Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

moggy#9

Chickens and roosting comes to mind..... after years of neglecting their Brits they are now in a situation where they are really struggling to attract any and I suspect they will need to open their chequebook to get someone from the meagre list left unsigned.

A classic example is Reece Kelly, born in the town but now with Glasgow, he should have been given some time, allowed to make mistakes and develop for his hometown team and if treated right, he would provide years of service. Instead he is doing his development elsewhere and in the meantime Fife have a problem on their hands.
It's difficult to see anything but another year of struggle for Fife. With their team and attendance issues, as well as the oldest building (which must have it's own maintenance issues), I fear for their long term future.

kettdevil1

Maybe, although that would be shame as their import talent looks strong. I was going to put a league prediction thread up but I genuinely don't know where anyone is going to finish so have held off until a few pre-season games have taken place.

As has been mentioned before, the quality of almost all teams appears to have increased. Fife certainly look better than last year but whether that is enough to move them forward is another matter.

kettdevil1

Burnside was an odd one, I know it was only a few games but he made zero impact on me in both games whereas his CV suggests that he should have been a solid pick up. As with the guy Flames just released, it shows how some players just can't seem to adapt for whatever reason

moggy#9

Still, I suppose it's not as bad as the HBL days when, on one occasion, I believe tom Smith sent a player back to Canada before he laced on skates because he didn't like the look of him.

Burnside was an odd one, I know it was only a few games but he made zero impact on me in both games whereas his CV suggests that he should have been a solid pick up. As with the guy Flames just released, it shows how some players just can't seem to adapt for whatever reason
petruzzelli has returned to echl now, the game I saw him play in Cardiff he was making a nuisance of himself infront of the net, looked like he would pick up some gritty goals for them over the season