Steelers release Colt King

I didnt say he was a better player though, but he brings more to the team, he put in 100% every game, in the decider against Shuff he lost his stick body blocked a shot gloved the puck to his foot and kicked the puck out of the zone, the crowd went wild, its that effort which made him so popular with the fans. Obviously King didnt put this type of effort in.

jimmy snels

there is alot to be said for 100% effort :) i think id take king as he scores more and is a more dominant fighter but i take your point keefe definatly shows up everytime iv seen him play

jester said:
in the decider against Shuff he lost his stick body blocked a shot gloved the puck to his foot and kicked the puck out of the zone, the crowd went wild.
:lol:

i hear his agents phone is going off non stop with calls from all the NHL teams for that effort.

Devil_Bluebird said:
jester said:
in the decider against Shuff he lost his stick body blocked a shot gloved the puck to his foot and kicked the puck out of the zone, the crowd went wild.
:lol:

i hear his agents phone is going off non stop with calls from all the NHL teams for that effort.
:DWD

ASHIPP

Maybe a reunion with VDV at the Devils next season? :D

Afterall, they did play on the same team together in the CHL....and King was always going to look better in RED! He'd be a perfect 'replacement' for Brad.

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Maybe a reunion with VDV at the Devils next season? :D

Afterall, they did play on the same team together in the CHL....and King was always going to look better in RED! He'd be a perfect 'replacement' for Brad.
p.s. even the word 'replacement' for Brad seems wrong. :evil: But King posesses many of those qualities and abilities. In a team with a strong work ethic and spirit, with a coach who can get players to adapt their game ;) King would be even more of an asset. :D

jimmy snels

ASHIPP said:
ASHIPP said:
p.s. even the word 'replacement' for Brad seems wrong. :evil: But King posesses many of those qualities and abilities. In a team with a strong work ethic and spirit, with a coach who can get players to adapt their game ;) King would be even more of an asset. :D
love that bit ASHIPP :lol: :lol: :lol:

The following is a quite from Squealtalk. Did this really happen? Seems unlikely for a variety of reasons.
Why was Pope on the mic after the game? What game? Slightly unproffessional stuff to announce. Etc.

"Rumours of the King sacking from of all places Cardiff... Brent Pope was apparently on the microphone at the end of the game and was saying that Colt King had been released by the Steelers because he was always drinking too much and turned up to training drunk.
Pope then added that something happened in the dressing room at Belfast with King at the centre of it.
Once again another rumour to throw into the pot."

Brent said it before the start of the shirt auction on Sunday, although I am not sure those were his exact words, but think he was trying to squash any idea of us signing King.

Indeed Brent commented on it before the shirt auction when he was talking about the game and so on. I can't say 100% about the drinking bit what was actually said or whether it was even said - probably getting a bit mixed up with the Gavin Henson shenanigans there :oops:

But he did offer that something must have gone wrong in the Steelers changing room over the last 5 weeks or so because upto then they were pretty much neck and neck with the Giants, but ended up 11 points down. He was then making the point about praising the Brit players that have played so well this year and with that in mind, I got the impression he was saying 'do we even need him?' That's just my opinion though.

There was no direct finger pointing or anything like that, but I think he was just trying to play down any rumours at that time with regards to that the Devils were going to sign him. Probably beat one rumour down and created another in the process but cest la vie I guess :shock: :lol:

Ocko

He may've liked a beer or 10 but it didnt do Sheffield any harm for the majority of the season, it only seemed to falter when Finner tried to stamp it out. Sometimes you need maverick players like King.

Finny

James said:
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/sheffield-steelers-king-s-dismissal-rocked-team-to-core-ramsay-1-4419220
Notice what Ramsey doesn't say as well as what he does say. Sounds like it certainly had an affect on team morale.
Ouch! That is pretty damning towards Finnerty.

Wouldn't be against a cheeky bid for Ramsey and King if they enjoy being teammates.