Mike's Back!

Russky

I am admirer of Prpich's as a player, I am pleased he has signed but he has had few bad games: this seasons playoff semi being the immediate game that comes to mind! He has the kind of singleminded focussed attitude that marks him as a quality player. OK he can be a little too hyped up in games sometimes but you have to accept this as a trait of his overall game.

Foxy

Finny said:
Foxy said:
Well with the echo piece today stating that Adams is trying to keep the Voth-Latulippe-Hill line together this must mean that Prpich is going to be on the 1st line. Unless of course our 2nd line becomes our 3rd line next season but don't think our wage cap has gone up by that much.
I think you're right. At times though the Hill-Jay-Voth line was outperforming our supposed first line.
I have no problem with Prpich being on our first line - he is a very good player. What I and a couple of others were saying, was that we hoped he would be given linemates who would score even more than him.

That's no slur or Prpich. Not only is he a good goalscorer but he does the hardwork in the corners and along the boards to create chances for his linemates.
Remember when we had Max and Smithy with Sample on the right wing. Sample did well to create chances and work the boards - but when he was given a goal scoring chance he often missed. can you imagine Prpich on a line like that in Sample's place!!
Can we put the request in now for that line :D Get Lyle in Goal and Elich back as our extra import and we'll be sorted forward wise :lol:

ASHIPP

Foxy said:
Well with the echo piece today stating that Adams is trying to keep the Voth-Latulippe-Hill line together this must mean that Prpich is going to be on the 1st line. Unless of course our 2nd line becomes our 3rd line next season but don't think our wage cap has gone up by that much.

ASHIPP

ASHIPP said:
Foxy said:
Who's to say that those guys won't be our 1st line and Prps is actually on the 2nd line?

It makes more sense to have Prps on 1st line with 2 signings (from EIHL or otherwise) - God, imagine Elich-Deschatalets-Prpich!!!! :shock: I'm absolutely dreaming here...... And if Lyle did come back, that would give an option on an import. :)

Foxy

ASHIPP said:
ASHIPP said:
Foxy said:
Who's to say that those guys won't be our 1st line and Prps is actually on the 2nd line?

It makes more sense to have Prps on 1st line with 2 signings (from EIHL or otherwise) - God, imagine Elich-Deschatalets-Prpich!!!! :shock: I'm absolutely dreaming here...... And if Lyle did come back, that would give an option on an import. :)
:lol: Hill had a good season but i'm sorry 1st liner he isn't. Not if we have any serious intentions of competing with the big boys next year :)

ASHIPP

And I doubt very much that the Voth-Hill-Latulippe 2nd line would become the 3rd line next season - can't see the Vother or Jay up for that :eek: And the budget would have to be enormous to recruit the rest of the 2nd line with Prps and the entire 1st line?! :shock: And what about players like Ben Davies (if he's available) - which line would he play on?

Foxy

ASHIPP said:
And I doubt very much that the Voth-Hill-Latulippe 2nd line would become the 3rd line next season - can't see the Vother or Jay up for that :eek: And the budget would have to be enormous to recruit the rest of the 2nd line with Prps and the entire 1st line?! :shock: And what about players like Ben Davies (if he's available) - which line would he play on?
Hence the end comment of don't think the wage cap has gone up by that much :D i was only joking :lol: don't think for a moment jay and Voth would be third liners :D

osh

Sheincar said:
I don't understand why you don't understand the question. You seem to be assuming he's a 1st line signing so you're disappointed but you don't know what his role will be any more than I do & yes I am a Prps fan who I feel is getting a rough deal on here.
It would appear that I was correct to assume he is going to be a first line player ( as Jay, Voth & Hill are mentioned as second line forwards ) So yes I am dissapointed, however, I will have to wait and see who will join him on the 1st line but I was hoping for more to be honest.

There is the option of Prpich on the 3rd line. I absolutely expected him to be on the 2nd line because I really didn't see Jay returning, but now that he has, I dont see Mike playing 3rd line as completely impossible, a quality goal scorer on the 3rd line with 2 strong brits isnt such a bad idea.

Kipper

osh said:
Sheincar said:
I don't understand why you don't understand the question. You seem to be assuming he's a 1st line signing so you're disappointed but you don't know what his role will be any more than I do & yes I am a Prps fan who I feel is getting a rough deal on here.
It would appear that I was correct to assume he is going to be a first line player ( as Jay, Voth & Hill are mentioned as second line forwards ) So yes I am dissapointed, however, I will have to wait and see who will join him on the 1st line but I was hoping for more to be honest.
But how on earth can you be disappointed without knowing what the rest of the first line is? It's all about balance. We have Prps on the first line as a battling winger who scored 69 points last season. How many points did Samps score as a gritty winger on a line with Smith and Birbraer? I guess you would accept that Prps is more productive than Samps was!! What's the point of having three goal scorers on the first line if they haven't got anyone to work in the corners and win them the puck?

Rempel16

So no-one wants campbell back anymore???

If we go with the Brit goalie (behind a rock solid d), we could have the luxury of rolling three quality lines with no distinction of which is 1,2,3.

eg voth latulippe hill
import import brit (davies/ shaun thompson)
prpich brit (myers/towe) import (campbell)

Finny

Rempel16 said:

If we go with the Brit goalie (behind a rock solid d), we could have the luxury of rolling three quality lines with no distinction of which is 1,2,3.

eg voth latulippe hill
IMO, that would be a weak lineup and a stepdown on last season.

Rempel16

Finny said:
Rempel16 said:

eg voth latulippe hill
IMO, that would be a weak lineup and a stepdown on last season.

really, ok look at it this way

voth latulippe hill
birbraer smith thompson
prpich myers campbell

Belfast aside i didn't see a better forward line up than that this season

Finny

Yeh, I was tired when I read your post first time, thought you meant our 2nd line would now be our 1st line and wasn't thinking properly.

:oops:

Ocko

I'd like to see Campbell come back and be on the 3rd line. My line up would be as follows.

Prpich - M Smith - Deschatelets

Voth - Latulip - Hill

Campbell - Myers - Davies/Towe

If we get Lyle we we obviously have 4 import D and 6 import forwards. With Hill playing on the second line as stated by G that means that we are always going to have an import on the third line, the third line I have put above is more than a match for any in the league IMO

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
I'd like to see Campbell come back and be on the 3rd line. My line up would be as follows.

Voth - Latulip - Hill

If we get Lyle we we obviously have 4 import D and 6 import forwards. With Hill playing on the second line as stated by G that means that we are always going to have an import on the third line, the third line I have put above is more than a match for any in the league IMO
Or even...

Prpich-Deschatalets-Elich

Voth-Latulippe-Hill

Campbell-Thompson-Davies (infact, hasn't DC played with Shaun Thompson before?)

Would love to see our DC and Matt Elich returning (added to Sly and Shaun Thompson rumours) - but will they? :?

Ocko said:

Voth - Latulip - Hill

Have I missed something - who is Myers?!

Ocko

timetoplaythegame said:
Ocko said:

Voth - Latulip - Hill

Have I missed something - who is Myers?!
:shock: Please tell me your not serious! :lol: