Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

Afraid to say Jester is right on this one, if Vez lived in Cardiff I'm sure we'd get him in as cover especially as there would be barely any costs as he was here anyway.

Bringing in Awada was simply right place, right time. He is living here, we have two massive injuries to deal with and bringing him on short term will help.
I doubt we would be bringing in anyone if he hadn't been here as in a previous press release Doug stated the players would just have to step up. So this isn't a case of splashing the cash, simply a former player willing to help out (for a price of course).

Not sure what shape he will be in, or how much ice time he will get. But he will bring leadership and guidance to the team. Might take a few games to get going, but he stated in a UTV interview he has been skating most days since he left.

Good to see the Giants contributing to the downfall of the league again. :lol: Doug would have been downright stupid not to bring Awada in short term, when he lives down the road.

steve

Next post about the giants team/spending/budgets gets removed. This thread has been repeatedly hijacked, usually everytime the giants announce a signing. I'm not saying don't discuss it - start another thread or use of the many others there have been. This is for signings and departures.

Blaze sign Dustin Wood. 30yr old D man. 300+ AHL games, then 2 seasons DEL & last 2 seasons in Asia. Nickname is 'the machine'. Was hoping for a tough guy but he looks like a solid stay at home D man who will hopefully help our other dmen with his experience.

Skippy

Re: Re: Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

pj_blaze said:
Blaze sign Dustin Wood. 30yr old D man. 300+ AHL games, then 2 seasons DEL & last 2 seasons in Asia. Nickname is 'the machine'. Was hoping for a tough guy but he looks like a solid stay at home D man who will hopefully help our other dmen with his experience.
Looks a good singing.

Did Thommo say how soon he'd be in ?