The NHL thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Thread starter #43
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
MikeRichards18 said:
have to agree he does bring a lot to the bruins with his high tempo/energy style, and yes he does fight when need be hence laraque was gunning for him after lucic mullered a canadiens player (cant remember who) in the previous game :lol:
was it not Komersiek?? i thought oh boy Lucic will pan him and he did lol
Yeah I think it was Komerserik, as the Habs fans had been waiting ages for him to drop the gloves, and when he finally did he got ownded by Lucic. Licic did put a leafs player through the glass earlier in the season, but I can remember who it was he hit.

Iceraider said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
MikeRichards18 said:
have to agree he does bring a lot to the bruins with his high tempo/energy style, and yes he does fight when need be hence laraque was gunning for him after lucic mullered a canadiens player (cant remember who) in the previous game :lol:
was it not Komersiek?? i thought oh boy Lucic will pan him and he did lol
Yeah I think it was Komerserik, as the Habs fans had been waiting ages for him to drop the gloves, and when he finally did he got ownded by Lucic. Licic did put a leafs player through the glass earlier in the season, but I can remember who it was he hit.
yeah i found the fight on hockeyfights.com ealier lol, Lucic is the man, maybe pens will sign him soon haha

just watched on the fly, and yes we did kick there ass.
cote got wooped in the fight and nittymaki had an outstanding game, i think jeff is now the top goal scorer and as ever our special teams (especially pk) have been awesome.
shame we lost to the devils tonight though, havent seen anything on that yet.
also i seen the pens getting thumped aswell! :D

anyone see this? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A3RfDTNM4q8
i both laughed at this and found it annoying.
annoying because of the fact it was cowardly but on the other hand he didnt exactly do anything.
and funny....well....because of the obvious, its way worse than the semin "fight" :lol:
there was also one with a boston player a year or so ago which was extremely funny but still annoying because the commentator was a huge cindy basher and thought the "fight" was amazing....someone needs to tell him a fight involves punching and not a competition to see who can get the opposing players jersey of first :lol:

on another note, anyone catch the winter classic game?

MikeRichards18 said:
anyone see this? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A3RfDTNM4q8
i both laughed at this and found it annoying.
annoying because of the fact it was cowardly but on the other hand he didnt exactly do anything.
and funny....well....because of the obvious, its way worse than the semin "fight" :lol:
there was also one with a boston player a year or so ago which was extremely funny but still annoying because the commentator was a huge cindy basher and thought the "fight" was amazing....someone needs to tell him a fight involves punching and not a competition to see who can get the opposing players jersey of first :lol:

on another note, anyone catch the winter classic game?
missed the classic game, did you see it? any good??

the Crosby fight/wrestle/undressing scene was poor and i dont think it was worse than the Semin fight lol,

yeah the winter classic was good entertainment, too bad kane was playing with an injury though.
cant wait for the all-star game now, i think the rest of the squad is being named this week

Thread starter #50
The Winter Classic was good, even if I did pin my colours to Chicago for the day. As for Crosby fight, it is just a symptom of the problems in the Penguins camp at the moment. Rumour is that the Pens and Sens are talking to Pat Quinn after team Canada won gold at WJC (awesome tournament to watch over xmas) so there could be a coaching change at the pens in the pipeline.

yeah i also wanted chicago to win but a great game nevertheless.
i heard theres quite a bit of frustration around the pens camp recently but oh well.
has anyone seen mason the columbus goaltender in action? he seems to be the talk of the town right know i checked his stats and he has 5 shutouts with a 1.83(around that) GAA! not sure how many games he has played though.
staying in the nhl topic, who do you guyz think will reach the play-offs come the end of the season and what improvements do you want to see from your team?

Thread starter #52
The East is pretty much still wide open, there are a few locks such as Boston or Washington, who would have to screw up seriously, but the rest is pretty even. Even given the current issues I'd still like to think the Penguins will make it. We usually have a really awful run somewhere in the season. Including last year where we were dreadful for a bit until Therrien basically called out all his players in a press conference. I'd say Islanders, Thrashers, Tampa and the Sens will definitely miss out but the others will be closer.

As for the West I'd say the current top eight are looking good to make the play-offs with the exception of Phoenix who I think will be pipped to the post by Edmonton or Colorado. I'd put my money on the Sharks finishing top of the pile come end of the season, but I also think they will choke in the play-offs again.

yeah boston and maybe san jose look pretty unstopable right now, i think we would be in the play-offs come end of season. and yes.....i also think the pens will be there too.
The full rosters have been released for the all star game, glad too see carter in the eastern team though i also think gagne or richards should have been voted but thats just my biased opinion :D
should be a great game

Boston missing the likes of Patrice Bergeron, Phil Kessel, Milan Lucic and Marco Sturm and still they get a good win v Montreal last night, they look top class this year, Sharks are looking deadly and Marleau seems to have a fair few good games recently

yeah they're definatley missing those players but they just keep on rolling. I watched most of the canadiens vs bruins game, chara had a great game and tim thomas decked andrei kostitsyn! :lol:
obviously not happy with last nights result, but a little good news in that danny briere is gonna play a few ahl games to see how his groin will hold up.

Thread starter #56
just watched the Tim Thomas / Andrei Kostitsyn incident! lol,Thomas standing in for Lucic while he's out :lol: . Haven't managed to see any of the Penguins / Flyers game yet, good to hear from the reports that Hartnell managed to make a tit out of himself at the end again, I though Sid was the one supposed to be doing the diving, not old Krusty the Clown himself. ;)

A couple of one sided results last night with the Sharks putting 7 past the Lightening to win 7-1, (who can stop the Sharks at the moment?) the Wild also thumped the Coyotes 6-3 and the floundering senators beat the 'Canes 5-1!

couple of links of 'interest' first a news report on how much Malkin and Ovechkin hate each other http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=263069&lid= ... dlines_nhl

and also one below of some Bruins playing rock band! :shock:
http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=2&id=30263 a rather strange video of

lol well hartnell likes to make himself look like a doofus sometimes.
have to say lucic is pretty decent on the guitar, thats one of the hardest songs to play on rock band....wonder what difficulty there on.

So with the all-star game coming up i was wondering whos gonna be watching and how do you think it will pan out? should be great entertainment and in my opinion think the eastern all-stars will win due to their firepower (having the top 3 nhl goal scorers).
Flyers news now ( :D ) seems danny briere will be out for another 2 weeks after yet more surgery :roll: hes only played about 9 games.
NHL news, dipietro is out for the season which i think is a big loss to the islanders, and the refs are having new shirts for the all-star game.

Watch out! the Stars are coming good finally :mrgreen: bit pissed i couldnt see last nights game against Calgary cos my ESPN360 wasnt working :evil: but hey, they won 3-1 :mrgreen: