Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

TL91

At least some clubs have started early, is Todd skiing or busy planning another cringy worth Stampede live, ish announcement.
In fairness Neilson came in and was likely always known to only be a short term appointment so they’ve likely been able to do a lot of work in the background to get it done early.

kingmo19.1

Reports that Latal has had enough after 2 years in an Orange jumpsuit:
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/ice...r-two-seasons-with-sheffield-steelers-4108165

(Edit: Appreciate that this isn't from their website but the Star can always be relied on to leak Squealer news before the organisation get around to it!)
Also says Fox and his assistant signed 3 years deals last March! I wonder if that was on the proviso of picking up some silverware this season? Some on here have implied no Silverware and he (Fox) was toast?

lloyd_jeff

In fairness Neilson came in and was likely always known to only be a short term appointment so they’ve likely been able to do a lot of work in the background to get it done early.
Dupont was a mistake before a puck dropped, you know it, we all knew it, just the people in charge who also knew it didn’t want to tell fans it. If the plan is to allow Dupont to learn and accept poor hockey for the next several yrs, then have the balls to say so and we can then decide if we as paying fans want to pay for it.

Devils86

Nope. Different time, less expectation.
Lord couldn’t really lose. And the team signed that first season was the most entertaining we have had in the elite league era. (World record team a close second).

This year hasn’t even come close for entertainment.
Massive change from "I hope we can win anything" (when Lordo first appointed) to "we have been challenging for everything" (when DuPont appointed)

It's not entitlement, it's a change of standards and expectations.

We are still in the post-Lord slump, the change from Lord to non-Lord and in effect a continuation of the issues under Skalde - because it's largely a Skalde-esque side

lloyd_jeff

Wonder if you all felt the same after Andrew Lord was announced as coach a few years ago.
Not everyone rated Lord, although he’d bleed for the Club, so that gave him a more than fighting chance, if his player ethic transferred to coaching it was worth the punt. Lord as a player was a Devil, simple as that and fans love him, still do.
Dupont on the other hand, was a pathetic body on the ice, injury or not, he was capable of training, dressing and skating, so why he couldn’t play his position, unless it was his eyes & brain that stopped working. Sorry the injury is a poor excuse, he should’ve been benched, he wasn’t, so those making decisions on his fitness didn’t have an issue icing him. I’m not a coach but in my career role, if a person isn’t capable of doing their role, I’m not going to make excuses and promote them, help them if needed, sure, sure as hell wouldn’t put them in a role they aren't capable off, that’s poor management, simple as that.

How did you feel about Lord and how did you feel about Dupont?[/QUOTE]

I used to like Lordo but I also want to give Dupont a chance. We need stability and not changes again.