Steelers release Colt King

Mooney#16

Wouldn't touch them. Stats can disguise a lot of things and in these two cases it's that they are not clutch players who show up to the big games. They have been found out as pros. No likely no signy.

James said:
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/sheffield-steelers-king-s-dismissal-rocked-team-to-core-ramsay-1-4419220
Notice what Ramsey doesn't say as well as what he does say. Sounds like it certainly had an affect on team morale.
Sounds like a cry out to other clubs to come in for him to me

ASHIPP

The latest update on this ongoing story is 'Sheffield Star's' article revealing the alledged reasons behind King's departure.
As expected, it defends Finnerty's actions and piles even more contempt on King particularly after his recent tweets about the club.

Finnerty was loving the kudos of capturing Colt King ahead of other clubs last season. :evil: Now King has gone from hero to zero up there.
Labelled a 'negative and disruptive influence' at the Steelers, this does seem to contradict the reputation of a popular player who stayed 3 seasons at a league-winning CHL club.

The fact that 3 other import players from last season have either indirectly commented about events, or have overidden their contracts and left would suggest that they weren't happy with things either.

Steelers might find recruitment a little tougher this year...bad news travels fast. :D

DevilDom

If another EIHL team were to take a punt on him then I would guess they would get a highly motivated player with a point to prove. I wouldn't mind G taking that punt if we could afford it.

wildthing74

Agreed.Two sides to every story as they say and I'm sure G had background checked him
during the 3 years we were allegedly persuing him.

He should have never made the mistake of joining them instead of us.

I thought he would go back to NA but if someone offered him a contract over here I reckon he'd take it just to shove it down Finners throat!!

My three wishes in no particular order: King, Weller and Tylor!!!!!!!

zoesdevil

philrowlands31 said:
we are the best choice if he wants to rub it in finners face...

but honestly,
this has panthers deal written all over it...
Yep I agree, especially now that Meyers has signed for them!!

Based on Tweets from Ragan and Adams over the last few days I would guess that he is indeed on his way to Cardiff. Ragan was questioned over the next signing and said that he was a forward who was a fighter and G said today that he is close to landing somebody who he has been chasing for three years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Devils shirt next year

StevenBletsoe said:
Based on Tweets from Ragan and Adams over the last few days I would guess that he is indeed on his way to Cardiff. Ragan was questioned over the next signing and said that he was a forward who was a fighter and G said today that he is close to landing somebody who he has been chasing for three years.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Devils shirt next year
*HUGE THUMBS UP!*
really hope we have the steelers as the opening game (if this comes through of course)

voth26

I'd be surprised if it was king then, didnt brent pretty much say that devils wouldnt be keen to sign him, when he was doing the shirt auction?
Not sure if i'd want him I would prefer a fresh young newbie keen to prove himself, who knows