Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

Finny

Lp 1 said:
Steelers seem to be signing all their Brits back, Looks like Finner knows what he's doing.
Maybe we should be more pro-active in securing some of our players.
Too right. You would have expected at least some of our brits like Lyle, Richardson, Smith to be signed up by now. :evil:

Rempel16

Lp 1 said:
In fairness, we have Lyle, Richardson and Sam Smith signed up already, so we are just Phil Hill (if he signs) away from matching the number of Brits signed up by Sheffield.

How much more pro-active can we get? And how do we know that Phil Hill isn't already signed, with the announcement not being held back for a bit?

Too right. You would have expected at least some of our brits like Lyle, Richardson, Smith to be signed up by now.
Yeah Nice one but 2 of thoes were already signed on 2 year deals, Seems like teams such as sheffield have already signed playes who arnt already under contract. Steelers have signed 5 players with new contracts (Finnerty, Thomas, Tait, Phillips, Hewitt) and devils have signed 1 with a new contract.

Rempel16

Firstly, G has to count if you count Finnerty.

Secondly, its been less than two weeks since the playoff final.

That means another 4 1/2 months until UK hockey season starts up again. Don't panic about where we are at.

I'm sure G is working at getting the best team he can onto the ice, just because we are not informed immediately of signings, does not mean they aren't taking place and that we aren't in talks with probably around 30 further potential signings.

Loads of time left to get the team signed up. In fact I'd rather G take the time to make sure the player is the right one for the Cardiff Devils.

Gazza272

Lp 1 said:
Too right. You would have expected at least some of our brits like Lyle, Richardson, Smith to be signed up by now.
Yeah Nice one but 2 of thoes were already signed on 2 year deals, Seems like teams such as sheffield have already signed playes who arnt already under contract. Steelers have signed 5 players with new contracts (Finnerty, Thomas, Tait, Phillips, Hewitt) and devils have signed 1 with a new contract.

I have absoloutly no idea what point your trying to make here?

Do you consider us having the foresight last year to sign players on long term deals a bad thing?

DevilDom

Gazza272 said:
I have absoloutly no idea what point your trying to make here?

Do you consider us having the foresight last year to sign players on long term deals a bad thing?
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think the point Lp is trying to make is that we have only signed up 1 new deal (2 if you count G). The Steelers have 5 people all on new deals.

Finny

Don't forget that G did an interview earlier in the week explaining where he was with all the players. It's not like he has been sitting on his sofa doing nothing so far. He's spoken to all the players, and offered them contracts and waiting for them to get back to him.

osh

Finny said:
Lp 1 said:
Steelers seem to be signing all their Brits back, Looks like Finner knows what he's doing.
Too right. You would have expected at least some of our brits like Lyle, Richardson, Smith to be signed up by now. :evil:
How constructive Finny. Is there a need for such a reply ? You know, sometime's if you have nothing to say, it's best to say nothing !
Have a look at Rempel 16's reply, it is constructive and informative, unlike your usual sarcastic rhetoric !