Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

ASHIPP

Belfast have probably signed a few extra in preparation for the CHL. They might still be on the roster at Xmas, covering injuries.
If the Giants are in breach of supposed cap limit and official roster numbers, then it is not being punished or even being policed.

If the league looks the other way, we shouldn't waste our time caring about it. On match nights, the Giants can only ice the same number of players on their roster as their opposition.....it's just that we will see a different set each time!

Last edited:

Wannabe2

I wish for the day people realise the reality of the EIHL league.
I wish for the day you get a life, chill out mate your only here once, if all you wish for is the day that people realise the reality of the league, your in a pretty shitty place. You have obviously been around for a long time like many of us, but stop being so bloody miserable it ain’t clever and drags people down, lighten up for Christs sake.

Finny

Belfast signed their 17th import today!! Currently running with a 26 man roster (inc 2 ways)
Of the rules that are public, Belfast haven’t broken any rules yet. We don’t know what the salary cap is or how much Belfast are paying their players so there is no point in speculating on any of that.
They did earlier in the season though say that Roach would start the season on Injury Reserve List so presumably one of their signings has been registered as Injury Cover. It’ll be interesting to see if the league confirm this before the first game or if they will carry on as pathetically vague as the finished the last season.

With regards Belfast’s latest signing….. I was a bit underwhelmed. Rumours of a big signing falling through at the last minute two weeks ago and this being a bit of a panic signing. After all they could hardly go into the CHL with Philllips and Garside on D.

It’s odd. As they made each signing I was increasingly impressed and worried they were miles ahead of us. But now when you look at it, I’m not so sure.

I‘ve put both teams into my goal predictor and it comes out with Belfast ahead….by just a single goal. Which I absolutely nothing. Plus it doesn’t take into account the fact we have a spare brit.

This current Belfast roster won’t win the league.

Devils86

OK so a bit more in-depth...(again this is all ripped off from EP so players being listed as D but playing F could be a factor for a few. Where I state number of Brits that does NOT include the 2-ways. Full time means not 2-way...)

Current EIHL dressing rules means a game night has 20 players. Brit pack is 5 now, meaning that import limit in that 20 man team is 15 per game. I will admit to not knowing if certain players are Brits/Imports - I have taken a view based on their EP profile and where they start their hockey abroad I go with them being an import.

This was a quick check so will take another look in a bit as I'm not 100% sure on some these numbers...

[Updated pic below]

Last edited:

Devils86

Whistle is classed as a Brit.
Fair enough. Odd one though isn't it...

Born in Canada, 1995. Hockey from 2009-2016 in Canada. So first British hockey at 21. I always thought it was something to do with junior hockey and between the ages of 10-14...

But like I said, I don't claim to know these things.

Obviously means his brother in Sheffield is a Brit too...

Born in Canada, 1997. Hockey from 2011-2018 in Canada. First British hockey at 21...

Will update the above figure tomorrow or thereafter

OK so a bit more in-depth...(again this is all ripped off from EP so players being listed as D but playing F could be a factor for a few. Where I state number of Brits that does NOT include the 2-ways. Full time means not 2-way...)

Current EIHL dressing rules means a game night has 20 players. Brit pack is 5 now, meaning that import limit in that 20 man team is 15 per game. I will admit to not knowing if certain players are Brits/Imports - I have taken a view based on their EP profile and where they start their hockey abroad I go with them being an import.

This was a quick check so will take another look in a bit as I'm not 100% sure on some these numbers...

View attachment 2317
Brilliant quick reference.

So Guildford have the same number of imports as Belfast, moving Whistle into the Brit category. Sheffield running at 1 behind with another import to sign might well equal Guildford and Belfast. IF you took Roache out as being listed injured, Belfast could be down 1 playing import, at 17. If Sam jones and BOC are moved into Brit category, that brings all 3 teams level at 17 imports.

Devils86

Brilliant quick reference.

So Guildford have the same number of imports as Belfast, moving Whistle into the Brit category. Sheffield running at 1 behind with another import to sign might well equal Guildford and Belfast. IF you took Roache out as being listed injured, Belfast could be down 1 playing import, at 17. If Sam jones and BOC are moved into Brit category, that brings all 3 teams level at 17 imports.
Will update this later tonight - but yes hopefully this will help clarify some issues. Flames going hard this year

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #718
I know there are a few more signings still to come but just wanted to give @Devils86 maximum kudos for keeping us all informed (and for some decent puns), it was very useful just having one place to look for info so.... thank you!!
Just to echo this, thanks @Devils86 for keeping this thread updated, and in a brilliant way!

Far better job than I would ever have been able to do, and coupled with the recent posts pulling it all together and it has been a good off-season for this thread!

So thanks again for all your time and help :)

Devils86

Just to echo this, thanks @Devils86 for keeping this thread updated, and in a brilliant way!

Far better job than I would ever have been able to do, and coupled with the recent posts pulling it all together and it has been a good off-season for this thread!

So thanks again for all your time and help :)
No probs - nice to help out considering all the actual work admins do for us here. Has helped the last few weeks of off-season pass a bit quicker