second to none, and its bound to help the nucks in the final third.

last i heard on avery is that the stars dont want him and not even there ahl team want him and i doubt anyother nhl would want that prick on there team anyways.
and yes i seen the canadiens mass voting earlier-on when the voting started :lol: , should be a good all-star game especially with ovechkin and kane (if they get chosen) as in my opinion they are some of the most exciting players in the nhl. speaking of players outside of the flyers and watching the bruins' great hockey on nhl on the fly, i really like the way milan lucic plays his hockey he seems to be becoming a fan favourite!

yes i think so too, last i seen of him was the canadiens home and home games where laraque was trying to get him to fight.
also i seen someone with a lucic jersey at the squeelers game which i thought was cool

MikeRichards18 said:
yes i think so too, last i seen of him was the canadiens home and home games where laraque was trying to get him to fight.
also i seen someone with a lucic jersey at the squeelers game which i thought was cool

yeah i seen him and i wanted to steal his jersey lol!!! yeah but Lucic will fight when need be and he can play as well, he brings a lot to the bruins and he will be a very very good player in the next couple of years when he settles down completly in the NHL

have to agree he does bring a lot to the bruins with his high tempo/energy style, and yes he does fight when need be hence laraque was gunning for him after lucic mullered a canadiens player (cant remember who) in the previous game :lol:

MikeRichards18 said:
have to agree he does bring a lot to the bruins with his high tempo/energy style, and yes he does fight when need be hence laraque was gunning for him after lucic mullered a canadiens player (cant remember who) in the previous game :lol:
was it not Komersiek?? i thought oh boy Lucic will pan him and he did lol