Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

ASHIPP

Wow, Despres will be one of the most experienced defencemen in our League. A quality signing, just like Adam Johnson. Very fitting that both played for Pittsburgh in their careers.

Guilford released an import, Logan Fredricks. They have 2 spare at the moment, Dman and Goaltender but feel the league will give them dispensation to bring in another import.

Finny

Giants release Johnny Curran - I wonder if he might join Coventry where he did well.

Will Cullen is expected to be announced as re-joining the Giants later today.

Wannabe2

Probably one of many changes at Giants, and then they will start to climb the table, probably finish in second place, just ahead of Guildford.

The_Stick_

Giants release Johnny Curran - I wonder if he might join Coventry where he did well.

Will Cullen is expected to be announced as re-joining the Giants later today.
No idea what the thought is behind this signing. The widely accepted fact is that Giants aren’t scoring enough. There defence hasn’t been anything to write home about but this seems a rather silly decision.

No idea what the thought is behind this signing. The widely accepted fact is that Giants aren’t scoring enough. There defence hasn’t been anything to write home about but this seems a rather silly decision.
Have you seen Curran stats 3+2 in 20 odd games but he was mostly dumped on 4th line no wonder they released him.He do well when moved up line or two and have good imports around him.

Gisland

Quite a few Giants fans questioning the signings as that now means they have 9 dmen signed
Hmm. about 10 to date... Hardly quite a few...

As you know, signed and played an active roll on the roster are poles apart. Roach has not iced in a single game so that's a red herring..the current playing players on the roster ain't stopping shit... Gendron has been off the ice more times than on. Beattie, I had forgotten he was signed.. At least with Cullan, they might make some sort of D line.

Finny

Hmm. about 10 to date... Hardly quite a few...

As you know, signed and played an active roll on the roster are poles apart. Roach has not iced in a single game so that's a red herring..the current playing players on the roster ain't stopping shit... Gendron has been off the ice more times than on. Beattie, I had forgotten he was signed.. At least with Cullan, they might make some sort of D line.
I would class quite a few as more than 3.

I don’t think they are including Roach. According to EliteProspects and excluding Beattie who is on a 2-way you have:

1. Baum
2. Brown
3. Cullen
4. Curti
5. Friend
6. Garside
7. Gendron
8. Phillips
9. Pound

Garside is on IRL. What is up with the others?

Gisland

I would class quite a few as more than 3.

I don’t think they are including Roach. According to EliteProspects and excluding Beattie who is on a 2-way you have:

1. Baum
2. Brown
3. Cullen
4. Curti
5. Friend
6. Garside
7. Gendron
8. Phillips
9. Pound

Garside is on IRL. What is up with the others?

The 10 comment was the number of Giants fans making their coaching debut, passing on their years of experience

Gendron has been injured, suspended, injured again, play a game, 2 game suspension and I THINK is currently injured again.

Gisland

The 10 comment was the number of Giants fans making their coaching debut, on social media, passing on their years of experience

Gendron has been injured, suspended, injured again, played a game, 2-game suspension and I THINK is currently injured again.
Apart from Phillips and Pound, I believe every other player has an injury. However, the caveat is that even if the current D roster could all play, they would still stink the place out. Cullen might just link up and give a safe line of defense

kettdevil1

Didn't he play on a higher line previously at Blaze than he was on at Giants?
The Blaze lines are pretty fluid so he spent time on every line from 1 to 3. He tended to be partnered with Tallberg and that seemed to be when he was most effective. He also linked with Marly Quince a fair bit and as Wannabe says, his return was decent, although he was never as flashy or obviously good as a Yellowhorn or Tallberg