New Arena

Sheincar

KaneDevils said:
Sheincar said:
KaneDevils said:
The rink can offer other events too not just hockey, so extra seating could be beneficial for that? I don't understand a lot of what Chillee says, but I think some points are valid ones.
Do we want other events which will impact on ice time & leave us in the same boat as Nottingham/Sheffield/Belfast & even Braehead?
It wouldn't have to if managed well.
So are you saying those arenas aren't managed well? Why would they pass up a concert which would pay more than an ice hockey game?

KaneDevils

I wasn't aware they had concerts there. Not anyone big though right? Those mentioned teams don't seem to do to bad so being in the same boat could be tolerated. :)

jimmy snels

Not even in there and the smart asses could have designed it better, built it quicker and now could run it differently.

How about this. We'll go support the devils at our custom purpose built ice hockey facility, and u go watch chess, bands and whatever other event you choose elsewhere? We won't miss the event or make money from it. It would just be a hindering ice hockey being played and available.

jimmy snels said:
Not even in there and the smart asses could have designed it better, built it quicker and now could run it differently.

How about this. We'll go support the devils at our custom purpose built ice hockey facility, and u go watch chess, bands and whatever other event you choose elsewhere? We won't miss the event or make money from it. It would just be a hindering ice hockey being played and available.

What is happening on this forum? I am agreeing with Mr Snels now :D Where have all theseself professed experts been over the last nine years, they could have formed an action group and campaigned for a bigger and bettter facility designed and built in half the time. We obviously missed a great opportunity by not having them involved

Jones72

jimmy snels said:

+1

Ocko

jodysstillagirlsname said:
jimmy snels said:

What is happening on this forum? I am agreeing with Mr Snels now :D Where have all theseself professed experts been over the last nine years, they could have formed an action group and campaigned for a bigger and bettter facility designed and built in half the time. We obviously missed a great opportunity by not having them involved
No one ever likes an unwanted guest that's late to the party! Agree with Jody, if you were so concerned Chillee where were you all those years ago? There isn't much point giving us war and peace about how wrong the new rink is when its well over half way built!

KaneDevils said:
The rink can offer other events too not just hockey, so extra seating could be beneficial for that? I don't understand a lot of what Chillee says, but I think some points are valid ones.
The point being 3100 may not be enough for some and too little for others.

Simply put. It depends on the event, the cost to run basically.

Wannabe2

chillee said:
KaneDevils said:
The point being 3100 may not be enough for some and too little for others.

Simply put. It depends on the event, the cost to run basically.
Welcome back dude, we have missed you.

Sheincar said:
But will it grow if there's a poor atmosphere & games appear poorly attended due to empty seats?
An atmosphere is subjective depending on the people. I personally think it's a myth that size matters.

There are areas in the BBT that contain the hockey family, groups of like minded peeps who collectively work as a group and bounce of each other. Other areas have people who don't attend regularly and are strangers, so it can "feel" less atmospheric.

With proper seating control, light and sound it can be addressed. Other rinks suffer due to poor running, plus some parts of the UK people are just weird, boring and plain miserable.

Wannabe2

chillee said:
Sheincar said:
But will it grow if there's a poor atmosphere & games appear poorly attended due to empty seats?
An atmosphere is subjective depending on the people. I personally think it's a myth that size matters.

There are areas in the BBT that contain the hockey family, groups of like minded peeps who collectively work as a group and bounce of each other. Other areas have people who don't attend regularly and are strangers, so it can "feel" less atmospheric.

With proper seating control, light and sound it can be addressed. Other rinks suffer due to poor running, plus some parts of the UK people are just weird, boring and plain miserable.
Great post love it.

jimmy snels said:
If it's a cash cow, yes as with the St Davids, it's a massive build compared to IAW. It took 3 yrs.

Time waits for no man. It's even more important if you need to sell housing to pay for the project. It's kinda commonsense, really very little intelligence required.

Sounds perfect.

Ocko said:
No one ever likes an unwanted guest that's late to the party! Agree with Jody, if you were so concerned Chillee where were you all those years ago? There isn't much point giving us war and peace about how wrong the new rink is when its well over half way built!
I was living and working far away from Cardiff.

Where were all the fans when this was pointed out yrs ago.

I'm just responding to people. Keep writing I'll keep responding. Stop writing and going in circles, I'll wait to the announcements, changes or whatever happens, then l can say told you so or if nothing happens you can all go nuts insulting me. ;)

Wannabe2

chillee said:
Ocko said:

We were waiting for you to come back, and lead us into sensibility mate.

chillee said:
Ocko said:

I'm just responding to people. Keep writing I'll keep responding. Stop writing and going in circles, I'll wait to the announcements, changes or whatever happens, then l can say told you so or if nothing happens you can all go nuts insulting me. ;)
How about..you wait until the Arena is completed...the Devils are playing in it...and we see how it goes from there? Until then, in terms of the Cardiff Devils organisation...everything else is a moot point.

Tyke Devil said:
How about..you wait until the Arena is completed...the Devils are playing in it...and we see how it goes from there? Until then, in terms of the Cardiff Devils organisation...everything else is a moot point.
Follow Wannabe, a few comments back it'll shed some light in response to you.

Well not really........the thread is on a Cardiff Devils forum so basically is about the Cardiff Devils..or should be.

I care about how the new arena will affect the Devils..nothing else. It can only be an improvement on what we have at the moment.

The Arena is being built for Ice sports...and will be the home for the Devils. That's it as far as I am concerned. It is what it is. If you wanted something different you should have got involved with all the hard working guys that got us this far. I assume you were in contact with SORAC over the last 4 or 5 years?

TBH...if you were not...well you really can't complain about anything. How can you. What did you do?