Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

ASHIPP

Fife Flyers announce their netminder......

http://www.fifeflyers.co.uk

Zemlak is a product of the Los Angeles Kings development programme.....and has played for one of Stu's previous teams, the Gwinnett Gladiators. Flyers' player Matt Siddall also played on that team.

Well they aint spare imports, since we have two players out injured (Pelle, Crane), they will see plently of ice time. Anyway Awada is based locally at the moment, so its a good move to get him to lace up for a few games.

Not sure what level of fitness he has, but will be good to see him back.

chris592 said:
Well they aint spare imports, since we have two players out injured (Pelle, Crane), they will see plently of ice time. Anyway Awada is based locally at the moment, so its a good move to get him to lace up for a few games.

Not sure what level of fitness he has, but will be good to see him back.

Think you mean Pelle and Rebek :lol: , excellent move by the Giants with Awada now living back in Belfast, will certainley be cheaper than brining in an outside import.
(shame it wasnt Theo :twisted: )

ASHIPP

DevilDom said:
DevilDan said:
Wow! Certainly splashing the cash. I heard they will be buying a private jet next to take the team to away games. :lol:
Are we suprised about this? It was only a matter of time. :roll: Boy, Giants must be desperate to win something this year, whatever the cost...the rest of the clubs are just also-rans. :evil: Other teams just have to put up with injuries and adapt with the squad they have.
At the other end of the spectrum, Capitals lose a major sponsor and played in second hand shirts. Sad times already. :cry:
So much for a competitive league. What a joke. :evil:

p.s. nothing against George Awada - a really good player.

Ocko

ASHIPP said:
DevilDom said:
DevilDan said:
Wow! Certainly splashing the cash. I heard they will be buying a private jet next to take the team to away games. :lol:
Are we suprised about this? It was only a matter of time. :roll: Boy, Giants must be desperate to win something this year, whatever the cost...the rest of the clubs are just also-rans. :evil: Other teams just have to put up with injuries and adapt with the squad they have.
At the other end of the spectrum, Capitals lose a major sponsor and played in second hand shirts. Sad times already. :cry:

You cant blame the Giants. if Devils were in that situation I would hope we'd bring in enforcement. Just because the Capitals are run terribly you cant blame other teams for doing what it takes to win, isnt every team meant to be desperate for silverware? G should be out of a job if he isnt. This is a sport afterall and every team is in it to win. Could you ever imagine a Premiership football team not signing a player knowing that poor old Swansea might not be as competitive as them? The Capitals are bottom and will remain at the bottom because they are so poorly run, I've given up feeling sorry for them.

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
You cant blame the Giants. if Devils were in that situation I would hope we'd bring in enforcement. Just because the Capitals are run terribly you cant blame other teams for doing what it takes to win, isnt every team meant to be desperate for silverware? G should be out of a job if he isnt. This is a sport afterall and every team is in it to win. Could you ever imagine a Premiership football team not signing a player knowing that poor old Swansea might not be as competitive as them? The Capitals are bottom and will remain at the bottom because they are so poorly run, I've given up feeling sorry for them.
Absolutely right - no club is to blame for the way other clubs are run although the recent loss of a major sponsor for the Capitals is due to the recession. Hardly the Capitals' fault.
My previous post just illustrated the ludicrous situation in this league (as in several other sports) - such a disparity between clubs that values such as 'competitiveness' and 'fairness' don't exist. :evil: Perhaps that's just an old-fashioned view! :oops:

Ocko

But teams earn their way to the top. Do the Capitals deserve to be competitive? No, I dont think they do. They messed up so badly last year; rolling over to ridiculous defeats, noone wants to see that. Hull are a prime example of earning being competitive, I know they were kinda bailed out by Coventry but they were showing improvements before that and have gone on since then to be a solid team and that's with the league not enforcing a wage cap and without them taking a slightly communistic view of a level playing field.

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
But teams earn their way to the top. Do the Capitals deserve to be competitive? No, I dont think they do. They messed up so badly last year; rolling over to ridiculous defeats, noone wants to see that. Hull are a prime example of earning being competitive, I know they were kinda bailed out by Coventry but they were showing improvements before that and have gone on since then to be a solid team and that's with the league not enforcing a wage cap and without them taking a slightly communistic view of a level playing field.
(my bold) Hull have really evolved in the last year.

But difficult to concede that other teams with the facility to add other import players on top of existing roster can be described as competitive. They are not 'earning' their way to the top - they are buying an advantage, changing the criteria through means other than simply using the skill of the squad and adapting with what they have.

ASHIPP said:
DevilDom said:
DevilDan said:

1. Every team should be desparate to win something.

2. Sorry but thats rubbish

3. Hows that then

ASHIPP

jester said:
ASHIPP said:
[Are we suprised about this? It was only a matter of time. :roll: Boy, Giants must be desperate to win something this year, whatever the cost...the rest of the clubs are just also-rans. :evil: Other teams just have to put up with injuries and adapt with the squad they have.

1. Every team should be desparate to win something.

2. Sorry but thats rubbish

3. Hows that then
Of course winning a title/trophy is the reward for skill and hard work, that goes without saying....but even with the wealth of talent still on the Giants' team (despite injuries) DC can't be confident that the team can adapt and maintain it's skill level?

Several teams already have import players injured, one or two for longer than a week - name another club right now that has signed another import player for injury cover/additional to their roster? Every other team seems to be adapting with what they've got.

No-one has but name me another club who has an import player of Awada's age and quality living in their city, not playing?

Other teams have access to other brit players that the Giants dont, so signing Awada on a short term basis makes financial sense to the Giants as they have no travel or accomodation costs for him and already hold his ITC.= Simple good decision