Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

wildthing74

skippy said:
ASHIPP said:
Uncle Corey Neilson returns as player/coach to the Panthers......

http://www.panthers.co.uk
So happy about this.

They'd be so so dangerous with that budget and someone competent in charge
Spot on.Talk about 9 lives.So they have a garbage 6 months and 1 good month and he gets out of jail.You can't argue with winning 2 cups but I can't help feeling this is good news for the other teams in the league.

osh

Skippy, James, Wildthing 74, laugh and smirk all you like, but remember, irrespective what you say and how he did it, he brought home 2 of the 3 trophies last season. Perhaps its not all down to luck maybe ? He's not my kind of player or coach, but let's face it, panthers have the bragging rights over us until we actually win something !

osh said:
Skippy, James, Wildthing 74, laugh and smirk all you like, but remember, irrespective what you say and how he did it, he brought home 2 of the 3 trophies last season. Perhaps its not all down to luck maybe ? He's not my kind of player or coach, but let's face it, panthers have the bragging rights over us until we actually win something !
Spot on, as they do on Belfast as well..

Neilson's Panthers won 2 trophies this season and although the Devils and Giants had stronger league finishes neither team won anything... So Panthers fans for sure have the bragging rights this season..

Wannabe2

If we had signed 65 imports, had the biggest budget in the league, and played the play-offs at ours then we would have had them. :lol:

wildthing74

Can't argue with 2 cups after a good 1 month.The best team is the 1 over the course of the league season and they weren't even close to being that.With the budget they have,extra imports and top end Brits they should have won or been top 2 minimum.

TheStub

Re: Re: Signings and departures 2011/12 - All other teams...

wildthing74 said:
Can't argue with 2 cups after a good 1 month.The best team is the 1 over the course of the league season and they weren't even close to being that.With the budget they have,extra imports and top end Brits they should have won or been top 2 minimum.
I would argue that Corey lost them the league, Strachs won them the cups.

Can't argue with the silverware haul, but the defensive style they switched to screamed Corey not calling the shots.

ASHIPP

A great signing for Belfast. :cool: Well done to Doug Christiansen for acting quickly to secure another British player with Colin Shields departing. With the rumour that Ben O'Connor is also joining their roster, Doug has certainly covered the need for quality young British players with the drop in import numbers.

Now, what would be great would be to hear soon from the Cardiff Devils what is happening with our fantastic British players - have they re-signed and who else is coming? :? :x

Whoa - looking at the stats, Dowd scored more goals and was only a few points behind Sheilds this season. Would have loved Devils to have signed him as I think he's still improving and might even get 70-80 points next season assuming Giants are challenging for title again.

chris592

I think Dowd will be a fantastic player in a few years, his stats have been improving year on year. Giants now have 3 of the hottest porspects in the league, Garside, Peacock and Dowd. Our Brit pack is looking good for the future if we can hang onto them.