New Arena

It's taken 9 yrs to get a rink. There are ski slopes in the pipeline, Bristol was one, but at an average price for use is high and in an age of high energy prices building and running a huge snow cone machine is not attractive without deep pockets and larger than normal balls.

Ocko

But who says they haven't got deep pockets? Why are you concerning yourself with finances that have nothing to do with you. If you are a fan all you should be concerned with is whether the rink is happening or not, which it is. You sound like a scorned planet ice worker who had there rink knocked back because they couldn't prove funds.

Not a scorned planet ice worker at all. If you need qualifications to be able comment on the forum this place would be pretty empty. I'm just having a discussion about the new arena, that is all.

Earnie

This 12000 seater arena / conference centre that is speculation at the moment - at no time have I heard of ice pad being mentioned?
I would imagine that this is the one that would have the greater problem in filling. They would be looking for international events as well as UK events.
IAW would carry on doing whatever they choose with with 3000

There are NO plans for a 10,000 seat arena, conference centre.

The proposal that will shortly appear in the European Journal is an multi purpose Exhibition Hall

Jones72

Finny said:
The ski slope isn't just for Wales though. It will attract people from the South West and Avon area. The next nearest indoor facility would be either Milton Keynes of Tamworth I think? The same with the twin-pad ice rink.
Correct. Hemel as well. People regularly travel to Tamworth or MK from the South a West and Wales. Kids are even coached up to Manchester and back for ski training days. Mental.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Foxy

chillee said:
There are issues with those extras.
Good grief man give it a rest. Your beginning to sound like a gramaphone record..........scratches and all. Irritating and makes your skin crawl :(

Finny

For those of you wondering how accurate chillee is at predicting the future of the ISV, a year ago he suggested that the 'arena' would be built but without the ice pads in it.......

Foxy

chillee said:
Really. We need insults. Discussion lost then.
Discussion.......... there is no discussion. All i seem to be reading are one mans warblings with no solid information to back them up....... seriously its becoming boring