Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

I hope this doesn't come off as pedantic and it isn't aimed at posters on this forum particularly but everyone needs to make sure we're making an obvious grammatical distinction between "resigns" and "re-signs" . I keep having to read things twice. :shock: :lol:

TheStub

Re: Re: Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

Mark666 said:
I hope this doesn't come off as pedantic and it isn't aimed at posters on this forum particularly but everyone needs to make sure we're making an obvious grammatical distinction between "resigns" and "re-signs" . I keep having to read things twice. :shock: :lol:
I'm with you, and applied a quick fix. ;)

Toys well and truly out of the pram on Steel Talk :lol:

I's funny how a bloke (Ragan) can save their club from complete collapse (and in turn deliver them a league championship) and be hated so much.

I don't get the arguement that their team won't be competitive with the new budget. It's pretty much what the Devils budget was this season and we didn't do too badly did we? :lol:

wildthing74

I hate 2 seperate "debates" shall we call them with sets of Steelers fans at the weekend trying to work out why they hated him so much yet he saved them and helped them to the title.
What a bunch of ungrateful muppets.Their gripe being ticket prices etc even though we pay the same playing out of a tent and we just get on with it.

Finny

They wanted successful hockey at cheap prices. They can't work out that that's the reason they have financial problems every other year.
To be fair those who do realise it probably left years ago as they couldn't take the never-ending cycle of trouble. Those that are left don't care as long as they can go to the last game of the season and watch them lift a trophy.

Colin Shields from Belfast to Morzine-Avoriaz.

http://www.hcma.fr/index.php?option=com ... mid=100001

Translated;
Here we go next recruitment for the 2011-2012 season.

And it is already the "heavy" is announced of

side of the Penguins with the arrival of British

Colin Shields and American Scott Matzka!

Scott Matzka (right in photo) is a 33 year old striker (11 May) to resume full well: he played in North America, before emigrating to Europe: Germany, Denmark, Finland. Last season, he played in the team of Cardiff Devils EIHL (Elite Ice Hockey League - the championship of the United Kingdom) where he scored 33 goals with 64 assists (second "top scorer" in the championship with 97 points). Among the titles won by the experienced player, we note that Scott Matzka was champion in 2006 Odense Denmark (where he was team captain), or champion Mestis (Finnish second tier) in 2010. Scott Matzka played last season at Cardiff Arms Park next to a former Morzine, British goalkeeper Stevie Lyle.

He will find in Morzine-Avoriaz one of his former opponents EIHL, namely Colin Shields. The Scot is a 31 year old striker who played for three years with the Belfast Giants team he assured the captaincy last season. Drafted in 2000 by the Philadelphia Flyers in the NHL, Colin Shields (left) is a mainstay of the team of Great Britain for over ten years (he was at various times assistant captain and captain of the national team ). He has been champion of EIHL playoffs and "top scorer" in 2010 with the Belfast Giants. He also played last season with an ex-Morzine, namely American Dan Welch (he also played with Stevie Lyle in Belfast).

Suffice to say that both Scott Matzka Colin Shields will not arrive completely in unknown territory by landing in Morzine, because their teammates will certainly talked about the club including Morzine ... the 2006-2007 season (where Dan Welch and Stevie Lyle played in Morzine). Season when the Penguins had finished first in the regular season and runners-up France.

Soon for new listings!