Steelers release Colt King

I wonder what the story is here. He's been in good form recently. As the article mentions he did say the Steelers didn't perform to their fullest against the Clan because it was a dead rubber game which is kinda unprofessional thing for a sportsman to say but on the whole not bad enough to get sacked by a long stretch.

Now I'd love to sign him even more if it's going to get under Finners skin.

Rempel16

Would love to see King in a Devils jersey, it's fair to say he's been on many Devils' fans wishlists for a few seasons now.
I guess it would all depend on the circumstances behind his release. If it's down to effort, then I am a firm believer that G can instill the Devils' work ehtic into him.

Tylor-Macrae-King line next season???? yes please!!!

jimmy snels

exactly the line i was thinking about after i posted, there wouldnt be many teams would like to see that line on the ice! in fact im not sure many teams would go away from the tent with a full compliment of players !!!

I'm not sure that it is down to effort alone - finner could have just benched him & played Clark. More to this than meets the eye - as ever in Steelerland. We are used to it now.... :(

I guess the Brits are priority but sign Colt King and sign him now. The perfect replacement for Vother, would be very happy if King became a Devil !!

I can't help but think that as a result of missing out on the league there's a bit of unwarranted anger being thrown around ?

thorney88 said:
I'm not sure that it is down to effort alone - finner could have just benched him & played Clark. More to this than meets the eye - as ever in Steelerland. We are used to it now.... :(
King strikes me as a fairly strong headed kind of guy. Add that to the fact that Finnerty is a new coach and therefore not had to deal with players like that before and I've got to be honest, in hindsight, it really was only a matter of time before something happened.

It may have a little bit of an adverse affect on the steelers now and the way Hull have been playing recently...... may we be seeing a little upset? I sure hope so!! ;)

Come on G, now's your chance. Get King to put pen to paper!!! :D

rocketbob said:
I would love to have Mr King in a Devils jersey. That signing (however unlikely) would definitely sell a few season tickets.
Would he want to play a full season in the BBT now he has seen it 1st hand.. Would be the ideal replacement for Voth, in fact would be an upgrade.. I've a feeling if he goes anywhere it will be Nottingham or Braehead

Gazza272

oneill said:
rocketbob said:
I would love to have Mr King in a Devils jersey. That signing (however unlikely) would definitely sell a few season tickets.
Would he want to play a full season in the BBT now he has seen it 1st hand.. Would be the ideal replacement for Voth, in fact would be an upgrade.. I've a feeling if he goes anywhere it will be Nottingham or Braehead

He may have seen the Tent, he saw it full to the rafters as we dumped him and the Steelers out of the Challenge cup. Impressive to many an import i'ed have thought considering the noise in the place that evening....

Also saw the reception Voth got upon retireing, a fantastic advert for the club in itself.

He would have seen us battle short handed for a long time yet still get results, a team that plays a style i'm sure he enjoys.

So dont worry about us O'neill we got plenty to sell to him if we so wish. ;)

TheStub

Thread starter #19
The other selling point is our loss of Voth and the need for a franchise player. He could be that player going into the new barn.

Although we don't know any facts we do know there is more to this sudden sacking than meets the eye. Sheffield fans are saying that he hasn't been pulling his weight lately, why? Has he become a disruptive influence in the dressing room? Sorry this guys not for me if either of these turn out to be correct and G certainly wouldn't wear it either.