Steelers release Colt King

Gazza272

phil PLT said:
Although we don't know any facts we do know there is more to this sudden sacking than meets the eye. Sheffield fans are saying that he hasn't been pulling his weight lately, why? Has he become a disruptive influence in the dressing room? Sorry this guys not for me if either of these turn out to be correct and G certainly wouldn't wear it either.

It Is a little weird. However Finnerty does have previous of making rash and quick desicions. fining Clark Two weeks wages for being late for the bus earlier in the year being a prime example.

King may have gone a bit wrong but at present I would be leaning more To Finnerty making a bit of a rookie coaching error over King being continually disruptive, this seems to be the first inkling of that happening.

Gazza I didn't use the term "continually disruptive" as I would suggest he hasn't, just disruptive tying in with Sheffield fans feeling that he hasn't been pulling his weight lately, big difference!

Earnie

G and Franny have always strived for a team with characters that gell and make for a 'great dressing room' as they say.
Colt King must be assessed in that area as well as his play and physicality.

Gazza272 said:
phil PLT said:
Although we don't know any facts we do know there is more to this sudden sacking than meets the eye. Sheffield fans are saying that he hasn't been pulling his weight lately, why? Has he become a disruptive influence in the dressing room? Sorry this guys not for me if either of these turn out to be correct and G certainly wouldn't wear it either.

It Is a little weird. However Finnerty does have previous of making rash and quick desicions. fining Clark Two weeks wages for being late for the bus earlier in the year being a prime example.
Lets not forget that G has already highlighted how he struggled at times when first entering management - With Finnerty 'New' to an existing team he perhaps doesn't have that support in the dressing room as G had from Vother.

jimmy snels

or maybe, just maybe, finnerty has continued being an absolute tool in managment just like he was when he was a player? this guy didnt even turn up at the end of season night last year and was our "captain". id take considerably more weight from it if G had made this decision but coming from that idiot i wont listen to a word of it!

Gazza272

phil PLT said:
Gazza I didn't use the term "continually disruptive" as I would suggest he hasn't, just disruptive tying in with Sheffield fans feeling that he hasn't been pulling his weight lately, big difference!

Sorry Phil, I was making a new point with that last bit rather than suggesting it was a point you made! Apologies.

jimmy snels said:
or maybe, just maybe, finnerty has continued being an absolute tool in managment just like he was when he was a player? this guy didnt even turn up at the end of season night last year and was our "captain". id take considerably more weight from it if G had made this decision but coming from that idiot i wont listen to a word of it!
He was so much of a tool that having played over half a season for us G made him the Captain for the next season :DWD Oh and as for the end of season night, the guy had just been made Player/Coach of Shefield, his return flight home was already arranged by Cardiff, as per contract, do you really expect him not to take the brief opportunity to talk to his new boss before returning home for the summer?

jimmy snels said:
Did Finnerty miss the end of season night? I would have expected it to have been mentioned before now.

jimmy snels

phil PLT said:
jimmy snels said:
He was so much of a tool that having played over half a season for us G made him the Captain for the next season :DWD Oh and as for the end of season night, the guy had just been made Player/Coach of Shefield, his return flight home was already arranged by Cardiff, as per contract, do you really expect him not to take the brief opportunity to talk to his new boss before returning home for the summer?
so you were happy with his appointment as captain? i can think of numerous people who i know from the rink who hated him being our captain. took so many stupid pens it was unreal and was generally not the person who id want to represent us. that is my honest opinion. G might have made him it thinking it might calm him down (like he did with vother). how do you or I know he didnt regret it?
he was being paid by us and should have been there. thats another OPINION. this whole :DWD :DWD :DWD thing to try and belittle me wouldnt have anything to do with my joke on another thread about king would it..... id rather a constructive debate. i think finnerty isnt exactly reknowned for his great judgement so i stick by my first statment, this could easily be a case of finnerty being a tool!! :lol:

jimmy snels

bluedevil said:
jimmy snels said:
Did Finnerty miss the end of season night? I would have expected it to have been mentioned before now.
sorry blue devil missed you out! :) yer, he was ment to attend but instead was rumoured to be driving between coventry and sheffield at the time..... it was his way of saying thanks to the fans.....

jimmy snels said:
so you were happy with his appointment as captain? i can think of numerous people who i know from the rink who hated him being our captain. took so many stupid pens it was unreal and was generally not the person who id want to represent us. that is my honest opinion. G might have made him it thinking it might calm him down (like he did with vother). how do you or I know he didnt regret it?
he was being paid by us and should have been there. thats another OPINION. this whole :DWD :DWD :DWD thing to try and belittle me wouldnt have anything to do with my joke on another thread about king would it..... id rather a constructive debate. i think finnerty isnt exactly reknowned for his great judgement so i stick by my first statment, this could easily be a case of finnerty being a tool!! :lol:
Yes I was happy with his appointment as captain and I'm fully aware that other fans were not. Did he take stupid pens at times, then yes I agree he did, but then so have some players this season! Of course your entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine. As for your little joke, then believe me mate I've got broader shoulders than that :lol: So you honestly believe that G made Vother captain to calm him down? and not maybe that he was a leader in the dressing room much like what G had said about Finner, how's that for constructive debate. Oh and to call anyone a tool I think is belittling, just my opinion again.

jimmy snels

i didnt call youa tool i said finnerty was or have i got what you were saying confused? i think that G said at the time that the leadership side of being captain would help brads game as he would have to lead by example. it seemed to work as well to an extent as he went from being, well, a bit of a goon, to being a hockey player who could goon it up at times! :lol:

frank was the person im sure your reffering to for dull pens, which yes he has. the only kicker to that is that frank is our enforcer so you'd expect him to have quite large PIM's id guess. thats not to say iv nott been disappointed with him at times tho.

yes this is now constructive debate.

i think the thread is about king so would you sign him? who would you like if not? and do you think the earlier mentioned line of Tylor stuuuuuuuuuu and king would work and be effective?

Tylor and Stuuu I would have back in a heartbeat, indeed I would go as far as saying that I would love Tylor back as our franchise player. Both these guys play for the name on the front of the shirt, which back on topic I'm not sure King does, however I have every faith In G finding someone suitable to fill the massive skates of Vother.
And just for the record, yes you did get confused :)